Tull on Zep/Is Plant capable of getting along with any singer?eheheee

Darrin

May 16, 2010, 5:39:12 PM5/16/10
Long before the Coverdale feud, there was Ian Anderson of Jethro
Tull!! eh Here's an excerpt from The Anderson Interview, ala Aqualung
Remastered:

IAN ANDERSON: "The album was recorded not far from here....in then
newly opened studios of Island records....to whom we were still
affiliated through the Chrysalis distribution deal.....label
arrangement with Island..and both Led Zeppelin & Jethro Tull were in a
way the guniea pigs for the new studio...and being as I think I
recall..a converted church..Basing St...it had by the standards of
them...all the latest in technology and the latest in studio ideas.
Unfortunately many of them were wrong (laughter)...and the studio was
very, very difficult to work in. Both studios...both studio 1 & 2...I
think Zeppelin had maybe a slighty easier time...they were in a
smaller studio..I think downstairs..we were in a very big room
upstairs...most of the time...so it was a very difficult
album...technically to make... because we didn't know what we were
hearing...everything just sounded bad in the room...everything sounded
jarring and unpleasant.. And when it came to mastering the
record...alot of my confidence...out of the whole processs....it
really didn't sound to me like a good album..it still sounds in many
ways to me..frought with alot of modifications..."
INTERVIEWER: "So you had a larger studio than Led Zeppelin? Was it due
to a pecking order?" (snickering)
ANDERSON: "It had nothing to do with the pecking orders because we
would have been much more comfortable in the smaller room. We didn't
have it quite as bad...I think we did actually do some sessions in the
smaller room...which is why I am saying that...it had to do with
Zeppelin who took the place before we did....and got the more cozy
environment in the big studios. Larger part of the church had been
converted like that...it was really more orchestral size....it wasn't
really a rock group studio. Nothing like a cozy studios in those
days...you know, places that kind of had that...atmosphere...the Abbey
Road kind of anonymity of the more traditional orchestral big band
studio...."
INTERVIEWER: "What was Led Zep doing?"
ANDERSON: "I can't remember what it was....it was...Zeppeilin...we
already toured with Zeppelin in 1969..as a support band. Although we
all got well with Jimmy Page and Peter Grant the manager...and even
with John Bonham...who provided a generous amount of some of the hard
to handle moments (laughter) that he was capable of providing. For
some reason....probably entirely unimportant....lost in the midst of
time...Robert Plant and I never got on. With hindsight...whatever the
reason or reasons were..I am absolutely prepared to take the blame for
it. Because I do recall...what I thought was in good spirit...making
some not badly intended comment in Melody Maker. Saying: "with my
lyrics and Led Zeppelin's music (laughter)..we could be a pretty good
little rock 'n' roll band (laughter)." Something like that.
Stupidly...you know... heavy-handed about that...not remembering of
course that Robert Plant actually wrote the lyrics. The one thought at
that time was that Zep was being kind of a blues-based band. Most of
his music and alot of the lyrics from early-on were not lyric-
writing...so much as taking ideas that were traditional in White
middle-class reworkings of Willie Dixon repertoire. It didn't seem to
be as I was saying anything particularly hurtful....because I probably
wasn't recognizing things...the other anthemic contributions of the
world at that time...like Stairway to Heaven...which like Aqualung, is
still Sunday morning fare on Classic Rock stations throughout North
America..."

My comments: Anderson was right on the $$$! I've always said that Zep
was far stronger musically than lyrically. Particularly when you
consider that half of their discography is comprised of remakes.
Compare Zep's lyrical prolificacy with Tull, let alone Dylan or George
& Ira Gershwin! LOL! Yes, I intentionally omitted The Beatles,
because like Zep, they too were musically superior to lyrical content.
Some of early Fab was enjoyable, yet Godawful. Do the math: "I Wanna
Hold Your Hand!" vs. "Like A Rolling Stone" by Dylan! LOL!

Question now begs: why is Plant so sensitive to constructive criticism?
ehe Even when artists (see Whitesnake) pay homage to Zep, he still
gets all bent out of shape?eh If Page and the rest were able to
befriend Ian Anderson, why couldn't he? Why must Plant hold life-long
grudges against fellow musicians?

viper

May 21, 2010, 12:25:40 AM5/21/10

"Raja, The Great" <zepf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ian Anderson has a voice of a donkey. He has no right to make fun of
the Robert "God-voice" Plant.

And Plant delivered the lyrics of a 10 year old. Anderson is probably the
most
thoughtful and intelligent front man in the history of rock.

As for Plant's voice, you've obviously never seen him live, there'd be at
least four notes a song he can't hit

Viper

Leeann Taberman

May 21, 2010, 9:43:06 AM5/21/10
On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:25:40 +1000, viper wrote:

> And Plant delivered the lyrics of a 10 year old. Anderson is probably the
> most
> thoughtful and intelligent front man in the history of rock.
>
> As for Plant's voice, you've obviously never seen him live, there'd be at
> least four notes a song he can't hit
>
> Viper

I'll suck his codpiece any day!

LeeAnn
Prez Pro-Tem "The Codpiece Club"

Darrin

May 21, 2010, 10:56:31 PM5/21/10
On May 20, 10:53 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 16, 4:39 pm, Darrin <darrin...@aol.com> wrote:
>> > INTERVIEWER: "What was Led Zep doing?"
> > ANDERSON: "I can't remember what it was....it was...Zeppeilin...we> > already toured with Zeppelin in 1969..as a support band. Although we> > all got well with Jimmy Page and Peter Grant the manager...and even
> > with John Bonham...who provided a generous amount of some of the hard> > to handle moments (laughter) that he was capable of providing. For> > some reason....probably entirely unimportant....lost in the midst of> > time...Robert Plant and I never got on. With hindsight...whatever the> > reason or reasons were..I am absolutely prepared to take the blame for> > it. Because I do recall...what I thought was in good spirit...making
> > some not badly intended comment in Melody Maker. Saying: "with my> > lyrics and Led Zeppelin's music (laughter)..we could be a pretty good> > little rock 'n' roll band (laughter)." Something like that.> > Stupidly...you know... heavy-handed about that...not remembering of
> > course that Robert Plant actually wrote the lyrics. The one thought at> > that time was that Zep was being kind of a blues-based band. Most of> > his music and alot of the lyrics from early-on were not lyric-> > writing...so much as taking ideas that were traditional in White
> > middle-class reworkings of Willie Dixon repertoire. It didn't seem to> > be as I was saying anything particularly hurtful....because I probably> > wasn't recognizing things...the other anthemic contributions of the> > world at that time...like Stairway to Heaven...which like Aqualung, is> > still Sunday morning fare on Classic Rock stations throughout North> > America..."

> > My comments: Anderson was right on the $$$! I've always said that Zep> > was far stronger musically than lyrically. Particularly when you> > consider that half of their discography is comprised of remakes.> > Compare Zep's lyrical prolificacy with Tull, let alone Dylan or George
> > & Ira Gershwin! LOL!  Yes, I intentionally omitted The Beatles,> > because like Zep, they too were musically superior to lyrical content.> > Some of early Fab was enjoyable, yet Godawful. Do the math: "I Wanna
> > Hold Your Hand!" vs. "Like A Rolling Stone" by Dylan! LOL!>

> > Question now begs: why is Plant so sensitive to constructive criticism?> > ehe Even when artists (see Whitesnake) pay homage to Zep, he still> > gets all bent out of shape?eh If Page and the rest were able to
> > befriend Ian Anderson, why couldn't he? Why must Plant hold life-long> > grudges against fellow musicians?>

> Ian Anderson has a voice of a donkey. He has no right to make fun of> the Robert "God-voice" Plant.>>

As much as I adore Zep, Plant is still no Freddie Mercury!ehe And
while Plant (along with Rob Halford) is credited with creating the
"Heavy Metal wail," he has too whiney a voice. Particularly in the
here and now!! Personally, I tend to stick to the radio-friendly Tull
hits. I can barely tolerate their lesser-known tunes! eh Zep I can
listen to from studio beginning to end: Led Zep I to Coda!

Darrin

May 21, 2010, 11:02:32 PM5/21/10
On May 21, 9:43 am, Leeann Taberman <leeann...@Use-Author-Supplied-

Uncircumcised? Eww! LOL! As a metrosexual who also knows when men look
good (ehe), Plant was an Adonis in his day! Bare-chested mane, goldy
locks, bulging shmeckle and all! eh BTW, in comparison to The Stones,
Zep wasn't a half bad-looking bunch of blokes! ehe

Lizard Mahaney

May 22, 2010, 11:31:33 AM5/22/10
On Fri, 21 May 2010 20:02:32 -0700 (PDT), Darrin wrote:

> On May 21, 9:43�am, Leeann Taberman <leeann...@Use-Author-Supplied-
> Address.invalid> wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:25:40 +1000, viper wrote:
>
>>> And Plant delivered the lyrics of a 10 year old. Anderson is probably the> > most> > thoughtful and intelligent front man in the history of rock.>
>
>>> As for Plant's voice, you've obviously never seen him live, there'd be at> > least four notes a song he can't hit> > Viper>
>
>> I'll suck his codpiece any day!>>
>>>LeeAnn> Prez Pro-Tem "The Codpiece Club"
>
> Uncircumcised?

Grow a pair and cut that limp assed shit off then.
--
i smell retardation on the wind... honestly who had that fucking
idea... firing a nuke from an artillery piece or a tank is one

Darrin

May 23, 2010, 4:47:03 PM5/23/10
On May 22, 11:31 am, Lizard Mahaney <liz.maha...@Use-Author-Supplied-

Address.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010 20:02:32 -0700 (PDT), Darrin wrote:
> > On May 21, 9:43 am, Leeann Taberman <leeann...@Use-Author-Supplied-
> > Address.invalid> wrote:

> >> I'll suck his codpiece any day!>>
>
> > Uncircumcised?>

> Grow a pair and cut that limp assed shit off then.

Yeah, you tell those Heathens!ehehe Personally, been there, done that:
circumcised on the 8th day of life!ehe Have never looked back since!
LOL!

za kAT

May 24, 2010, 4:17:57 PM5/24/10

Circumsized dickskin = gay chewing gum.
--
za...@pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!

Grinner

Aug 2, 2010, 6:35:35 AM8/2/10

"Darrin" <darr...@aol.com> wrote in message
wasn't page going to turf plant because he hadn't done much lyrically up
until LZIII. Plant still suffers a lot with pissing contest syndrome in
EVERY comment i've ever heard him make about ANY band you'd care to mention,
inclusing TRHCP, janes addicton ... yet the patheitrc old cunt still won't
take LZ back on the road, lest his voice be scrutinized.
i9n rebuttal to anderson, plant came up with "ian anderson writes lyrics
l.ike a brickies labourer". almost as piss poor as page's creativity levels
over the last 30 post years.
"the older get the better i was"

Darrin

Aug 18, 2010, 9:24:04 PM8/18/10
On Aug 2, 6:35 am, "Grinner" <Grin...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> "Darrin" <darrin...@aol.com> wrote in message
> "the older  get the better i was"- Hide quoted text -

Plant suffers from The Johnny Carson Syndrome. He believes that he
pioneered his own niche in pop culture, thus having a holier than thou
attitude. IOW, all those who have come after me must now bow down!

Darrin

Aug 18, 2010, 9:26:38 PM8/18/10
On Sun, 23 May 2010 13:47:03 -0700 (PDT), Darrin wrote:
> On May 22, 11:31 am, Lizard Mahaney <liz.maha...@Use-Author-Supplied-
> Address.invalid> wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 May 2010 20:02:32 -0700 (PDT), Darrin wrote:

>>> Uncircumcised?>

>> Grow a pair and cut that limp assed shit off then.

> Yeah, you tell those Heathens!ehehe Personally, been there, done that:
> circumcised on the 8th day of life!ehe Have never looked back since!
> LOL!

<<Circumsized dickskin = gay chewing gum.>>

LOL! Don't forget, it also comes in four different colors: Gayola
Grey, Yeastie Yellow, Butthole Brown & Orangegasm!eheheheee

Raja, The Great

May 20, 2010, 10:53:27 PM5/20/10