Puff Daddy should be charged with felonious impersonation

1 view

John B

Feb 2, 2001, 4:39:18 PM2/2/01
Puff Daddy, the man barely talented enough to walk upright, should also be
charged with felonious impersonation of a musician for his brutal rendition
of the classic "Kashmir" that he attempted to sing over recently.
I've heard drunken trailer trash women with no teeth and a mouth full of
Marlboro's in hick red-neck bars perform renditions of Zeppelin songs on the
karoake than the pathetic version that this street thug attempted to pass
off recently.
Puff Daddy seems to think that by stealing a riff or backing music (Kashmir,
Every Breath You Take) and just grunting over it, (Yeah! Uhhh! Yeah!! That's
Right!!! Yeah!!) it is referred to as musical genius. I happened to be in
NY during the original Saturday Night Live show in which Jimmy Page actually
permited him to share the stage with him. I turned the tv on, and there it
was. I nearly threw the tv out the window. I figured Jimmy must've been back
on the heavy shit if he let this idiot not only stand onstage with him, but
attempt to sing a watered down version of one of the best Zep songs ever!!
Forget the charges for carrying a gun, charge this idiot with fraud for
attempting to impersonate someone who is even moderately talented.

Adrian Hecker

Feb 2, 2001, 7:53:56 PM2/2/01
Amen to that!!!

When I first heard that terrible "Come With Me" song I felt like killing
something.. (preferablely Sean Coombs, himself - I refuse to call him Puff
Daddy).. and I don't know what Mr. Page was thinking..

It's nuts!!!

Adrian Hecker

DarrinT68

Feb 2, 2001, 8:29:02 PM2/2/01
>Subject: Re: Puff Daddy should be charged with felonious impersonation
>From: "Adrian Hecker" hec...@ihug.com.au
>Date: 2/2/01 7:53 PM Eastern Standard Time

PUFF DOOFY (heh) has been a frequent discussion in alt.zep! Unfortunately, PAGE
& the remaining ZEP members are equally to blame!! They could have just as
easily said no to the idea!!
Instead, they caved in to the almighty ego & dollar!!

Anthony

Feb 4, 2001, 4:10:47 AM2/4/01
A positive side of it is a lot of people who would normally never listen to
music like Led Zeppelin are getting exposure
Page and Plant have always shown to be pretty broadminded musically.
More so than their fans it seems.

Anthony

Rufus Leaking

Feb 3, 2001, 10:25:47 AM2/3/01
>Forget the charges for carrying a gun, charge this idiot with fraud for
>attempting to impersonate someone who is even moderately talented.

but it's not impersonation if the original artist contributes the major guitar
parts on the song

perhaps he could be up on collaboration charges or conspiricy to commit dumbass
music if that's how you see it.

I personally like CWM, especially the NetAid version...

Dave

"Hid in the reeds are eyes that peek,
voices I don't understand.
Flamingos fly endlessly,
To the silent sky"

Bernie Doherty

Feb 3, 2001, 11:47:13 AM2/3/01
I have to agree on this. The only reason I got into Zep in the first place
was because of Come With Me. Look at the sig for Jimmy's opinion on rappers.

--
Courtesy of Bernie Doherty (http://www.directorsunited.com)
"Anthony" <bron...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

Lee McC

Feb 4, 2001, 4:19:52 PM2/4/01
Eh. I dig it. I like the version (from the single) with the Godzilla
screams. Nobody can ruin the Kashmir riff - 'specially when Jimmy's the one
playin' it.

;o)

"John B" <hiltons...@snip.net> wrote in message