Re: Leonard Cohen has passed away

Will Dockery

Nov 24, 2016, 3:27:18 AM11/24/16
"drive-by" wrote in message
news:838bce5b-5d3a-43af...@googlegroups.com...
>On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 9:07:24 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> I don't know the details yet, my friend Robert Wright just telephoned me
> with the news.
>
> Sad day to day the least.

Yes, Leonard Cohen has died

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2016/11/10/leonard-cohen-dies-at-82/93622408/

Poet Leonard Cohen...

https://youtu.be/ncdY2nGKzBs

Leonard Cohen with There Is A War from the album New Skin For The Old
Ceremony released in August 1974.

Will Dockery

Nov 29, 2016, 10:08:48 AM11/29/16
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 4:37:03 PM UTC-5, George John III wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 9:29:14 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > "drive-by" wrote in message

> > > Which makes bohemians universal, I'm happy to report.

> > By the way, I looked that LC song up that one of your poems reminded me
> > of
> > yesterday, off his second album, "The Partisan":
> >
> > https://www.bing.com/search?q=partisan+leonard+cohen&form=EDGEAR&qs=AS&cvid=6479eae93b324680984bd54de901ba95&pq=%22partisan%22+%22leo
> >
> > The Partisan
> >
> > When they poured across the border
> > I was cautioned to surrender,
> > This I could not do
> > I took my gun and vanished.
> >
> > I have changed my name so often,
> > I've lost my wife and children
> > But I have many friends,
> > And some of them are with me
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > -Leonard Cohen
>
> "Who By Fire" is another great one.

Yes it is. Back in the 1970s, when she was first teaching me about Leonard
Cohen, my friend and mentor Angie Oliver used to play "Who By Fire", and
often would begin weeping.

Cohen brings back many fond memories for me, over many decade.