Lightfoot seen on TV show LOST! (May 3)

dabu...@direct.ca

Apr 29, 2006, 12:35:12 AM4/29/06
"Two for the Road" episode of LOST [airdate: May 3, 2006]

2x20: Two for the Road Promotional Photos
(http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=1042)

If you look carefully, you can see in the background the LP "The Best
Of Gordon Lightfoot" to the left of the turntable:

(http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=1042&pos=6)

Then click for close-up.
===
http://www.corfid.com/gl/Albums/best_of_1972/Main.htm

The Best Of Gordon Lightfoot, 1970 United Artists

Songs:

01. Go Go Round
02. Softly
03. The Way I Feel
04. For Lovin' Me
05. Early Morning Rain
06. I'm Not Sayin'
07. Black Day In July
08. Did She Mention My Name
09. Bitter Green
10. Pussywillows, Cat-Tails
11. Canadian Railroad Trilogy
---
LOST quiz

http://www.ashleylangford.com/archives/2006/04/lost_quiz.html

David Buckna

Valerie L Magee

Apr 29, 2006, 7:57:13 AM4/29/06
OK, I give up. Just how did you happen to notice this? Or did you
provide the LPs as props so you made this happen?

lightf...@rogers.com

Apr 29, 2006, 9:09:03 AM4/29/06
I've never heard of the show........

but that certainly is The Best of Gordon Lightfoot 1970 !

was it playing too???

someone has a very keen eye.....and fine musical taste!

;)
Char

last week on BostonLegal I noticed a magazine that someone was
reading-an article listed on the cover had to do with farmed
salmon....Mr. Kelley who writes the show and wife Michelle Pfeiffer are
fans of a spot in B.C. they holiday at (Nimmo Bay - episode
titled:Finding Nimmo) and follows last seasons episode that saw two
main cast members (WIlliam Shatner and James Spader) in B.C. at a
resort to fly fish and ended up in court in regards to farmed salmon
being sold as wild...
this episode caused quite a ruckus apparently...
http://www.ecobc.org/NewsToday/2005/10/TodaysNews1148/index.cfm
and
http://www.boston-legal.org/3-nimmo/ep3-nimmo.shtml

I'll have to start paying more attention to props.....
good question Val.....

more salmon news: (lol)

for those of you who are fisherpersons you may soon be able to catch
Atlantic salmon in Lake Ontario before a Lightfoot show! Perhaps Gord
will break out his Canary Yellow Canoe, sail down the Don River and
catch a few fish again!
thanks to the Australian wine maker - Banrock Station for making it
possible:
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/CityandRegion/2006/04/28/1554562-sun.html

dabu...@direct.ca

Apr 29, 2006, 11:04:56 AM4/29/06
Valerie L Magee wrote:
> OK, I give up. Just how did you happen to notice this? Or did you
> provide the LPs as props so you made this happen?

I happened to notice the Lightfoot LP as I regularly check the photos
at www.lost-media.com

The LP's on the shelves in the hatch are from the 60's and 70's, and if
you've ever watched the show, you'll notice that some of the LOST
characters select albums to play eg. Mama Cass, Otis Redding, etc.

This is pure conjecture on my part, but as actress Evangeline Lilly is
Canadian, perhaps she suggested the Lightfoot LP as a prop. It's
certainly possible the May 3 episode could include a snippet from one
of the songs on the LP. "Bitter Green" would be a good choice!

David Buckna
http://www.ashleylangford.com/archives/2006/04/lost_quiz.html

Blair Barondes

May 2, 2006, 11:09:24 AM5/2/06
This is great! Thanks!
-Blair

<dabu...@direct.ca> wrote in message

Tony Wesley

May 4, 2006, 10:24:04 AM5/4/06

dabu...@direct.ca wrote:
> "Two for the Road" episode of LOST [airdate: May 3, 2006]
>
> 2x20: Two for the Road Promotional Photos
> (http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=1042)
>
> If you look carefully, you can see in the background the LP "The Best
> Of Gordon Lightfoot" to the left of the turntable:

I have fond memories of that album, it's the first Lightfoot record I
bought.