Clubz - age and attitude

Oktal

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
Derrick Abadi wrote in message <899954492.490495@michelob>...

>Am i wrong to say that there's alot of fukin bad fukin vibes in jungle
>rooms these days

I think so, as far as I can see the atmospheres improved loads over the past
three years, depends upon where you are...

>we aint in Manchester or Bristol.

...so where are "we"?

>I say they lose the act and chill out a bit.

Yeah, fair point, but by the same token people have got to be allowed to
brock out a bit, I mean, for some that's the whole point!

...and about this over 21's business - fuck dat! Half the artists, DJ's and
MC's on the scene would barely qualify to get into your club! Would you of
turned Dillinja and Jay Majik down at the door last year? Get some
hard-as-fuck bouncers, who are capable of handling 18-21 year olds! I'm
neatly over 21 but I would've been some fucked off if I got refused
admission a couple of years back! As for breakers, put a sign up, "NO
BREAKIN'", if it bothers you that much - if anyone does, get the bouncers to
chuck 'em out. There are "posers and lamers" in all age groups, it's not a
21 and under club! I can't see how 21 year olds appreciate drum'n'bass any
less than 20 year olds (or whoever else 4 that matter). Small club? If it
keeps packin', get a bigger venue or put the door tax up!

Nodz.
da...@oktal.demon.co.uk

Alberich

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
In article <899986941.12171.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, "Oktal"
<da...@oktal.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> ...and about this over 21's business - fuck dat! Half the artists, DJ's and
> MC's on the scene would barely qualify to get into your club! Would you of
> turned Dillinja and Jay Majik down at the door last year? Get some
> hard-as-fuck bouncers, who are capable of handling 18-21 year olds! I'm
> neatly over 21 but I would've been some fucked off if I got refused
> admission a couple of years back! As for breakers, put a sign up, "NO
> BREAKIN'", if it bothers you that much - if anyone does, get the bouncers to
> chuck 'em out. There are "posers and lamers" in all age groups, it's not a
> 21 and under club! I can't see how 21 year olds appreciate drum'n'bass any
> less than 20 year olds (or whoever else 4 that matter). Small club? If it
> keeps packin', get a bigger venue or put the door tax up!
>
> Nodz.
> da...@oktal.demon.co.uk

Well that 21 and over business is mostly NYC club regulations. You've got
to remember how it is here. Mayor Giuliani seems bent on turning NYC into a
police state. Very few clubs in NYC allowed under 21. There is a bouncer at
the club but the point is we don't want to have to deal with that. We don't
want to have to deal breaking up fights!! The breakers are no longer a
problem. The people that come to this party ,they are alll regulars know
what the deal is. You are right there are posers and lamers in all age
group that wasn't directed to the under 21 people only but mostly to the
old bunch that back in the days used to disss this music and now are trying
to jump in the bandwagon. I din't mean to imply that only those over 21
appreciate jungle better, actually probably the contrary is true. Many
older people can not get into jungle cause they are already to set in their
musical taste and can't open their mind enough to accept something new and
unique like this music. About getting a bigger club. The scene is not that
big in NYC to support one of the bigger clubs but even if it was you got to
understand how hard it is to get any clubs here in NYC. There a somany
people trying to get nights that the competition is ridiculous and for
jungle, no way those big clubs would never go for it. The biggest club here
Twilo tried having a monthly party. It was called Planet V with Jumping
Jack Frost, Bryan Gee, Krust and other UK Djs but after 6 months they were
not happy with the turn out and are only doing it every 2 months now. So as
you can see our small club gets packed but if we were to move to a bigger
one it would no be even half full and clubs manager don't want to hear
that.

SpecialtyQ

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
I have to agree on the fact that over 21 and over 18 too indeed suck. I'm not
yet 18, and it's a real pain in the ass. I mean, the whole thing just sucks for
me. I understand some of the reasons why it's done, but still! i am simply
supposed to survive on mixed cds and sitting home while everyone a few years
older than me goes out and dances all night? i'm not obnoxious, i have much
less attitude than most people in clubs. i just don't get it.

-sq

Walliwagon

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
> we did not make it so the
>govertment did.

The government in America is you and me.
That attitude you display means you make it so.

-walley
vote protest raise hell

abadid...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2014, 12:02:25 AM3/10/14