Sprint Final À L'Arrivé

Nigel Stapley

Jun 24, 2017, 9:36:18 AM6/24/17
Well, that's the tour done then.

What did you think?

I saw them at Manchester. While I didn't get the benefit of the 3D
visuals because I have lousy stereo vision, the sound was awesome! It
helped being in a proper concert hall this time rather than a cycling
stadium, but the sound system they had was beyond anything I'd ever
experienced before; everything was clear, even at peak volume. As for
the bass...well, it was no place to be if you had a weak bladder (a
couple of dozen people had to 'excuse themselves' briefly during the
second half of the show).

Interesting to have 'Intermission', 'News' and 'Electric Café' added to
the set, and a good reworking of 'Computer Love' (although I wasn't keen
on the changes to 'Neon Lights'). Great cheer for seeing the flying
saucer in 'Spacelab' flying across Salford Quays and then touching down
outside the Bridgewater Hall itself.

The Boys seemed to be enjoying themselves, especially when Ralf and
Henning stood and watched whilst Fritz was doing his solo at the end.
Ralf was almost *bopping* by this point!

I can't help but feel, though, that this may be the last time they'll do
a 'proper' tour here. Ralf seems in good shape (except for his voice!),
but he is over 70 now, and Fritz and Henning aren't getting any younger.

Still, a great way to bow out!

(For my fuller thoughts - should you ever want them - my 'review' is
here: http://www.thejudge.me.uk/Raves/Raves_20170620.htm)

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley