Larry Badgely

143 views
Skip to first unread message

Eats

unread,
Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96
to

On a few of my LedZep CDs Robert Plant says the following before the band
starts a song: "The Doctor was played by Larry Badgely". Does anyone know
what Robert Plant meant by this?

The Rover

unread,
Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96
to

Looky here what ea...@aol.com (Eats) wrote for everybody to see:

>On a few of my LedZep CDs Robert Plant says the following before the band
>starts a song: "The Doctor was played by Larry Badgely". Does anyone know
>what Robert Plant meant by this?

I think this is an inside joke with the band and crew. In the '70's,
soap operas were mostly a live take and from time to time certain cast
members would get sick or be gone for something and the producers
would have to substitute another actor for the show. The announcer
would come on at the beginning of the show to say that, for instance,
"Rachel was played by Jane Doe". So I figure Robert was in a hotel
room watching the soaps one day, and thought it was funny. Probably
Larry Badgley was a crew member that tried to play doctor or
something, and Robert decided he'd make a joke of it for all.

just my .02

L8R,
J.R.

Bill Kroger

unread,
Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96
to

Larry Badgley was the doctor for the '77 tour. The band pissed him off
because they always got into his pill stash. i think this is correct but
if i am wrong someone please correct me.

Bill Kroger

LedMC

unread,
Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96
to

It's who they had sing backup for "Battle of Evermore" during the 1977
tour.
"Hey, my friend. It seems your eyes are troubled. Care to share your
time with me...Take these chances...Lovers for a night...There are two
paths you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the
road you're on...I knew the moment had arrived for killing the past and
coming back to life...I'll see you on the darkside of the moon...Believe
in the plan, the man, and yourself. Love and help all...It's been a long
time since I've rocked and rolled...Celebrate we will!"-Various Dave
Matthew's Band, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd songs with a quote from myself,
Matthew Cohen.

The Rover

unread,
Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96
to

Looky here what le...@aol.com (LedMC) wrote for everybody to see:

>It's who they had sing backup for "Battle of Evermore" during the 1977
>tour.

Sorry bud, but the lousy back-up singer was none other than John Paul
Jones.

J.R.

David McAuliff

unread,
Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96
to

In article <4um15b$5...@news.campus.mci.net>,
ther...@som-uky.campus.mci.net wrote:

Well, on my copy of LZ IV the late Sandy Denny is credited with the
backing vocals in "Battle of Evermore."

djm

The Rover

unread,
Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96
to

Looky here what mcau...@slip.net (David McAuliff) wrote for everybody
to see:


>Well, on my copy of LZ IV the late Sandy Denny is credited with the
>backing vocals in "Battle of Evermore."

>djm

Yes, the late Sandy Denney (of Fairport Convention) did sing back up
on the album. But during the '77 tour JPJ *attempted* to sing back-up
(with terrible results, IMHO).

L8R,
J.R.
(The Rover)

***********************************
"There are three kinds of lies:
lies, damned lies and statistics"
--Benjamin Disraeli, statesman
***********************************


Lester Long

unread,
Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96
to

Yeah it was Sandy Denny. BTW she died. JPJ did back-up to BoE in
concert.


In <mcauliff-120...@news.slip.net> mcau...@slip.net (David


McAuliff) writes:
>
>In article <4um15b$5...@news.campus.mci.net>,
>ther...@som-uky.campus.mci.net wrote:
>
>>Looky here what le...@aol.com (LedMC) wrote for everybody to see:
>>
>>>It's who they had sing backup for "Battle of Evermore" during the
1977
>>>tour.
>>
>>Sorry bud, but the lousy back-up singer was none other than John Paul
>>Jones.
>>
>>J.R.
>

daved...@gmail.com

unread,
Jul 15, 2020, 11:51:23 AM7/15/20
to
Dr larry badgely was the tour doctor for both the STONES AND ZEPPELIN HE WAS KNOWN AS "DR FEELGOOD" YES JUST LIKE THE CRUE SONG! I ALSO BELIEVE HE DISCOVERED fibromyalgia
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages