The GenderBender Game

LadyJilian

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
let's all play Spot That Sexual Preference!!!! this has always been one of my
favorite celeb gossips!

my lists:

Probably Straight

Rob Zombie
Noel Gallagher
Liam Gallagher
Kurt Cobain*
Jonathan Davis (and the rest of Korn)
Courtney Love
Jerry Cantrell
Chris Cornell
Kim Thayil
Kim Gordon
Jack Irons

Probably Bi

Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)
Layne Staley
Thurston Moore
Eddie Vedder** (and Mike McCready, the rest of PJ i can't ever make a judgement
on)
Marilyn Manson (yeah, the whole band)

Definitely Gay/Lesbian

Patty Schemel (did i spell it right??)

<sigh> this isn't a very good list, but i'm having one of *those* days... i'll
sign off and i'll think of about 20 more, i just know it. anyway, i'm
interested in what other people think about this...

love,
jil
=-=-=-=-=
"dreams are the touchstones of our characters."

-thoreau

dust...@mindspring.com

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
LadyJilian wrote in message
<19981206184638...@ng-cf1.aol.com>...

>let's all play Spot That Sexual Preference!!!! this has always been one of
my
>favorite celeb gossips!
>
>my lists:
[snipped the straight list because it's not as much as fun as the bi/gay
ones]

>Probably Bi
>Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)
>Layne Staley
>Thurston Moore
>Eddie Vedder** (and Mike McCready, the rest of PJ i can't ever make a
judgement
>on)
>Marilyn Manson (yeah, the whole band)

Dave Navarro (?)
Perry Farrell (?)
Ani DiFranco
Pat Smear
Puff Daddy
Pete Townsend

>Definitely Gay/Lesbian

Rob Halford
George Michael
Joan Jett
Elton John
Queen Latifah

I've heard rumors that Paul Stanley and Gary Cherone are gay...dunno how
accurate they are

><sigh> this isn't a very good list, but i'm having one of *those* days...
i'll
>sign off and i'll think of about 20 more, i just know it. anyway, i'm
>interested in what other people think about this...

This list definitely goes in the FAQ...which I'll get around to writing one
of these days before the end of the millenium :P

Evelyn

Uncle Waltie

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
dust...@mindspring.com wrote:

> >Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>
> Rob Halford
> George Michael
> Joan Jett
> Elton John
> Queen Latifah

Melissa Etheridge
Melissa Ferrick
Boy George
Rufus Wainwright
Wendy & Lisa
members of Pansy Division
Phranc
Tom Robinson
Freddie Mercury
Michael Feinstein
RuPaul
Patty Larkin
kd lang
Indigo Girls
Andy Bell

There are more, but I, too, am having a massive brain fart.

-walt

--
Now Playing: Joni Mitchell - HITS

smo...@ihateads.com

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
In article <74f8ea$5cp$1...@camel29.mindspring.com>,
<dust...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> LadyJilian wrote in message
> <19981206184638...@ng-cf1.aol.com>...
> >let's all play Spot That Sexual Preference!!!! this has always been one of
> my
> >favorite celeb gossips!
> >
> >my lists:
> [snipped the straight list because it's not as much as fun as the bi/gay
> ones]
>
> >Probably Bi
> >Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)

I never have heard any rumors about any of R.E.M. except Stipe being Bi.
That doesn't mean they aren't, but I doubt it. They are all known for
being with quite a few women over the years (unlike Stipe who has only
been linked as more than a friend with a handful and many are doubtful
about most of them). I'm just very doubtful about Mike Mills (who seems to
be the one with the most notches on the bedpost, an ex-Nerd's revenge I
guess), Peter Buck and Bill Berry.

Emma Rebecca

--
To email me, delete "ihatespam.com" and substitute "ix.netcom.com" in the address above.

mslinda

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
black_d...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> > Joan Jett
>
> My ex-boss was backstage at a concert of Joan's in the 80's, pre-rehab and
> Joan was wasted and screaming, "Someone fuck me with a hairbrush!" Don't
> know if that means she's gay. Kim Fowley is always harping about all of the
> Runaways being "dykes," but if you've ever met Kim Fowley, you'll know that
> he's totally insane and paranoid. And lecherous.

I believe Joan "came out" a year or two ago. If you think being
backstage with her is bad, try riding in a limo with her *and* Rodney
Bingenheimer from WeHo to Long Beach in 1979 in the pouring rain.

Agree on Kim.

Linda C.

MCD LANCER

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
> ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) wrote:

>let's all play Spot That Sexual Preference!!!! this has always been one of
>my
>favorite celeb gossips!
>
>my lists:

>Probably Straight

>Rob Zombie
>Noel Gallagher
>Liam Gallagher
>Kurt Cobain*
>Jonathan Davis (and the rest of Korn)
>Courtney Love
>Jerry Cantrell
>Chris Cornell
>Kim Thayil
>Kim Gordon
>Jack Irons

Brucr Springsteen
Jon Bon Jovi
Richie Sambora
Sebastian Bach
Bret Michaels

>Probably Bi
>
>Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)

>Layne Staley
>Thurston Moore
>Eddie Vedder** (and Mike McCready, the rest of PJ i can't ever make a
>judgement
>on)
>Marilyn Manson (yeah, the whole band)

Dave Pirner
Johnny Rzezniak (Goo Goo Dolls)

>Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>
>Patty Schemel (did i spell it right??)

Rob Halford (Judas Priest, Fight)

><sigh> this isn't a very good list, but i'm having one of *those* days...
>i'll
>sign off and i'll think of about 20 more, i just know it. anyway, i'm
>interested in what other people think about this...

Happy Holidays,

Mary Beth
"There's a fine line between HOBBY and MENTAL ILLNESS"

~*~ Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat
you with experience. ~*~

black_d...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
<dust...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >Probably Bi
> >Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)

Definitely not Peter Buck

> >Thurston Moore

I really doubt it.

> >Marilyn Manson (yeah, the whole band)

I don't think so for Twiggy, because he was horrified at the thought of anal
sex the time my friend brought up the topic in front of him.

> Dave Navarro

Oh, probably.

> Pat Smear

Maybe bi, but I REALLY doubt it. Have you ever seen Robert Hecker (formerly
of Redd Kross)? Everyone thought he was gay because he acted like it, but he
really wasn't/isn't. Pat has had the same girlfriend for like, 15 years.
You can ask anyone, he's not gay. Think, Dennis Rodman: (not to compare
them, but) dresses like a woman, acts gay, but he really isn't.

> >Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>
> Rob Halford

Duh!

> George Michael

No, he's bi.

> Joan Jett

My ex-boss was backstage at a concert of Joan's in the 80's, pre-rehab and
Joan was wasted and screaming, "Someone fuck me with a hairbrush!" Don't
know if that means she's gay. Kim Fowley is always harping about all of the
Runaways being "dykes," but if you've ever met Kim Fowley, you'll know that
he's totally insane and paranoid. And lecherous.

> I've heard rumors that Paul Stanley [is] are gay...dunno how
> accurate they are

Okay, this story is really fuzzy, but Ken from the Posies told me that
someone he knew and it may have even been him,and God, I can't remember who
it was, but Paul Stanley kept flirting with him and the main flirtatious
maneuver was to stick his index finger in his mouth and pull it out slowly
and wink. God, I wish I could remember more, but Ken is gigging with R.E.M.
now, so there's no way he'd respond to an email these days....

black_d...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98

> >Probably Bi

Oh, I forgot! Another potential is Robin Zander. Again, Ken says that when
they had a photo shoot with Cheap Trick, Ken had to kneel down in front of
Robin to fit in the picture (so his head was at dick-level) and Robin kept
saying, "Ooh, Ken turn around!" etc., etc.

Longbourne

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98

Ooh, let me try!

>>Probably Straight
>>

>>Kurt Cobain*
>>Jonathan Davis (and the rest of Korn)
>>Courtney Love

>Brucr Springsteen
>Jon Bon Jovi
>Richie Sambora
>Sebastian Bach
>Bret Michaels

I'm not sure about Courtney, I think I've heard rumors about her and other
women. And Kurt Cobain struck me as likely to be bi. But perhaps it's more
like, he wanted people to just think that.

I'm gonna add Dave Grohl to the straight list.

>>Probably Bi
>>
>>Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)

>>Layne Staley
>>Thurston Moore
>>Eddie Vedder** (and Mike McCready, the rest of PJ i can't ever make a
>>judgement
>>on)

>>Marilyn Manson (yeah, the whole band)
>>

>Dave Pirner
>Johnny Rzezniak (Goo Goo Dolls)

Layne, really? Hmm, never would have guessed him. Or Thurston for that matter.
As for PJ, here's my well-thought out rundown : P--

Eddie--I've discussed this with friends many times (what can I say, it's a
topic of interest), and I really think that Ed is pretty much straight. I think
that everyone has bi tendencies to some extent, so Ed probably does, but for
example, I didn't sense a burning sexual tension in that pic of Ed kissing
Chris Cornell LOL. Though I wouldn't mind seeing it as a poster ; ). I think
the thing with Ed--and I wrote about this in the PJ newsgroup--is that he comes
off as possibly being bi because he's clearly able to understand women's POV in
his lyrics, and since he and his wife have been together forever, he never had
to be the hypermasculine rock stud. I think with Ed, working out his bi
tendencies=wearing nail polish. He has prettier nails than me, I'm so jealous.

Mike McCready has always struck me as asexual, Stone Gossard as
bi-leaning-towards-gay (no way in hell is he het), Jeff Ament as straight with
bi experience (he's engaged, not that that proves anything) and all the
drummers have been het.

I can't think of adding anyone to the gay list, unless no one mentioned
Josephine Wiggs from the Breeders?

Laura

Font of All Important Info

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On Sun, 06 Dec 1998 21:21:13 +0000, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
felt compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>black_d...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> > Joan Jett
>>
>> My ex-boss was backstage at a concert of Joan's in the 80's, pre-rehab and
>> Joan was wasted and screaming, "Someone fuck me with a hairbrush!" Don't
>> know if that means she's gay. Kim Fowley is always harping about all of the
>> Runaways being "dykes," but if you've ever met Kim Fowley, you'll know that
>> he's totally insane and paranoid. And lecherous.
>>

>I believe Joan "came out" a year or two ago.

she was actually "outed" by Rolling Stone, i think. all her fans know
she's a Leather Pride kinda gal, but she's never said so herself
(well, at least, not before that article was published) :)

--dez

....a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

Font of All Important Info

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On 6 Dec 1998 23:46:38 GMT, ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>let's all play Spot That Sexual Preference!!!! this has always been one of my
>favorite celeb gossips!

<snip>

>Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>
>Patty Schemel (did i spell it right??)

i hear Tommy Keene is gay.

as for Robin Zander probably being bi, he might be. he's been married
a few times, including to a Playboy centerfold (ha ha, i learned this
on the radio). i have picked up pings from him on my gaydar, though.

Melora

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98

>>>Probably Bi
>>>
>>>Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)

Unlikely on any of them but Stipe, although Bill Barry did say on
VH1 Behind the Music "When you travel around in a fan for five
years, you become very close."

>>>Eddie Vedder** (and Mike McCready, the rest of PJ i can't ever make a
>>>judgement

Eddie probably straight but he has no problem at all kissing other
guys. Stone Gossard, Mike McCready and Jeff Ament possibly bi.

Melora

smo...@ihateads.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
In article <74g4qc$j1o$1...@news.fsr.net>, "Melora" <mel...@moscow.com> wrote:

> Unlikely on any of them but Stipe, although Bill Barry did say on
> VH1 Behind the Music "When you travel around in a fan for five
> years, you become very close."

>(snip)
> Melora

Well that would depend then on whether the "fan" he travelled around in
was male or female, wouldn't it? <g>

Emma Rebecca (yes, I know you meant "van")

TupeloMiss

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
Linda C. writes:

<<I believe Joan "came out" a year or two ago. If you think being
backstage with her is bad, try riding in a limo with her *and* Rodney
Bingenheimer from WeHo to Long Beach in 1979 in the pouring rain.>>

I was backstage with Joanie in the mid-eighties; it must have been post-rehab
because she was a real doll. Yes, she did come out, as soon as it was hip. I
don't want to be ANYWHERE with Rodney Bingenheimer. His hair scares me!

Tupelo

http://members.aol.com/TupeloMiss

Gillian Hardy

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
Gillian stopped doing the Hustle and noticed that on Mon, 07 Dec 1998

03:31:17 GMT, black_d...@my-dejanews.com had been moved to write:

>> George Michael
>
>No, he's bi.

No, he's gay. He was interviewed by Michael Parkinson on Saturday and
said that at first he thought he was probably bi but once he fell in
love with a man he realised he was actually gay.

--
Gillian

*** A .sig? I can do that myself at home - all I need ***
*** is a computer, a keyboard and a small aubergine... ***

Font of All Important Info

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On 7 Dec 1998 13:41:42 GMT, tupel...@aol.com (TupeloMiss) felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>Linda C. writes:

his predilection for underage girls is what scares me! well, that and
his ugly mug...

--dez (he used to come to the Odyssey and "date" the 14-year-olds with
the fake IDs...ewwww)

EM Mertz

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
>> >Probably Bi

>Dave Navarro (?)

He claims he's straight, and since he's so gay-friendly, I believe him.

What about Adam Clayton, Anthony Kiedis and Flea?

em

black_d...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
In article <366AF5...@earthlink.net>,

msl...@earthlink.net wrote:
> black_d...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> >
> > > Joan Jett
> >
> > My ex-boss was backstage at a concert of Joan's in the 80's, pre-rehab and
> > Joan was wasted and screaming, "Someone fuck me with a hairbrush!" Don't
> > know if that means she's gay. Kim Fowley is always harping about all of the
> > Runaways being "dykes," but if you've ever met Kim Fowley, you'll know that
> > he's totally insane and paranoid. And lecherous.
> >
> I believe Joan "came out" a year or two ago. If you think being
> backstage with her is bad, try riding in a limo with her *and* Rodney
> Bingenheimer from WeHo to Long Beach in 1979 in the pouring rain.

My sympathies.

> Agree on Kim.

Yeah, and if you think THAT'S bad, try being trapped in Kim Fowley's apartment
while he performs an impromptu "fashion show" to display how he thinks Jeff
McDonald should dress!!!

LadyJilian

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
first of all, i'd like to say that i'm quite happy this thread isn't getting ay
of the expected "<famous musician>'s such a fucking fag!" responses. thanx to
all.

secondly, i apologize in advance for the horrendously long post

thirdly, a few explanations on the reasoning behind some of the
categorizations:

REM: the entire band has always pinged (to use Dez's cute and appropriate
verb) my gaydar, but since there were so many responses to the effect of
"everyone's straight but Stipey," i changed their categorization.

Metallica: they don't seem to be gay-bashers, and with the make-up from their
videos, i nearly created a "possibly bi" category just for them. then i, like
the chick i am, changed my mind.

Dave Navarro: he's bi. just trust me, he's bi.

RHCP: <pout> i can'y include Dave in this any more! anyway, Anthony has
always pinged my gaydar (and the mental pic of him and Dave is just *so* nice),
and Flea - i dunno.

Thurston Moore, Layne Staley, various PJ members: running purely on gaydar
intuition on these....

Kurt & Courtney: in her second cover interview for Vanity Fair, she addressed
the issue quite clearly with the phrase "where's the beef?!" and the
already-mentioned thing about Kurt and Stipey in the locked room.

Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell: yeah, i've seen the pic (adorable!), and i've
seen both with their wives. Eddie still sets the gaydar off, and Chris still
doesn't.

also, thank you to Laura for your **excellent** rundown of PJ sexuality!!
(although it did remind me of whoever's sig says "there's a thin line between
hobby and mental illness")

and i just have to add in this little RHCP story: i saw them with my best
friend Chrissy on their last tour (the postponed one), when the Toadies and
some one-hit-wonder opened for them. anyway, the Peppers hit the stage in
leather, and we're both drooling copiously, and about halfway through the set,
Chrissy turns to me and says "J, these guys aren't *normal*!" in this really
hushed voice, dead serious. i still laugh about it....

fourthly, here's the list as it stands so far:

Probably Straight

Rob Zombie
The Gallaghers
Kurt Cobain
Korn

Courtney Love
Jerry Cantrell
Chris Cornell
Kim Thayil
Kim Gordon
Jack Irons

Bruce Springsteen

Jon Bon Jovi
Richie Sambora
Sebastian Bach
Bret Michaels

Twiggy Ramirez
Peter Buck
Mike Mills
Eric Erlandson
Jewel
Mike Inez
Mike Starr
Sean Kinney
Metallica
Chad Smith

Probably Bi

Michael Stipe
Bill Barry
Layne Staley
Thurston Moore
Jeff Ament
Stone Gossard
Marilyn Manson (all but the Twigster)
Dave Navarro
Perry Farrell

Ani DiFranco
Pat Smear
Puff Daddy
Pete Townsend

Robin Zander
Dave Pirner
Johnny Rzezniak
Poe
Melissa Auf Der Maur (damn Hole! can't they have normal names??)
Anthony Kiedis
Eddie Vedder

Possibly Gay/Lesbian

Paul Stanley
Gary Cherone

Definitely Gay/Lesbian

Patty Schemel

Rob Halford
George Michael
Joan Jett
Elton John
Queen Latifah

Melissa Etheridge
Melissa Ferrick
Boy George
Rufus Wainwright
Wendy & Lisa

Pansy Division
Phranc
Tom Robinson
Freddie Mercury
Michael Feinstein
RuPaul
Patty Larkin
kd lang
Indigo Girls
Andy Bell

Josephine Wiggs
Tommy Keene

Who The Hell Knows?!

Mike McCready
Dave Grohl
Flea
U2

C_G...@mailexcite.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
I am going to put the rumors behind and tell you like it really is.

Stone Gossard is definitely not gay. He had a live in girlfriend named Donya.
And I saw Stone kiss his girlfriend at the Grammy's when they won.

Jeff Ament- He made this huge collage of naked women. And if you guys are
curious to see this collage watch the movie "Singles" in which Jeff is in it.
Somebody mentioned before that Jeff probably had bisexual experiences, I think
that might be true. When he first came to Seattle he mingled with people who
were drag queens. I think but I am not completely sure but in the early 90's
Jeff Ament was engaged. He is engaged now but I am not sure if it's the same
woman he was engaged to many years ago. Probably not.

Eddie Vedder- Eddie is probably straight but Eddie's biological father was
bisexual. Before Beth Eddie had a girlfriend named Liz Gumble in H.S. and
there was another girlfriend before Beth but no one seems to know her name.

Mike McCready- I think he is straight. He doesn't have a limp wrist or a
tongue roll.

Jack Irons- He is straighr. He has a wife and two kids.

Dave Abbruzee- He had a girlfriend but then broke up with her when he joined
pearl jam. He was also known as the biggest flirt with the girls when pearl
jam was touring in the early 90's.

And if you guys want to know who their girlfriends are their pics are featured
in Synergy and in the inside of the CD "Live on Two Legs"

Font of All Important Info

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On 7 Dec 1998 22:41:30 GMT, ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>first of all, i'd like to say that i'm quite happy this thread isn't getting ay

>of the expected "<famous musician>'s such a fucking fag!" responses. thanx to
>all.

fortunately, we have yet to attract that "level" of troll :)

<snip>

>Dave Navarro: he's bi. just trust me, he's bi.

i definitely believe that!

>RHCP: <pout> i can'y include Dave in this any more! anyway, Anthony has
>always pinged my gaydar (and the mental pic of him and Dave is just *so* nice),
>and Flea - i dunno.

Anthony strikes me as possibly being bi, but i have nothing to back
that up other than a feeling. Flea, however, does nothing for my
gaydar. i do believe he is gay-friendly.

<snip>

>and i just have to add in this little RHCP story: i saw them with my best
>friend Chrissy on their last tour (the postponed one), when the Toadies and
>some one-hit-wonder opened for them. anyway, the Peppers hit the stage in
>leather, and we're both drooling copiously, and about halfway through the set,
>Chrissy turns to me and says "J, these guys aren't *normal*!" in this really
>hushed voice, dead serious. i still laugh about it....

LOL! that's a good story :)

>fourthly, here's the list as it stands so far:
>

>Probably Straight

>Bruce Springsteen

i would say he was definitely straight. or are we going to hedge our
bets on straight people for the sake of gossip? ;)

>Probably Bi
>
>Michael Stipe
>Bill Barry

you mean Bill Berry? :) or is there another musician named Bill
Barry?

>Ani DiFranco

i thought Ani was lesbian?

>Melissa Auf Der Maur (damn Hole! can't they have normal names??)

hee hee hee!

>Possibly Gay/Lesbian
>
>Paul Stanley

YUCK!!

>Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>
>Melissa Ferrick

who she?

>Who The Hell Knows?!
>
>Mike McCready
>Dave Grohl
>Flea
>U2

i like this category! how about one like, "Who the Hell Cares?" i'd
move Paul Stanley into that category, ewwwwww!

--dez, some people should NEVER be seen without facepaint

Kristi Coulter

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 23:11:16 GMT, dez...@ix.netcom.com (Font of All
Important Info) wrote:

>>Ani DiFranco
>
>i thought Ani was lesbian?

She goes on the bi list--she married one of her (male) road crew
members last year.

Kristi, wanting to know more about this Tommy Keene being gay thing

mslinda

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
black_d...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <366AF5...@earthlink.net>,
> msl...@earthlink.net wrote:

> > > My ex-boss was backstage at a concert of Joan's in the 80's, pre-rehab and
> > > Joan was wasted and screaming, "Someone fuck me with a hairbrush!" Don't
> > > know if that means she's gay. Kim Fowley is always harping about all of the
> > > Runaways being "dykes," but if you've ever met Kim Fowley, you'll know that
> > > he's totally insane and paranoid. And lecherous.
> > >
> > I believe Joan "came out" a year or two ago. If you think being
> > backstage with her is bad, try riding in a limo with her *and* Rodney
> > Bingenheimer from WeHo to Long Beach in 1979 in the pouring rain.
>
> My sympathies.
> >
> > Agree on Kim.
> >
> Yeah, and if you think THAT'S bad, try being trapped in Kim Fowley's apartment
> while he performs an impromptu "fashion show" to display how he thinks Jeff
> McDonald should dress!!!

Acckkkkk! He didn't get *naked* did he? I don't even want to imagine his
scrawny bod, much less see it.

Linda C.

dust...@mindspring.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98

C_G...@mailexcite.com wrote in message <74hpte$haj$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>I am going to put the rumors behind and tell you like it really is.

Uh huh. And you know all this because...?

Evelyn

black_d...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
In article <19981207162355...@ng-fi1.aol.com>,

emm...@aol.com (EM Mertz) wrote:

> >Dave Navarro (?)
>
> He claims he's straight, and since he's so gay-friendly, I believe him.

Yeah, but what about the whole "Dave Navarro wanted to give me a blow job,"
story Marilyn Manson loves to tell everyone. Dave says, "If that's what he
wants to think, fine, but it didn't happen." Who knows?

black_d...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
In article <19981207174130...@ng116.aol.com>,
ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) wrote:

> and i just have to add in this little RHCP story:

Ooh, I have a good one, too. My friend Lippy went to see Rollins about, oh
10 years ago? and said that during the show, some shirtless, muscley guy
jumped on the stage and crowd surfed. The girl next to him screams, "It's
Anthony from the Red Hot Chili Peppers!" Then the guy got back up on stage
and turned to face the audience. "OH," she said, disappointed. "It's just
some old guy."

It was Iggy Pop.

If you want to hear this story firsthand, and many others, look for Lippy at
The Magic Bus used record store in the French Quarter, New Orleans,
Louisiana.

kar...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
In article <19981207174130...@ng116.aol.com>,
ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) wrote:
> first of all, i'd like to say that i'm quite happy this thread isn't getting
ay
> of the expected "<famous musician>'s such a fucking fag!" responses. thanx to
> all.
>

> Definitely Gay/Lesbian

under this category you should prolly add Bob Mould - he came out a few years,
IIRC. And am i smoking crack or was someone in Pere Ubu out? (i get midwestern
critically acclaimed underground bands mixed up, sorry.)

is keith richards/mick jagger under the possibly bi category? i remember
reading some horribly trashy rolling stones bio that had keith and mick in bed
occasionally in the sixties. and there is the oft-repeated story of mick and
david bowie.

-k

ThorntnFan

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
OK, here's my list of those that I suspect of being gay or bi. And I have
absolutely nothing to back this up except for my gaydar. Heh.

Dan Wilson, lead singer of Semisonic
Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys (and I just know some teenie is going to come
out of the woodwork and throw a fit, LOL)
Paula Cole
Katherine Whalen of Squirrel Nut Zippers
Adam Clayton (I'm actually pretty positive about this one being bi)
The lead singer of Everclear (Forgot his name; Art somebody?)
Natalie Imbruglia

BTW, any good gossip on Mike Mills, sexuality or anything else? He's always
been my favorite REM band member. I really admire a grown man who has enough
self-confidence to wear braces. <g>

Lily
=================
"Hey Scully, I love you."
"Oh, brother!"
---Mulder and Scully, The X-Files
=================
http://travel.to/billybob

Longbourne

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) writes:

>Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell: yeah, i've seen the pic (adorable!), and
>i've
>seen both with their wives. Eddie still sets the gaydar off, and Chris still
>doesn't.
>
>also, thank you to Laura for your **excellent** rundown of PJ sexuality!!
>(although it did remind me of whoever's sig says "there's a thin line between
>hobby and mental illness")

I'm not sure which side of the line I'm on : P.

Ed just doesn't set off my gaydar (granted mine isn't the strongest), I believe
he's basically a somewhat feminine het boy. Not to confused with Sensitive New
Age Guys. I've seen him with his wife, too, and he definitely does not appear
to be faking his affection--though that certainly doesn't mean he couldn't be
bi. As long as he's not boffing Dennis Rodman : P.

OTOH, CC sets off my 'dar a bit more because he did marry a woman who is a)
older than he and b) his manager. Hell, Randy Travis did that, and aren't there
rumors about him? And alas, I've never seen him and Susan together. Chris, I
mean, not Randy.

Other stuff in reply to posts I deleted too quickly:

The pictures of women in Pearl Jam's new live album are not girlfriends,
they're in PJ's crew. Those women have responsibilities, they aren't just there
'cos they couldnt' resist Stone Gossard's manly charms : P.

Rodney Bingenheimer--Yeah, he creeps me out too. Does Rodney on the ROQ still
exist? I'm down in SD now so I don't hear KROQ on Sunday nights anymore.

Anthony Kiedis? Het. Actually, the biggest vibe he gives off, IMHO, is
trying-too-hard-to-be-sensitive-but-coming-off-really-insincere.

And what about Jim Morrison? I once read a book about the Doors that suggested
he'd had a few affairs with men but I don't know how credible it was.

Laura

Layna Ayre Andersen

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Font of All Important Info wrote in message
<36785ded...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>...

>On 7 Dec 1998 22:41:30 GMT, ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) felt
>compelled by mysterious forces to say:
>
>>Dave Navarro: he's bi. just trust me, he's bi.
>
>i definitely believe that!
>
>>RHCP: <pout> i can'y include Dave in this any more! anyway, Anthony has
>>always pinged my gaydar (and the mental pic of him and Dave is just *so*
nice),
>>and Flea - i dunno.
>
>Anthony strikes me as possibly being bi, but i have nothing to back
>that up other than a feeling. Flea, however, does nothing for my
>gaydar. i do believe he is gay-friendly.

This thread is bringing back my memories of various RHCP videos &
performance I've seen where there really did seem to be a lot of friendly
touching going on among the band members... And what was the deal with John
Frusciante, the guitar player who was in and then out and then in (I think)?
I remember reading an interview in Interview with the band, just after he
joined for the first time, and was struck by the incredible level of hero
worship he seemd to have for Anthony Kiedis. Anybody have any ideas,
rumours, speculation, thinly veiled fictional scenarios, whatever?

And this all reminds me of the time, a good many years ago, when I attempted
to lure a nice skateboard kid to my apartment by offering to show him my
RHCP videos!

Layna

Uncle Waltie

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Font of All Important Info wrote:

> >Definitely Gay/Lesbian
> >
> >Melissa Ferrick
>
> who she?

Sort of folk rock-ish singer/songwriter. She was signed to, I
believe, Atlantic for a while and is recording for some indie
label now.

-walt

--
"On second thought, just kill everyone that
annoys me that has the potential to breed."

Uncle Waltie

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
ThorntnFan wrote:

> OK, here's my list of those that I suspect of being gay or bi. And I have
> absolutely nothing to back this up except for my gaydar. Heh.
>
> Dan Wilson, lead singer of Semisonic

Isn't he married? (Not that it means anything...)

> Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys (and I just know some teenie is going to come
> out of the woodwork and throw a fit, LOL)

Howie is the one that screams 'sissy boy' to me.

> Paula Cole

I'm friends with her best friend. Paula likes men.

smo...@ihateads.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
In article <19981207174130...@ng116.aol.com>,
ladyj...@aol.comnospam (LadyJilian) wrote:

> Kurt & Courtney: in her second cover interview for Vanity Fair, she addressed
> the issue quite clearly with the phrase "where's the beef?!" and the
> already-mentioned thing about Kurt and Stipey in the locked room.

Stipe has said that the story of him being with Kurt is just one of
Courtney's tall tales. He said that she dropped him off for a weekend with
Frances Bean and her nanny. He said that the whole weekend was child
friendly and nothing happened.
I wonder if it had been awkward if he showed up alone, wanting to get it
on with Stipe. What if Stipe wasn't interested in him that way, despite
his love of him as a friend. It just seems to me that it's assuming a lot
to presume that because someone has sex with men, he's naturally going to
be available to any man who wants him. Especially some inexperienced guy
who is probably mostly straight. Someone like that might not actually be
considered desirable by many gay/bi men, even if he is Kurt Cobain. (Who
hated washing his hair, according to Courtney.) This isn't a dis in any
way, just a stray thought. It just seems odd that people presume because
some guy does men, he's automatically going to be available to any guy
curious to try gay sex. I just don't think so.

Anyway, speaking of Courtney, didn't she say once that she's been with
women but decided that she much preferred men?

Emma Rebecca

Font of All Important Info

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 23:55:26 GMT, C_G...@mailexcite.com felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>I am going to put the rumors behind and tell you like it really is.
>

>Stone Gossard is definitely not gay. He had a live in girlfriend named Donya.
>And I saw Stone kiss his girlfriend at the Grammy's when they won.

my gay cousin married a woman and had two kids with her (biologically
his, made the old-fashioned way, no turkey basters need apply). it
didn't make him any less gay.

apropos of whatever, just how do you prove someone is heterosexual
anyway? :) in gossip, it's so much easier to insinuate gayness than
hetness, tee hee!

--dez

Font of All Important Info

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 18:19:30 -0800, <dust...@mindspring.com> felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>C_G...@mailexcite.com wrote in message <74hpte$haj$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>>I am going to put the rumors behind and tell you like it really is.
>

>Uh huh. And you know all this because...?

God told him/her so?

--dez, just conjecturing

Font of All Important Info

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On 8 Dec 1998 02:01:21 GMT, thorn...@aol.comANTISPAM (ThorntnFan)

felt compelled by mysterious forces to say:

>OK, here's my list of those that I suspect of being gay or bi. And I have

>absolutely nothing to back this up except for my gaydar. Heh.
>
>Dan Wilson, lead singer of Semisonic

gay or bi (please say bi)?

>Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys (and I just know some teenie is going to come
>out of the woodwork and throw a fit, LOL)

you mean, they aren't all gay?

>Katherine Whalen of Squirrel Nut Zippers

at least a couple of the guys set off my gaydar, but i don't know
their names offhand, sorry.

>Adam Clayton (I'm actually pretty positive about this one being bi)

i've heard the same.

>The lead singer of Everclear (Forgot his name; Art somebody?)

Art Alexakis is straight, i think.

>Natalie Imbruglia

this one goes under the heading, "Who the hell cares?" :)

>BTW, any good gossip on Mike Mills, sexuality or anything else? He's always
>been my favorite REM band member. I really admire a grown man who has enough
>self-confidence to wear braces. <g>

only thing i've heard about him is that he loves the ladies (i.e. he's
a slamhound).

--dez

Font of All Important Info

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On Tue, 08 Dec 1998 00:31:00 -0400, smo...@ihateads.com felt compelled

by mysterious forces to say:

[...]

>Anyway, speaking of Courtney, didn't she say once that she's been with
>women but decided that she much preferred men?

that sounds right. she did talk recently about a woman she used to
love a long time ago. but she seems to gravitate to men.

Font of All Important Info

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On 08 Dec 1998 03:57:39 GMT, longb...@aol.com (Longbourne) felt

compelled by mysterious forces to say:

[...]

>Rodney Bingenheimer--Yeah, he creeps me out too. Does Rodney on the ROQ still

>exist? I'm down in SD now so I don't hear KROQ on Sunday nights anymore.

yep, it's still on. he also has his "Picked to Click" or whatever it
is thing once a night.

>Anthony Kiedis? Het. Actually, the biggest vibe he gives off, IMHO, is
>trying-too-hard-to-be-sensitive-but-coming-off-really-insincere.

aren't RHCP the patron saints of frat boys everywhere? :)

Font of All Important Info

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On 8 Dec 1998 05:01:03 GMT, "Layna Ayre Andersen"
<la...@worldnet.att.net> felt compelled by mysterious forces to say:

[...]

>This thread is bringing back my memories of various RHCP videos &

>performance I've seen where there really did seem to be a lot of friendly
>touching going on among the band members...

that could be that frat boy mentality i mentioned in another thread.
i think the guys were all in frats, weren't they? a lot of guys in
sports do that touchy-feely male-bondo shite, too, without necessarily
being bi/gay. naked butt pyramids, anyone?

>And what was the deal with John
>Frusciante, the guitar player who was in and then out and then in (I think)?
>I remember reading an interview in Interview with the band, just after he
>joined for the first time, and was struck by the incredible level of hero
>worship he seemd to have for Anthony Kiedis. Anybody have any ideas,
>rumours, speculation, thinly veiled fictional scenarios, whatever?

ironically, he was out because of his drug use. he's in again because
he cleaned up (and then Anthony goes and falls off the wagon, but i
think he's in recovery now--at least, he looked great at the Tibetan
Freedom Concert earlier this year).

>And this all reminds me of the time, a good many years ago, when I attempted
>to lure a nice skateboard kid to my apartment by offering to show him my
>RHCP videos!

oooh, you little minx! :)

--dez, i like the way you think, hee hee!

Longbourne

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

In article <366fc4cc...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, dez...@ix.netcom.com (Font
of All Important Info) writes (or quoted from someone, I just snip posts
randomly):

>>Katherine Whalen of Squirrel Nut Zippers
>
>at least a couple of the guys set off my gaydar, but i don't know
>their names offhand, sorry.

Hell, the first time I saw the video for Hell, I was convinced that Katherine
Whalen was a man. Not only a man, but a really unattractive transvestite. She's
looked better since then I think.

Certainly more feminine than Linda Tripp : P.

Laura

Melora

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

LadyJilian wrote

>Who The Hell Knows?!
>
>Mike McCready

Gay

>Dave Grohl

Straight

>Flea

Bi

>U2

They're supposed to be straight but I have
my doubts about 2-3 of them.

Melora

Melora

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

Longbourne wrote in message

>Ed just doesn't set off my gaydar (granted mine isn't the strongest), I
believe
>he's basically a somewhat feminine het boy. Not to confused with Sensitive
New
>Age Guys. I've seen him with his wife, too, and he definitely does not
appear
>to be faking his affection--though that certainly doesn't mean he couldn't
be
>bi. As long as he's not boffing Dennis Rodman : P.
>
>OTOH, CC sets off my 'dar a bit more because he did marry a woman who is a)
>older than he and b) his manager. Hell, Randy Travis did that, and aren't
there
>rumors about him? And alas, I've never seen him and Susan together. Chris,
>mean, not Randy.

Eddie's wife sort of functioned as his manager for awhile I believe. So if
you're using that as a reason Chris Cornell may be gay, it could apply to
Eddie as well. I have no strong vibe on either of them. But my gaydar is
nonexistant. I actually thought Pat Smear was gay!

Melora

Melora

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

EM Mertz wrote

>What about Adam Clayton, Anthony Kiedis and Flea?

Don't know about Anthony and Flea, except they both planted one on
Eddie Vedder on the VMA's. Eddie seemed very comfortable with it
which made me think he didn't give a shit what people might think.

I suspect Adam Clayton of being gay or bi, but I don't have much to
base that on. He was engaged to Naomi Campbell, but I don't consider
that proof he's straight. When U2 held a party with drag queens and
models (for a video shoot), Clayton was heard to say, "If you can't pull
tonight, you're hopeless."

Melora

Melora

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

ThorntnFan wrote:
>BTW, any good gossip on Mike Mills, sexuality or anything else? He's always
>been my favorite REM band member. I really admire a grown man who has
enough
>self-confidence to wear braces. <g>

He was once arrested for climbing a water tower in broad daylight.
In the nude. With two girls. That was about 1983.

Melora

bob...@rocketmail.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
<dust...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> LadyJilian wrote in message
> <19981206184638...@ng-cf1.aol.com>...
> >let's all play Spot That Sexual Preference!!!! this has always been one of
> my
> >favorite celeb gossips!
> >
> >my lists:
> [snipped the straight list because it's not as much as fun as the bi/gay
> ones]
>
> >Probably Bi
> >Michael Stipe (and the rest of REM too)
> >Layne Staley
> >Thurston Moore
> >Eddie Vedder** (and Mike McCready, the rest of PJ i can't ever make a
> judgement
> >on)
> >Marilyn Manson (yeah, the whole band)
>
> Dave Navarro (?)
> Perry Farrell (?)
> Ani DiFranco
> Pat Smear
> Puff Daddy
> Pete Townsend
>
> >Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>
> Rob Halford
> George Michael
> Joan Jett
> Elton John
> Queen Latifah

I've heard that Queen Latifah is going to put out a book about herself. She
will supposedly put everyone *straight* about her sexuality.

bobbih

> Evelyn

Longbourne

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

In article <74ip69$bni$1...@news.fsr.net>, "Melora" <mel...@moscow.com> writes:

>Eddie's wife sort of functioned as his manager for awhile I believe. So if
>you're using that as a reason Chris Cornell may be gay, it could apply to
>Eddie as well.

Beth was a PR assistant in Pearl Jam's management in the early days, but I
don't think she ever had as much responsibility as Susan Silver did. I guess if
you count when they were living in San Diego and she booked shows and may have
helped Eddie book shows for his pre-Pearl Jam bands.

But I doubt CC is gay or bi either, Randy Travis I'm not so convinced about.

As for Pat Smear, I guess he's just one of those rarities--a straight guy with
fashion sense.

Laura

dust...@mindspring.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
I can't figure out Randy Travis...he doesn't really set off my gaydar, but a
gay friend is convinced Randy's gay, especially after visiting the Randy
Travis gift shop/museum in Nashville and seeing all of the pictures of Randy
that are on display there. (He didn't really explain, although I assume
there are no pictures of him in drag or anything like that) Plus his wife
is...um...well...not exactly a trophy wife. She looks *much* older than him.
Even if he's not gay/bi, there's something odd about that relationship, IMO.

Evelyn

Longbourne wrote in message
<19981208092943...@ngol05.aol.com>...

mslinda

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
dust...@mindspring.com wrote:

> I can't figure out Randy Travis...he doesn't really set off my gaydar, but a
> gay friend is convinced Randy's gay, especially after visiting the Randy
> Travis gift shop/museum in Nashville and seeing all of the pictures of Randy
> that are on display there. (He didn't really explain, although I assume
> there are no pictures of him in drag or anything like that) Plus his wife
> is...um...well...not exactly a trophy wife. She looks *much* older than him.
> Even if he's not gay/bi, there's something odd about that relationship, IMO.
>
> Evelyn

FWIW, a writer friend of mine spent several days with Randy and Lib at
their home in Maui. He said that they acted very affectionate and very
much in love. Also, it was Randy that broke up Lib's first marriage, and
her ex-husband is *still* pissed at the two of them after all these
years.
Why are people so small-minded about older women and younger men? It
seems like every time an attractive man marries an older woman, people
look for some ulterior motive. Last year country singers Marty Stuart
(38) and Connie Smith (56) married and his fans had *fits.*

Linda C.

C_G...@mailexcite.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
In article <366dc0e3...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
dez...@ix.netcom.com (Font of All Important Info) wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 23:55:26 GMT, C_G...@mailexcite.com felt

> compelled by mysterious forces to say:
>
> >I am going to put the rumors behind and tell you like it really is.
> >
> >Stone Gossard is definitely not gay. He had a live in girlfriend named
Donya.
> >And I saw Stone kiss his girlfriend at the Grammy's when they won.
>
> my gay cousin married a woman and had two kids with her (biologically
> his, made the old-fashioned way, no turkey basters need apply). it
> didn't make him any less gay.
>
> apropos of whatever, just how do you prove someone is heterosexual
> anyway? :) in gossip, it's so much easier to insinuate gayness than
> hetness, tee hee!
>
> --dez
>
> ....a pistol-hot cup of Dez...
>
> "Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
> --the Tick

I just want to know why you think Stone is gay? Yeah he looks a bit feminine
but is that why you think he is? Pavel Bure and Vyacheslav Zagorodniuk are
feminine looking but they're not gay. Not that those guys really prove
anything. Also I always thought Jeff was the one who could be gay because he
said some stuff that made you really question.

dust...@mindspring.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

mslinda wrote in message <366D22...@earthlink.net>...

>Why are people so small-minded about older women and younger men? It
>seems like every time an attractive man marries an older woman, people
>look for some ulterior motive. Last year country singers Marty Stuart
>(38) and Connie Smith (56) married and his fans had *fits.*

Well, I look for an ulterior motive when an attractive younger man marries
an *unattractive* older woman, just like I do when an attractive younger
woman marries an ugly old geezer.

Evelyn

mslinda

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

There's no accounting for taste. How many guys have you heard describe
their ladylove as "beautiful" when you think she's butt-ugly?
I recall when Paul McCartney married Linda and John wed Yoko, I heard
all kinds of comments about how homely the wives were. Obviously, Paul
and John could have had thousands of other women, but they chose those
two - and stayed married until "death do you part."

Linda C.

Linda C.

Melora

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

Lisa Drake wrote in message ...

>In article <74ipv5$cn3$1...@news.fsr.net>, "Melora" <mel...@moscow.com> wrote:
>>He was once arrested for climbing a water tower in broad daylight.
>>In the nude. With two girls. That was about 1983.
>>
>>Melora
>
>You forgot to mention that one of the girls is rumored to have been the
>future Mrs. Peter Buck (#1)

I thought it was the future (and now past) Mrs. Bill Berry.

Melora

J.B.

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
*really?* I've never heard *any* gossip on Tommy...anyone?

LadyJilian wrote:

> Definitely Gay/Lesbian
>

> Tommy Keene

dust...@mindspring.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

C_G...@mailexcite.com wrote in message <74kbaj$mob$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

I thought we had him on the "bi" list...anyhoo, I think he's bi. He's a
Gemini and it's that duality thing, ya know.

Evelyn

dust...@mindspring.com

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Lisa Drake wrote in message ...
>In article <366D22...@earthlink.net>, msl...@earthlink.net wrote:
>

>>Why are people so small-minded about older women and younger men? It
>>seems like every time an attractive man marries an older woman, people
>>look for some ulterior motive. Last year country singers Marty Stuart
>>(38) and Connie Smith (56) married and his fans had *fits.*
>>
>>Linda C.
>
>Marty Stuart's not gay?? Wow, I sure thought he was.

He pings my gaydar a little...maybe because he's just so cute for a straight
guy :). But he used to be married to one of Johnny Cash's daughters -- not
that that means anything, but getting married twice just to prove you're not
gay seems a bit excessive...OTOH, Tom Cruise is on his second marriage, so I
guess you can't go by that either.

Evelyn

mslinda

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
dust...@mindspring.com wrote:

> Lisa Drake wrote in message ...
> >In article <366D22...@earthlink.net>, msl...@earthlink.net wrote:
> >

> >>Why are people so small-minded about older women and younger men? It
> >>seems like every time an attractive man marries an older woman, people
> >>look for some ulterior motive. Last year country singers Marty Stuart
> >>(38) and Connie Smith (56) married and his fans had *fits.*
> >>
> >>Linda C.
> >
> >Marty Stuart's not gay?? Wow, I sure thought he was.

My girlfriend who used to sleep with him (pre-Connie) doesn't think so.
;-)

> He pings my gaydar a little...maybe because he's just so cute for a straight
> guy :). But he used to be married to one of Johnny Cash's daughters --

Her name is Cindy.

not
> that that means anything, but getting married twice just to prove you're not
> gay seems a bit excessive...

In between, he had a long relationship with his manager Bonnie.

OTOH, Tom Cruise is on his second marriage, so I
> guess you can't go by that either.
>
> Evelyn

I don't think he's gay. He's been a major babe-magnet since his teens.

Linda C.

Layna Ayre Andersen

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98

Longbourne wrote in message
<19981208015344...@ngol08.aol.com>...
>In article <366fc4cc...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, dez...@ix.netcom.com
(Font

>of All Important Info) writes (or quoted from someone, I just snip posts
>randomly):
>
>>>Katherine Whalen of Squirrel Nut Zippers
>>
>>at least a couple of the guys set off my gaydar, but i don't know
>>their names offhand, sorry.
>
>Hell, the first time I saw the video for Hell, I was convinced that
Katherine
>Whalen was a man. Not only a man, but a really unattractive transvestite.
She's
>looked better since then I think.

I saw them in a tiny outdoor place in Florida about a year before the CD
with Hell came out, and she looked seriously, deeply, totally lovely. Maybe
she's just not videogenic?

Layna

Longbourne

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98

In article <74kbaj$mob$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, C_G...@mailexcite.com writes:

>I just want to know why you think Stone is gay? Yeah he looks a bit feminine
>but is that why you think he is? Pavel Bure and Vyacheslav Zagorodniuk are
>feminine looking but they're not gay. Not that those guys really prove
>anything. Also I always thought Jeff was the one who could be gay because he
>said some stuff that made you really question.

Who is Vyacheslav? Pavel, I know he's a hockey player. Is he the one married to
Candace Cameron or is that the other Bure?

And what has Jeff Ament said?

As for Stone, what can I say, a lot of us think he's bi--I do think he has had,
and can have, meaningful relationships with women, but I also think he prefers
men. And to add fuel to the fire, a friend of a friend went to see Pearl Jam in
Maui earlier this year and she heard someone in PJ's road crew (or maybe she
heard this from someone else who overheard it) talking about Stone being gay.
For whatever that's worth.

Laura

C_G...@mailexcite.com

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
In article <19981208225847...@ngol08.aol.com>,

Pavel is Valeri's big brother and Valeri is married to Candace. Jeff said
when he first came to Seattle he hung out with drag queens and maybe male
prostititutes. He also said he takes the AIDS test every year. And he has
talked about some other stuff that convinced me he might be. I guess people
think Stone might be because he looks feminine. I decided to make a little
picture collage here

Uncle Waltie

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
Lisa Drake wrote:

> Marty Stuart's not gay?? Wow, I sure thought he was.

You think he's gay with *that* hair? Surely you jest. ;)

-walt

--
"On second thought, just kill everyone that
annoys me that has the potential to breed."

1031lo...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 1:49:33 AM9/27/13
"For what it's worth" regarding what some nobody said in Maui?
This is the type of tongue wagging gossip with no concrete foundation/truth a person can find on the net. What compells you ppl to "guess" about other people's private lived is perplexing?
Stone is not gay.
He has had many girlfriends though.
Just b/c some ass didn't like him or was jealous of him OR b/c some skank made a pass on him & he declined...that doesn't make him gay.
He's actually one of the sweetest guys going besides being intelligent & incredibly funny!
Lets not leave out- charming & handsome.
But y'all don't want facts- you want to make crap up.
Did I mention Stone is an exceptional kisser?!!!
That's THE TRUTH.

So if you want to go spread some juicy JAM, get yer facts straight.

Signed,
Blue Eyed Brunette 34H
Been there & Heard it all

modest...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2020, 10:40:47 PM6/1/20
Omg! Can I have more details please?

modest...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2020, 10:50:10 PM6/1/20
Can I have more details about Stone please???