Name Your Favorite Bass Player of All Time

1 view

Nelson Wells

Aug 9, 2020, 4:48:57 PM8/9/20
10 years ago someone on here posted this question. I now pose it to you in 2020. the year from Hades.

Name your favorite bass player and give three reasons why.
Mine is obvious once you begin reading.
My answer:
John Deacon - Queen - Reason #1. coz Bohemian Rhapsody
(But How do you choose 1 greatest or one favorite?)
Kim Deal - Pixies
Colin Greenwood - Radiohead
John Entwistle - The Who
Alex James - Blur
Lou Barlow - Sebadoh
John Paul Jones - Led Zeppelin - I mean, The Song Remains the Same alone. I guess I can't leave out
Paul McCartney
However,
So many great John Deacon lines to not make him tops i suppose:
Reason #2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk
Queen, David Bowie Under Pressure... not the most technical, but the most smiles per measure.. for me.

Reason #3. Deacon composed so many classic songs for Queen—including Top 10 hits "You're My Best Friend", "Another One Bites the Dust", and of course he co-wrote "Under Pressure"/

Reason #4. Anyone who can seamlessly keep up with the amazing Brian May is truly a rare talent.

You ma list up to 3 if you must. :)
- Nelson Wells, team Clermont, Athens, Georgia
http://teamclermont.com
http://twitter.com/clermont1
http://nelson-wells.com