Growing Up In Public

Will Dockery

Aug 23, 2015, 2:50:57 PM8/23/15
Notes/questions to myself.

Found Wuxtry Records on North Decatur Road, Atlanta. Had to be after July 1980, perhaps Labor day weekend... or I found the store before then, but not sure how I had the time, as I worked all day five days a week, 100 miles away, down in Columbus, Georgia.

My father was in the VA Hospital a few blocks up Briarcliff Road from Wuxtry, and I walked that direction, south, and found it. Why I decided to walk that way, that day, is one of my questions.

It would have to have been after the release of Lou Reed's "Growing Up In Public" but not long after, as that's what I bought that day.

Perhaps I took the day off from work to drive my father to the hospital, that's the only way I can figure I'd be not at work.

I moved to Atlanta later in the year, but that definitely had not happened yet.

Questions mixed in a haze of memory.