BBC FILM - IMAGINE...

Elmo' 7#9

Nov 1, 2013, 9:59:08 AM11/1/13
Learned a lot from this.

1) Janie is Jimi's Sister. No "half" about it.

2) Leon was Jimi's childhood Imaginary Friend - that's why he's not in any
photos and is too embarassing to mention.

3) jimi joined the Army to "improve himself".
Not, as many evil biographers have suggested, to avoid jail time for
joyriding.

4) Jimi got an Honourable Discharge for an ankle injury.
Charles Cross has obviously faked those documents that show his discharge
for Acting the Poof and
and having "...no interest in the Army".

5) Jimi took the same drugs as the hippies "...in order to penetrate the
counterculture",
presumably choking them down reluctantly while praying that God would
forgive him.

6) Jimi spent most of his last year productively, laying down tracks that
would cement his legacy - in the supernatural knowledge that he didn't have
long to live.
The 150-plus "Funk Jams in E" that are present on the 1970 bootlegs are
obviously an Experience Hendrix disinformation exercise, so that they can
continue to cherry-pick new releases from the mountains of Audio Gold in
their vaults.

albert hall

Nov 2, 2013, 10:09:58 AM11/2/13
On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 13:59:08 -0000, "Elmo' 7#9"
<SNI...@DEERINTHETRAFFIC.COM> wrote:

>Learned a lot from this.

Haven't had time to watch it yet, but looking forward to seeing it this
weekend. It's on BBC iPlayer until Dec 17th for folks who can get it.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/p7jjokz

>5) Jimi took the same drugs as the hippies "...in order to penetrate the
>counterculture",

Yep, I bet that's exactly what he was thinking when "eleven moons played
across the rainbows above me and you" -- wow these hippie drugs sure are
helping me to penetrate the counter-culture!

Elmo' 7#9

Nov 2, 2013, 8:30:14 PM11/2/13
Putting criticisms of objectivity aside - it IS an enjoyable 90 minutes.
Most of the principal characters get some screen time
(and none of them will be giving interviews in the future...).

"albert hall" <alb...@squaresville.org> w, it IS awe;;-shotrote in message