Operation KMFDM

Pinhead the Cenobite

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

cr...@cyberhighway.net wrote in article
<3399328...@news.cyberhighway.net>...
> I have a copy of the bootleg live cd "Operation KMFDM" for sale. It
> is $25, including shipping. Please e-mail me if you are interested.

I think I'll save my money, and I suggest that everyone else does too.
According to Sascha, the sound quality really sucks on the CD *and* the
video and that the producers of the CD and video seemingly know *nothing*
about KMFDM, since they make up titles for the songs and in some cases,
give a song the wrong title. Sascha is also looking for information on the
whereabouts of the company that produces this drek, Hurricane Records. For
more info on Sascha's quest, see his web page at: http://www.kmfdm.net

> Crank
> Fractured Reality "Electronic Music Internet Zine"
> http://www.cyberhighway.net/~crank

rhino

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

> >> Fractured Reality "Electronic Music Internet Zine"
> >> http://www.cyberhighway.net/~crank
> >>

> How do you know how much Sascha is sayig is true though. I mean that he
> will be probably over exagerrating the quality of it to stop people
> buying this product, as it's losing him money. If it's anyone who hates
> losing money it's Sascha.
> --
> Ike Krull

Well actually it's not losing him money....it's just making money for
someone else.
rhino
--
Have some fire, Scarecrow...

gra...@ameritech.net

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

andrew wrote:

> Matthew Slater wrote:
> > How do you know how much Sascha is sayig is true though. I mean that he
> > will be probably over exagerrating the quality of it to stop people
> > buying this product, as it's losing him money. If it's anyone who hates
> > losing money it's Sascha.
>
> How do you come to the conculsion that he's just interested in his
> money, instead of the $25 his fans would waste on that piece of junk?

Think about it...If someone was making money from your hard work, and
you did not approve of it, wouldn't you try to stop them? In my opinion,
if Sascha was getting a cut of the profits from Operation KMFDM, he
would not be so adamant in discouraging people to buy it. Of course, I
would consider that to be selling out if the quality was indeed that
poor, but that's a whole other discussion.
--

_ ) (( )) (
(@) /|\ ))_(( /|\ _
|-|`\ / | \ (/\|/\) / | \ (@)
| | ----------------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\------------------|-|
|-| '^` (o o) '^` | |
| | `\Y/' |-|
|-| Ebola Dragon gra...@ameritech.net | |
| | http://www.ameritech.net/users/graczyk/index.html |-|
|-| "Ebola...AIDS for the impatient" | |
| | |-|
|_|_____________________________________________________________| |
(@) l /\ / ( ( \ /\ l `\|-|
l / V \ \ V \ l (@)
l/ _) )_ \I
`\ /'

GenericCrp

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

End this silly thread right now. I own the disc. I've heard the disc.
It's just as fucking miserable as Sascha says it is.

Brandt

Generic Productions - "Where Assimilation Is A Way Of Life"
http://members.aol.com/GenericCrp/main.html
FearFeedsFear: "A hybrid of ambient/dub and experimental soundscapes."
http://members.aol.com/KHULDT/fff.html

E-mail: Gener...@aol.com

Andrew Abbas

Jun 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/12/97

GenericCrp wrote:

We kinda agreed on that. We were discussing something else.

Marc42

Jun 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/13/97

On 12 Jun 1997 23:56:01 GMT, gener...@aol.com (GenericCrp) wrote:

>End this silly thread right now. I own the disc. I've heard the disc.
>It's just as fucking miserable as Sascha says it is.

Please stop posting things that assume you are the center of the
universe.

I own the disc. I've heard the disc. It sounds like shit. But I like
it anyway. I'm sure other people like it too. You are perfectly free
to not like it. (In fact, why haven't you sold yours off if it's so
miserable?) But don't think you can jump into a conversation and stop
it just because you think you have all the answers.

At least you changed your screen name...I was so sick of seeing that
pathetic "WaxTrax!@moron.com"

;p
Marc

The keys to Marc42's Gate are here again
http://www.azaccess.com/~marc42
"Let's face it...there's nothing more fun than
shaving...and there's nothing more ironic than
shaving a baby...and if there's one thing kids
love, it's irony!"
- Johnny Bluejeans & The former Mrs Laupan
E-Mail: mar...@azaccess.com

GenericCrp

Jun 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/20/97

> Please stop posting things that assume you are the center of the
> universe.

Can you please tell me exactly where in my post I indicated that I was the
center of the universe?

> I own the disc. I've heard the disc. It sounds like shit. But I like
> it anyway. I'm sure other people like it too. You are perfectly free
> to not like it. (In fact, why haven't you sold yours off if it's so
> miserable?) But don't think you can jump into a conversation and stop
> it just because you think you have all the answers.

Hmmm Marc... it looks like you read my response before even bothering to
read the rest of the thead. My post was in response to somebody's comment
that basically said, "Well Sascha is probably lying about how bad the disc
is just because he's losing money on it." I wasn't telling anybody
whether they should "like" the disc or not; frankly, I don't care who
likes the disc. I was telling them that Sascha was right in his
evaluation in the overall quality of the disc, and that he wasn't just
lying about it for financial motives.

You should be ashamed Marc that your reading evaluation level is
approximately that of a fifth grader.

Marc42

Jun 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/20/97

On 20 Jun 1997 18:49:15 GMT, gener...@aol.com (GenericCrp) wrote:

>> Please stop posting things that assume you are the center of the
>> universe.
>
>Can you please tell me exactly where in my post I indicated that I was the
>center of the universe?

You said something along the lines of "End this discussion...I've
heard it, it sounds like shit."

The discussion I was having in this thread concerned whether or not
the disc was worth owning. (I personally feel that it is worth
owning.) Since every other post I had read was on the same topic, I
assumed that was what you were talking about. You have to admit...that
would have been pretty rude and self-centered had that been the case.

>Hmmm Marc... it looks like you read my response before even bothering to
>read the rest of the thead. My post was in response to somebody's comment
>that basically said, "Well Sascha is probably lying about how bad the disc
>is just because he's losing money on it." I wasn't telling anybody
>whether they should "like" the disc or not; frankly, I don't care who
>likes the disc. I was telling them that Sascha was right in his
>evaluation in the overall quality of the disc, and that he wasn't just
>lying about it for financial motives.

Well, if you had QUOTED what you were responding to we could have
avoided this whole ugly mess. It seems like I've had plenty other
pointless arguments with you for the same reason. (BTW, I've been
reading this thread since the beginning, but I never saw the post you
were responding to.)

I apologize for jumping all over you in this particular case. I
believe that flameing should be done on a post-by-post basis. I stand
by the other 5 or 10 flames I sent your way last week, but in this
case you are right.

But really...START QUOTING! It will make things easier for all of us.

cr...@cyberhighway.net

Jun 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/22/97

I posted the original message selling the "Operation KMFDM" CD. I
wasn't hoping to piss anybody off, or start the worlds longest thread
ever. I was just wondering if somebody wanted to buy it, I have
owned it for a while and I didn't really want it anymore. I know it
is not the best boot in the world, but Christ, it's not that bad. I
am just a little sick of all of the letters stating "This guy is
trying to rip you off, don't buy it" I am a long time KMFDM fan, and
I am not trying to rip anybody off. If you don't want it, you don't
have to buy it, if you do want it, I still have it, but I am only
selling my copy of it, I didn't make the damn thing.

Crank

Marc42

Jun 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/23/97

He's right folks. If you are a rabid fan, you won't be disappointed.
Sounds like crap, but still a fun disc. And if you buy it used, you
wont be supporting the bootleggers.

And you can have a lot of fun trying to figure out where they got the
wrong song titles from. I can understand how "Blitzkreig" might be
titled "Leather Clad Warrior". But where on earth did they get the
title "Noreen" for "En Esch"?

I think I did slam you at first for asking $25. You can get it new for
less than that.