Blake Babies, Bomb interviews

Jason Gross

Oct 4, 2021, 5:58:58 PM10/4/21
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index1021.html>, you'll find (among other things):

BLAKE BABIES
Interview- jangly 80's alt-rock by Pete Crigler
"Blake Babies were one of the last major indie bands to make their name known in a pre-Nirvana world. The trio of John Strohm, Freda Love, and Juliana Hatfield made a few amazing records before breaking up at the height of their success so Hatfield could begin her solo career. Strohm and Love went on to start Antenna before going their separate ways. Briefly reemerging in 2001 with a critically acclaimed reunion album, the Blake Babies were able to pick up where they left off. Strohm has continued on a musically adventurous solo career and eventually moved to the other side of the music business to become president of the prestigious Rounder Records."

BOMB
Interview- San Fran arty punks by Pete Crigler
"Michael W. Dean is definitely a man of many facets. Beginning in Charlottesville, VA with the punk band Baby Opaque, he soon shifted gears with the Bay Area based influential band Bomb. When that band broke up, he found himself a successful author, podcaster, filmmaker and more. He was also one of the first musicians I ever interviewed way back in college. With his new project BipTunia and an amazing reissue of Bomb's Hits of Acid, I got in touch with my old friend to get a definitive look at his amazing and D.I.Y. career."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5dS3KqGzoF6itf0N5eVazw?si=09ca1dac5e01455e>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason