INXS denies firing JD Fortune

rare...@my-deja.com

Feb 25, 2009, 1:02:33 AM2/25/09
A spokesperson for INXS denies JD Fortune's claim that he was fired
from the band. Here is the UPI story:

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2009/02/24/UPI_NewsTrack_Entertainment_News/UPI-66451235502000/

INXS denies firing Fortune

SYDNEY, Feb. 24 (UPI) -- INXS says it was shocked to hear its most
recent lead singer, J.D. Fortune, claim he is living in his truck
after the Australian rock band fired him.

Fortune, who is working on a solo album called "Death of a
Motivational Speaker," has said he is broke now that the band let him
go without warning at a Hong Kong airport, following a world tour.
Fortune won "Rock Star: INXS," a TV reality show created to find a
replacement for the group's lead singer Michael Hutchence, who died in
1997. Fortune collaborated with the band on one album in 2005 and
toured with INXS for more than two years afterward.

"Not only are we shocked by the claims, even the place the supposed
incident was to have taken place is a mystery," said a statement
issued by the group to the BBC.

INXS' creative director and global business strategist, C.M. Murphy,
said the band was "horrified" by Fortune's allegations.

"The band have always stated to me that Fortune's services could
potentially be contracted again when INXS next tour," Murphy told the
BBC. "In fact, he was next on my list to call regarding a very big
recording project I am putting together for INXS at present. I guess I
have no reason to call him now."