Who is ray Thomas..from scotland

James Patrick Page

Apr 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/22/99
i have a boot from led zep in berlin 1980 when jimmy is tuning up for
black mountian side,robert says "ladies and gentlemen..Ray Thomas from
scotland"
anyone know who he is?
©Geoff©

Ps: How Bout Max Wahl Or Max Wall In Osaka Robert said "On Drums Max
Wahl Moby Dick,John Bonham?

Mosthigh9

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99

>i have a boot from led zep in berlin 1980 when jimmy is tuning up for
>black mountian side,robert says "ladies and gentlemen..Ray Thomas from
>scotland"
>anyone know who he is?
> ©Geoff©

Jimmy's tech at the time.

nick most...@aol.com

Fred Grieve

Apr 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/24/99

Ray Thomas was Jimmy's personal assistant. He handled and tuned all Jimmy's
guitars prior to the shows.

James Patrick Page <JamesPat...@softhome.net> wrote in article
<371FDB17...@softhome.net>...

> i have a boot from led zep in berlin 1980 when jimmy is tuning up for
> black mountian side,robert says "ladies and gentlemen..Ray Thomas from
> scotland"
> anyone know who he is?
> ©Geoff©

michael gilson

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
James Patrick Page wrote:

> i have a boot from led zep in berlin 1980 when jimmy is tuning up for
> black mountian side,robert says "ladies and gentlemen..Ray Thomas from
> scotland"
> anyone know who he is?
> ©Geoff©
>
> Ps: How Bout Max Wahl Or Max Wall In Osaka Robert said "On Drums Max
> Wahl Moby Dick,John Bonham?

As others have pointed out, Ray Thomas was Jimmy's guitar tech.

As for Osaka 9/29/71, I've always heard it as "Max Ward". Bonzo is grousing
about not wanting to play Moby Dick, throwing names at Robert. Bonzo says
"Max Ward" and then Robert announces him by that name. The only Max Ward
I've ever heard of was a famous Canadian bush pilot and entrepreneur who
founded Wardair, a now-defunct Canadian airline. Can't imagine what
relevance this had to Bonzo at the time, and I bet there wasn't a single
audience member that night who knew what the hell they were talking about.

That's one of the most hilarious boots out there. . . "After three,
everybody say 'Mistah Bonham'! One, two, three. . ."

MinM

James Patrick Page

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
is that the one where bonzo has to go take a shit?

michael gilson

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
James Patrick Page wrote:

> is that the one where bonzo has to go take a shit?

That's the general consensus, yeah, that the poor guy had diarrhea. I like
Percy's explanation better, though: "Mistah Bonham go for bath with, uh, with
geisha."

Plus, they made up for his absence by doing a sweet version of Tangerine (with
just Page on acoustic accompanying Plant) and, after Jimmy's badgering, the only
known live version of Friends (by this time, Bonzo's back to bang the bongos).

MinM

Simon Nicholson

Oct 15, 2021, 3:41:31 AM10/15/21

Simon Nicholson

Oct 15, 2021, 3:42:49 AM10/15/21
On Tuesday, April 27, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, James Patrick Page wrote:
> is that the one where bonzo has to go take a shit?
It's Max Wall an English comedian.