REQ: Songs with the name "Lola"

G.T. TYSON IV

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

I'm looking for songs which prominently feature the name "Lola" in
either the lyrics or the title. I already have "Lola" by the Kinks and
that song from the Broadway musical "Damn Yankees" called
"Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets" (or whatever it was called).
Any others?

GTTysonIV
Tar...@skantech.com

greg

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Dare I admit it... _her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, but that
was 40 years ago...._ Copacabana by Barry Manilow

BoboHowie

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98

>I'm looking for songs which prominently feature the name "Lola" in
>either the lyrics or the title. I already have "Lola" by the Kinks and
>that song from the Broadway musical "Damn Yankees" called
>"Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets" (or whatever it was called).
> Any others?

Years ago Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, under the name of
Buckingham/Nicks, recorded a song called "Lola".

"Lola my love....sure knows how to treat her man
Lola my love....she does everything a woman can

When I get home - one thing on my mind
She knows just what I'm lookin' for
And in the morning after I say
Lola, you sure can love
Lola....Lola....
Lola....Lola...."

And there is also a song called "Lonely Lola Cherry Cola Girl", but I can't
remember who recorded it.

"Lonely Lola cherry cola girl
How much do they pay you for your smile?
Alone in your own creaming soda world
Maybe you were happy for a while
Lola you're a star tonight
Don't let them pluck you from the sky

Lonely Lola everybody knows
Everybody calls themselves your friend
But later on tonight when it gets cold
Lola who's gonna love you then?
There's something in your eyes tonight
Forget them and take it in your stride

CHORUS:
My friends told me about how you've been gettin' out
But no-one seems to know your name
Slide on through the crowd and let them talk out loud
They only want to hold ya
Do they really know ya
Lola?

So you say you're lonely, Lola, sure
Everybody gets that way sometimes
But Lola, only you could know the cure
Wait it out and Lola, you'll be fine
It's easy if you try tonight
Don't sit there and keep on asking 'Why?'

CHORUS

Lola you're on fire tonight
Don't sit there and keep on asking 'Why?'

CHORUS

-Bobo

Please mister, please... Don't play B-17!

Stephen Farrell

Apr 5, 1998, 4:00:00 AM4/5/98
to Tar...@mail.skantech.com

There is also the tenor aria from the opera "Cavalleria Rusticana" O Lola
(Siciliana) by P. Mascagni

G.T. TYSON IV wrote:

> I'm looking for songs which prominently feature the name "Lola" in
> either the lyrics or the title. I already have "Lola" by the Kinks and
> that song from the Broadway musical "Damn Yankees" called
> "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets" (or whatever it was called).
> Any others?
>

> GTTysonIV
> Tar...@skantech.com

AWhitman