Flex your head

ANDREW FRANCIS

Jul 25, 1994, 8:17:53 PM7/25/94
flex your head
what the hell does that mean?
I've seen or heard it on a fair number of albums and songs and I can make my
guesses, ie basically it means 'think' I just wondered what it really is.
BTW in the minor threat song I2XU is it
I two X you
12 X U
1 2 X U
I too Cross you
or what? or doesn't it mean anything?

Hail to the ignorant may they all disappear

M.Schmeil

Jul 26, 1994, 7:46:02 AM7/26/94
ohohohohoh - first of all 1 2 X U is a WIRE song and minor
threat were just one of the million bands who covered this classic.
it has been released in fall 77 on 7" (mannequin) and lp (pink flag)
and you should own the lp cuz it's 21 songs in 29 minutes (remember
not in 81 but 77)!!!!!!!

then 12XU simply means WANTO X YOU and i bet the X is for FUCK
(the lyrics aren't more than: saw you in a mag kissing a man,
so want to fuck you makes sense).

by the way: on this album are other classic pop and punk tunes
for example mr. suit which is the only song done by new bomb turks
that i like.

i highly recommend this album and their 78 chairs missing which
is very different (poppier, wavier, but great also very depressing).

lots of bands were influenced by (early) wire, for example MINUTEMEN
who took the idea of one little idea == one little tune == one song
below a minute.

if there are any DIE HARD WIRE FANS (wire before their first broke up)
out there get in touch with me, i have a VERY huge collection worth
about $3000 with lots of rare stuff.

- tB!

Kevin McCulloch

Jul 26, 1994, 10:16:53 AM7/26/94
In article <ajfra1.24...@CFS02.cc.monash.edu.au>,
ajf...@CFS02.cc.monash.edu.au (ANDREW FRANCIS) wrote:

Don't know about flex your head, but 12XU was originally a song by Wire,
from their first album. I read in a book somewhere that it means "1, 2,
fuck you," although I never really understood why X means fuck, or what the
song is supposed to be about.

Kevin McCulloch
pmcc...@haverford.edu

JohnPaul Golaski

Jul 26, 1994, 7:58:52 PM7/26/94

12XU is and old wire song that minor threat covered.
it's funny, i've seen kids with "12XU" written on their clothes;
if you ask em why they say "it's a song by this band minor threat, duh"
or "it's a straight-edge thing by this band that started straight-edge"
(well i guess we ignore teen idols now)

-johnpaul

RICHARD AVER

Jul 27, 1994, 2:12:24 AM7/27/94
In article <3147vs$l...@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu> st92...@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (JohnPaul Golaski) writes:

>12XU is and old wire song that minor threat covered.

does the wire version have "flex your head" at the end of it. Just wondering
cos the spermbirds cover has it there so is it a cover of a minor threat
cover of a wire song or of the wire song itself?

Automated Chicken Factory

Lil Two Straws

May 23, 2021, 10:45:11 PM5/23/21
god damn ya'll are from 1994