yeah: 11/11 getUP and AT THE DRIVE IN

D. de los Muertos

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
ok, before i pass into blissful sleep...

waht a great night. the get-up kids, at the drive in and soem other band
played tonight.

i think this will go down as one of those
experiences-i-wish-icould-have-appreciated-at-the-time, because sicne
the club was so damned pakced (but non-violent, good job andy and donny)
i could hardly see at the drive in, b ut tghe music was great. so was
the openming band. i couldn't stick around for the get-up kids, partly
because of the difficulty standing, but also because andy mentioned to
the crowd outside that wans't being let in, that cat power was playing
next ddor. now, with all the rumors, i've heard about chan/(shawn)
marshall not playign scheduled appearndeces, i wanted to check it out.
so i heard a couple of hr songs, and was still impressed by her voice.
she's something.
the next time i get the opportunity to see the getup kids and atthe
drive in sober, i'll amke sure to do so. but i was still impressed,
especially by the atthedrivein's singer who really got into it, even if
he looked a bit like the singer from rage againsdt the machine. it was
funny, i heard the poepl outsiode hwo didnt get in bitcvhing about how
much one of the bands was making for doing the show. asi if that makes a
difference in the quakity of music! glad i had my earplugs tho. just
stepping into the club had my ears ringing soon. watch out foir tinnitus
folks.

ahnway, good show, and if they come to atown near you, check them out.
out.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Toll Booth Willie

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
>ok, before i pass into blissful sleep...
>
>waht a great night. the get-up kids, at the drive in and soem other band
>played tonight.

The Get Up Kids have a tourbus, right? Tour Bus = chick magnet.

Suzie Q. Doe

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
somebody else said stuf about at the drive in.. who was that? now I wanna see
em.. anybody got a list of tour dates?
(phil)

#$!%
"we all are Jesus Freaks we all love [the] Jesus [lizard]."-
Javier...@webtv.net
http://members.tripod.com/~jesuslizard/

Carl Ausfahl

Nov 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/13/99

i'll amke sure to do so. but i was still impressed,
> especially by the atthedrivein's singer who really got into it, even if
> he looked a bit like the singer from rage againsdt the machine. it was
> funny, i heard the poepl outsiode hwo didnt get in bitcvhing about how
> much one of the bands was making for doing the show. asi if that makes a
> difference in the quakity of music! glad i had my earplugs tho. just
> stepping into the club had my ears ringing soon. watch out foir tinnitus

I'm sorry......................................what???!!!!!

Stay off the drugs son.

josh

Dragonlady Records

Nov 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/14/99
it's cos the "kids" are making a "bunch" and the drive in aren't...i know
numbers, but i won't share, let's just say that the really good band is making
a lot less than what the not really that good band is making. and btw, tour
bus does not=chix, but big fucked up fros do.

Nuplastikk

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
>it's cos the "kids" are making a "bunch" and the drive in aren't...i know
>numbers, but i won't share, let's just say that the really good band is
>making
>a lot less than what the not really that good band is making

allright...lets cut the bullshit outta here...i dont wanna hear about any
goddamn emo groups...emo...that name....aol spawned trash if you ask me...i
mean...the get up kids....geez...why dont we discuss those hot licks in the
creed song..."can you take me higher".... if only duane had practiced a little
harder....

Toll Booth Willie

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
...why dont we discuss those hot licks in the
>creed song..."can you take me higher".... if only duane had practiced a
little
>harder....

Maybe you can IM em and see if he could do it.

Chris Rinewalt

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99

anytime I try I get the message 'User DPDenison does not care whether
you live or die.'

"Whoa, you got some fucked up friends. The shit that came outta that
woman's mouth..."
--
"Me and DFG have special love, the kind which dares not speak it's name.
You wouldn't understand, would you?" -Duane Paul Denison