Re: Is Ian Anderson a Pagan?

chrisdr...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 7:39:10 PM10/26/17
On Friday, September 4, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Richard L. Robey wrote:
> This is Just a loving question from an another
> earth loving Heathen. I just was wondering if
> anyone else on this news group, gets same feeling
> out of the lyrics of Ian Anderson as I do. Has Ian
> ever claimed to be a Pagan?

He is very broad-minded and impossible to categorize. He blends Celtic folk music into his eclectic mix of styles, and he does have a number of songs that are very pagan oriented. Also the wild-eyed paganistic image is big part of his stage persona. He has also put out a vast amount of other songs which indicate other perspectives. In interviews he has said that he is somewhere between a deist and a pantheist, more on the Eastern side. Anyone who is into all this deep stuff would do well to explore all the music of Jethro Tull, as it contains a wealth of insights.