Jimmy Page Drooling

SurfPipe

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96
Why is it that when Jimmy is in deep concentration, playing like crazy,
eyes closed, dripping wet with sweat, he starts drooling all over himself
and the stage? I mean he really looks like he's going to die or
something. He starts literally blowing spit and drool everywhere. Any
clues?

Outrider8

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
I think this subject was brought up before. Anyway, Page had jaw
problems back in the 80's that required surgery. They wired his jaw or
something like that. So now I guess he has trouble with drool. Either
that or he just thinks it looks cool. ;o)

Pat Devaney

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
Now I'm not saying this definately is it,
BUT ... I'VE HEARD when large amounts of c-c-c-cocaine
are snorted (which sometimes happens in a rock 'n' roll
environmnet) the excess can reach the mouth (or be rubbed
manually onto the gums) causing a numbness in the mouth
much like the kind you get when the dentist shoots your
mouth up with novocaine (the legal cousin of cocaine),
which can lead one to not being able to control his/her
drool.

Steven E. Fritz

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
I believe that drool can also be a sign of increased parasympathetic
nervous stimulation. It increases in preparation to eat. Drool may also
increase just prior to orgasm. Anyway, I guess I'm saying that Jimmy may
be really getting into his music in such a way that he is getting this
basic physiologic response, similar to the pleasure experienced with
eating or sex.

hector o'sexual

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96

Well, with Lippanzaner Stallions, i t means that they've accepted their bit...

--Hector O'Sexual

Hanne Hill

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
to surf...@aol.com
Don't worry! This may often happen when clenching your teeth and keeping
your mouth shut for a longer period of time - some people have also a
larger production of saliva than others. I was standing just in front of
Mr. Page for a couple of hours during a consert last summer, so I
understand what you mean. Actually I thought Mr.Page looked healthier
than he appeard to be when younger (except that he seemed to have a
slight touch of a cold). Enjoy his/their music !!!

Your Sincerely Berry

JEFF The Man STRAWMAN

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
In article <4ftmii$9...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, surf...@aol.com (SurfPipe) writes:
> Why is it that when Jimmy is in deep concentration, playing like crazy,
> eyes closed, dripping wet with sweat, he starts drooling all over himself
> and the stage? I mean he really looks like he's going to die or
> something. He starts literally blowing spit and drool everywhere. Any
> clues?
He has some jaw problems or something like that due to his heroin use.

-Jeff

Glenn Saunders

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
The mortal Outrider8 wrote:
: I think this subject was brought up before. Anyway, Page had jaw

: problems back in the 80's that required surgery. They wired his jaw or

Is there any substantiation for this?

I saw Page in 1988 and he didn't drool as far as I know.

TOM WALTHER

Feb 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/19/96
In article <4ftmii$9...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, surf...@aol.com (SurfPipe)
says:

>Why is it that when Jimmy is in deep concentration, playing like crazy,
>eyes closed, dripping wet with sweat, he starts drooling all over himself
>and the stage? I mean he really looks like he's going to die or
>something. He starts literally blowing spit and drool everywhere. Any
>clues?

I did hear that he had surgery in the 1980's and that's a major part of
it. I also heard that it was because of the amount of heroin that he did
in the 1970's. But who cares, it just proves how much he's into his music.
I don't know about you but a man that has his eyes closed, concentrating,
dripping with sweat and drooling must be so far into his music that he
can't even be compared to.

lgfish...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2017, 9:21:56 PM7/11/17
On Wednesday, February 14, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, SurfPipe wrote:
> Why is it that when Jimmy is in deep concentration, playing like crazy,
> eyes closed, dripping wet with sweat, he starts drooling all over himself
> and the stage? I mean he really looks like he's going to die or
> something. He starts literally blowing spit and drool everywhere. Any
> clues?

Page has a severe deviated septum, he has enormous problems breathing through his nose, so he uses his mouth, when he is playing or concentrating, the drool comes out. assuming.

darr...@aol.com

Oct 12, 2017, 12:55:52 AM10/12/17
On Wednesday, February 14, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, SurfPipe wrote:

> Why is it that when Jimmy is in deep concentration, playing like crazy,
> eyes closed, dripping wet with sweat, he starts drooling all over himself
> and the stage? I mean he really looks like he's going to die or
> something. He starts literally blowing spit and drool everywhere. Any
> clues?

Page was drooling from thinking about all that young gash. ehe -D, "If I played guitar, I'd be Jimmy Page. All the girlies I like are underage." - BEASTIE BOYS (umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYers)

musicim...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017, 9:37:46 PM11/4/17
yeah -its called heroin

hearts_...@yahoo.com

Aug 8, 2019, 11:35:42 PM8/8/19
I saw the Firm in Denver and we brought binoculars and I witnessed this too. He had this long drool eventually reaching the stage. It was like he was in a trance. He was absolutely playing phenomenal guitar, it was AMAZING! I have mentioned the drool to others and no one seems to believe me. I’m glad I’m not the only one to witness this.

Marc Kuperman

Sep 15, 2023, 10:05:42 PM9/15/23
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 10:35:42 PM UTC-5, hearts_...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I saw the Firm in Denver and we brought binoculars and I witnessed this too. He had this long drool eventually reaching the stage. It was like he was in a trance. He was absolutely playing phenomenal guitar, it was AMAZING! I have mentioned the drool to others and no one seems to believe me. I’m glad I’m not the only one to witness this.
I saw him with the Firm in Chicago twice, in 1986 we sat 1st row center and he was drooling like crazy the majority of the show, hanging almost to the ground. We were amazed……