Sonya Isaacs

Outside the Loop

May 11, 2001, 3:04:05 AM5/11/01
Found this on SONYAISAACS.COM

Sonya will be performing at this year's Fan Fair in Nashville on Saturday, June
16th on the Riverstage.

Sonya is currently in the studio and writing for her forthcoming album,
tentatively scheduled to be released next Fall.

So I guess she is still pursuing it ! Go SONYA!

:-)

TommyDale

May 11, 2001, 9:10:40 AM5/11/01
I think Sonya is talented, and I wish her the very best. However, when
someone wrote recently that "Sonya isn't going to use her looks, like Shania
Twain and Faith Hill", I spit my coffee all over my computer.
First of all, who thinks she even remotely compares with Shania or Faith
in
looks? Secondly, it is a very bold statement to make, to suggest that
Shania
Twain or Faith Hill got where they are by "looks" alone. They happen to be
drop dead gorgeous, but they are also extremely talented. There are many
talented singers in Nashville who never really made the big-time, but can
still sing circles around many who DID make it. (Just like Southern
Gospel).

>===== Original Message From outside...@aol.com (Outside the Loop) =====

Rick

May 11, 2001, 11:23:32 AM5/11/01
I think Sonya's pretty gorgeous. Her butt's gotten a bit big lately but that can
be taken care of. Don't know if you've ever seen any early pics of Shania or
Faith but I'd say Sonya's prettier than either of them, even before the cosmetic
surgery, new makeup, and creative photography.

In article <3B05...@MailAndNews.com>, TommyDale says...

TommyDale

May 11, 2001, 12:41:34 PM5/11/01
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. If you think she is gorgeous,
that's great. I think she is above average in looks, but looks ain't gonna
get the job done. And yes, I have early pictures of both Faith (always has
been great looking) and Shania (who does benefit from makeup, but still has
much to work with). Time will tell, and again, I wish Sonya the best.
Country music isn't as nice as Southern Gospel as a business.

>===== Original Message From Rick <nos...@newsranger.com> =====

Clarence Grigsby

May 12, 2001, 10:02:04 AM5/12/01
First of all, I think Shania, Faith, and Sonya are all lovely ladies.
Yes, I do consider myself an expert on the subject. :-) I also think all
three of them are very talented. I don't want to take anything away from
them in either category. However, in Nashville these days, looks and
image are just as important as talent. If Shania was overweight or
Faith was a matronly fifty year old, do you think they would be anywhere
near a chart? No way, no matter how talented they were. For that matter,
if Billy Ray Cyrus looked like Clarence Grigsby, he would be singing in
bars in Eastern Kentucky right now for fifty bucks a night and "Achy
Breaky Heart" would have never made it to the bottom 40! Thankfully, SG
isn't that superficial.....yet.
TommyDale wrote:
I think Sonya is talented, and I wish her the very best. However, when
someone wrote recently that "Sonya isn't going to use her looks, like
Shania Twain and Faith Hill", I spit my coffee all over my computer.
      First of all, who thinks she even remotely compares
with Shania or Faith in
looks? Secondly, it is a very bold statement to make, to suggest that
Shania
Twain or Faith Hill got where they are by "looks" alone. They happen to
be drop dead gorgeous, but they are also extremely talented. There are
many talented singers in Nashville who never really made the big-time,
but can still sing circles around many who DID make it. (Just like
Southern Gospel).

http://community.webtv.net/ClarenceGrigsby/CLARENCEGRIGSBYS

TommyDale

May 12, 2001, 10:30:21 AM5/12/01
Is Billy Ray Cyrus still alive?

BTW, Faith Hill and Shania Twain are products of extremely brilliant
marketing
plans. If Sonya "competes" with those marketing machines, her record
company
better be prepared for millions of dollars in investment. Unless those
people
can see a return on their investment, she will end up back in Southern
Gospel.
Like I said, I think she is definitely above average in looks, and no doubt
very talented lady. She is not in the category of Faith or Shania, however.

Just my opinion, but I would guess that this opinion would also be held by a
majority of other men. Time will tell. I still wish her success, and I
hope
I am proved wrong.

>===== Original Message From Clarenc...@webtv.net (Clarence Grigsby)
=====

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 12, 2001, 10:56:22 AM5/12/01

Clarence Grigsby <Clarenc...@webtv.net> wrote in message

>However, in Nashville these days, looks and
>image are just as important as talent. If Shania was overweight or
>Faith was a matronly fifty year old, do you think they would be anywhere
>near a chart?

It hasn't been all that long since Reba McEntire was at the top of the game,
though. And don't forget the Judds. You don't have to be drop dead gorgeous.
I don't think LuLu Roman would stand a chance as anything other than a
country comedian, but a reasonably attractive woman can make it in Country
if the marketing machine is willing to invest and does its work well.

(Apologies to all who think Lulu is a babe!) :o)

--
David Bruce Murray / dbmu...@deletethisrfci.net
http://rfci.net/dbmurray/

Clarence Grigsby

May 12, 2001, 12:35:03 PM5/12/01
David, my brother, do you not like redheads? :-)
David Murray(SG Fan) wrote: It hasn't been all that long since Reba

McEntire was at the top of the game, though. And don't forget the Judds.
You don't have to be drop dead gorgeous.

http://community.webtv.net/ClarenceGrigsby/CLARENCEGRIGSBYS

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 13, 2001, 1:34:32 AM5/13/01

> David, my brother, do you not like redheads? :-)

Wrong conclusion there, Clarence! :o)

For one, redhead Charlotte Penhollow (now Ritchie) is a babe. Her husband
should thank the Lord daily for blessing him with an attractive wife.

Leslie,James,Larry Moore

May 13, 2001, 2:09:48 AM5/13/01
I`ve been reading these post, and someone please explain to me what
makes Sonya Isaacs,Faith Hill and Shania Twain so newsworthy. I don`t
think I`ve ever heard of Shania.
James

TommyDale

May 13, 2001, 8:01:08 AM5/13/01
AMEN!!!!

>===== Original Message From "David Murray (SG Fan)"
<dbmurrayd...@rfci.net> =====

TommyDale

May 13, 2001, 8:05:11 AM5/13/01
Surely you are not serious. But just in case you are, Shania Twain happens
have quite a success story. "The Woman In Me" and "Come On Over" albums
have
sold multi-platinum numbers, and Shania has been the highest selling female
in
the industry. Recently, she was joined by Faith Hill in a similar story.
You
might want to do a search on the internet for some pictures.

>===== Original Message From moo...@webtv.net (Leslie,James,Larry Moore) =====

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 13, 2001, 8:48:56 AM5/13/01

Leslie,James,Larry Moore <moo...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> I`ve been reading these post, and someone please explain to me what
> makes Sonya Isaacs,Faith Hill and Shania Twain so newsworthy. I don`t
> think I`ve ever heard of Shania.

Shania Twain is to Country as Cher is to Pop or Amy Grant is to Contemporary
Christian.

REvans2311

May 13, 2001, 9:20:53 AM5/13/01

BLESS YOUR HEART YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE OFTEN

REvans2311

May 13, 2001, 9:24:58 AM5/13/01
Why is everyone so worried about Sonya Isaacs making it in country music?
Didn't her country albym flop? Has she been on the country charts? I think
they releases three singles so far from the project and neither of those made a
showing on the chart high enough to merit her being considered "gone country"!

Carol LeFevre

May 13, 2001, 10:31:52 AM5/13/01
James,
Shania Twain and Faith Hill are two of the newer big name stars in
country music. However, they are no Kitty Wells or Patsy Cline. Alas,
like everything else, the definition of "Country" has changed
tremendously.
Carol

TommyDale

May 13, 2001, 3:49:54 PM5/13/01
I saw and heard Patsy Cline and Kitty Wells when I was a child. Thank God
that Faith Hill and Shania Twain are NOT like them!

>===== Original Message From Slopto...@webtv.net (Carol LeFevre) =====

mdw...@concentric.net

May 13, 2001, 3:56:52 PM5/13/01
James, like myself and others, obviously has no intetrest in country
music. I know who these women are from the many mentions they get on
TV and in the newspaper. I couldn't recognize their singing, however,
because I don't listen to country music.

I do know that many bemoan the success of these women, Shania in
particular, because it signifies to them the rise of image over
substance. Pop over country. As stated by others, these women would
not be so popular if they were not attractive and didn't wear skimpy
outfits. Your reference to internet pictures reinforces this
assertion.

It will be a sad day for me if Sonya Isaacs joins the ranks of Shania
and Faith. But, it's her life and she can do what she wants with it.

Mark

NOTE TO JAMES: Don't worry about not knowing who Shania Twain and
Faith Hill are. My guess is, you're better off.

KJCSmith1

May 13, 2001, 4:12:17 PM5/13/01
>Is Billy Ray Cyrus still alive?

Yep and starring on a TV show on the Pax network called DOC...and it is a very
good show.

KJCSmith1

May 13, 2001, 4:14:06 PM5/13/01
> First of all, who thinks she even remotely compares with Shania or Faith
>in
>looks?

Oh, I don't know Tim Surret maybe??

KJCSmith1

May 13, 2001, 4:14:56 PM5/13/01
>Didn't her country albym flop?

Not in West Texas it didn't.

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 13, 2001, 10:42:07 PM5/13/01

Carol LeFevre <Slopto...@webtv.net> wrote in message

I agree. Current Country music has pretty much gone to the dogs, IMO. The
last great decade for Country was the 1980s, when George Strait and Randy
Travis were the two biggest names in young artists.

I've never understood why Patsy Cline and Kitty Wells frequently get
mentioned in the same breath. I wasn't around (or old enough to notice them)
in their heyday, but comparing them on recordings, I'd say they were like
day and night in terms of appeal.

I own a cassette that alternates Wells and Cline songs, so there's obviously
some connection I'm completely missing. Maybe some of you older country fans
can help me out here. I can understand similar projects that are half Oak
Ridge Boys and half Statlers.

Leslie,James,Larry Moore

May 14, 2001, 1:54:00 AM5/14/01

Leslie,James,Larry Moore

May 14, 2001, 1:41:00 AM5/14/01

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 14, 2001, 11:01:35 PM5/14/01
> I`d rather discuss SGM than country,pop, or contempory christian music.
> James

That's rather cryptic for you to say, considering you just responded to a
post about Shania Twain and Faith Hill.

Leslie,James,Larry Moore

May 16, 2001, 3:19:48 AM5/16/01

Leslie,James,Larry Moore

May 16, 2001, 3:02:51 AM5/16/01

Leslie,James,Larry Moore

May 16, 2001, 9:53:43 AM5/16/01

TommyDale

May 16, 2001, 10:42:54 AM5/16/01
>===== Original Message From moo...@webtv.net (Leslie,James,Larry Moore) =====
>Tommy,
> I didn`t look for her on picture on the internet,as you suggested.
>Her dress(or lack of it ) is probably why she is so popular.
>James

If you didn't see her, and if you've never heard of her, then how do you
know
how she dresses?

Tony Rush

May 16, 2001, 11:12:00 AM5/16/01
I went to her webpage and clicked on "Photos". I didn't see anything
unusual about the way she dresses.

Tony

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 16, 2001, 12:42:16 PM5/16/01

TommyDale <Tomm...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message

> >===== Original Message From moo...@webtv.net (Leslie,James,Larry Moore)
=====
> >Tommy,
> > I didn`t look for her on picture on the internet,as you suggested.
> >Her dress(or lack of it ) is probably why she is so popular.
> >James
> >
> If you didn't see her, and if you've never heard of her, then how do you
> know
> how she dresses?

Logic is futile!!! You will be assimilated.

Sorry. :o)

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 16, 2001, 12:53:53 PM5/16/01

>Yes David but in a negative way-readit again.
>James

I knew it was negative the first time I read it, but that's irrelevant. A
discussion is an exchange of ideas, both pro and con. A person who does not
wish to discuss a certain topic, as you said, doesn't comment one way or the
other.

Clarence Grigsby

DeeRee13

May 19, 2001, 1:27:17 AM5/19/01
Shania lists her ,music as in the "country" genre, but she's much more pop to
me. To me, she's right up there with Britney, Christina, & Whitney. Ditto
Faith. I'm not sure we have any truer female country singers anymore. They ALL
sound pop to me. Shania runs around on stage nearly nude & dances downright
vulgarly (if you ask me; but then, maybe I'm not the best judge of character;
I'm very conservative as you may can see.) I'm sure you've seen he. She's very
pretty (Shania) with long dark hair & petite in body shape.

DeeRee13

May 19, 2001, 1:37:43 AM5/19/01
OK, Faith & Shania have some talent, but I agree with the guy who said if they
were overweight & 50 their talent alone wouldn't be enough tobring them the
kind of success they've known. The music industry is grossly superficial &
unfair about it. They prefer great looks of both sexes, but let's agree that
there's even the rare male that has made it without pretty boy looks or 6 pack
abs (Charlie Daniels, Johnny Paycheck, etc) but for the most part, it just aint
happening for ANYBODY who couldn't walk in the Ford Agency & get a modeling
gig. Guys DO have a better chance of hitting with talent alone, but let's face
it, good looks won't hold anybody back of either sex. I still think it's unfair
that it's more mandatory for women than men though. (Picture an over 60 like
Charlie in a female equivalent - can't; there's not one! It's sad to say but
I'm afraid SGM is getting just as bad. When's the last time you saw a pudgy
40plus with Coke bottle glasses? I'm sure there's a few of those out there who
love God & can sing too. I wonder sometimes at just what all talent we're
denying ourselves both in the church AND out just because it doesn't please our
eyes on first glimpse. Would to God this nation could get to the place where we
judged the product & not just the packaging.

Outside the Loop

May 19, 2001, 2:00:00 AM5/19/01
Ok, you all can say all you want to about the LOOKS part of the biz--but i
mean, its a fact, looks do play a part into something. I believe that God
wants us to look our best. Thats not to say that someone who is just downright
ugly cant sing -- but there are things that one can do to ones self to make
them more presentable. I am vain and shallow im sure. However, Its a part of
the biz. Its a fact that we have to accept. I accepted it when I got in the
biz- thank God im just cute enough to get by :-)

hehe.

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 19, 2001, 9:52:04 AM5/19/01

DeeRee13 <deer...@aol.com> wrote in message

> The music industry is grossly superficial &
> unfair about it. They prefer great looks of both sexes, but let's agree
that
> there's even the rare male that has made it without pretty boy looks or 6
pack
> abs

How about Lyle Lovett? He's a rawbone rascal. Then there's Johnny Cash, John
Anderson, Elton John, etc. The list could go on for a few days.

> (Picture an over 60 like
> Charlie in a female equivalent - can't; there's not one!

It's hard to say "equivalent" in terms of the fact that some women probably
consider rough bearded men like Charlie Daniels or William Lee Golden
attractive. There are some ugly, older women singing country, though. They
aren't having hits anymore, but neither are Daniels or Johnny Paycheck.

Some people actually bought recordings by Lulu Roman a few years ago. Not
only is she immensely fat, she can't even sing.

> It's sad to say but
> I'm afraid SGM is getting just as bad. When's the last time you saw a
pudgy
> 40plus with Coke bottle glasses?

Maybe not the glasses, but no fat people over 40 in SG? You've got to be
joking.

> I'm sure there's a few of those out there who
> love God & can sing too. I wonder sometimes at just what all talent we're
> denying ourselves both in the church AND out just because it doesn't
please our
> eyes on first glimpse. Would to God this nation could get to the place
where we
> judged the product & not just the packaging.

I agree with your sentiment about the packaging. Being a somewhat overweight
person myself, it's easy to bemoan how the industry smiles on skinny people
more. It aggravates me when the product is completely lacking and the
packaging is the main attraction. In the case of Shania Twain, though, she's
very good at what she does. I'm not that crazy about her music, but I'm also
able to realize it's not just thrown together in a weekend in the studio.

steph...@webtv.net

May 19, 2001, 12:50:08 PM5/19/01
I think Faith Hill is middle of the road as far as her music.She's more
pop now than when she first started,but she is still country.I'd say she
might be 60% pop and 40% country...I saw her and Tim McGraw last year in
concert and they were both wonderful.They put on a good clean show.Faith
showed no cleavage,no stomach,and no leg....She still looked very good.I
thought and still do think that Tim McGraw is more country than Faith!!
Faith did do a gospel song.I still prefer SGM,but they were good and I'd
go see them again!!! Thanks

Outside the Loop

May 19, 2001, 11:38:55 PM5/19/01
Did you know?
That Faith used to sing with Cedar Ridge?

Tony Rush

May 20, 2001, 10:42:46 AM5/20/01
I didn't know that. I knew she used to sing with The Steeles.

Tony

Outside the Loop <outside...@aol.com> wrote in message

steph...@webtv.net

May 20, 2001, 10:41:22 AM5/20/01
Faith Hill NEVER sang with Cedar Ridge!!! She sang with The Steeles WAY
before they became popular!! Thanks

Nirman Graham

May 20, 2001, 12:50:48 PM5/20/01
When did she sing with the Steeles? For how long? Did they record any
material with her as a member? I found a passing reference to her being
with the Steeles on the Internet but no details.

Norm

"Tony Rush" <to...@therushs.net> wrote in message

Outside the Loop

May 20, 2001, 1:44:08 PM5/20/01
Stephen, it HAS been reported that Faith did in fact sing with CEDAR RIDGE.

Tony Rush

May 20, 2001, 2:54:47 PM5/20/01

Nirman Graham <ngra...@home.com> wrote in message

> When did she sing with the Steeles? For how long? Did they record any
> material with her as a member? I found a passing reference to her being
> with the Steeles on the Internet but no details.

Norm,

Details are apparently sketchy. My understanding is that "Hill" was not
her last name at the time. Beyond that, I don't know of any details.

Tony

REvans2311

May 20, 2001, 4:54:05 PM5/20/01
>-- but there are things that one can do to ones self to make
>them more presentable. I am vain and shallow im sure. However, Its a part
>of
>the biz. Its a fact that we have to accept. I accepted it when I got in the
>biz- thank God im just cute enough to get by :-)

YOU ARE IN THE BUSINESS???? Who do you perform with?

The thought of another know it all like Tony Rush makes me nautious. . .
. . . .can someone tell me how unsubscribe to this list??????????????

Outside the Loop

May 20, 2001, 6:45:27 PM5/20/01
I have performed . . .

Tony Rush

May 20, 2001, 8:18:13 PM5/20/01

REvans2311 <revan...@aol.com> wrote in message

> The thought of another know it all like Tony Rush makes me nautious.
. .
> . . . .can someone tell me how unsubscribe to this list??????????????

REvans,

You certainly are a hostile sort of person. I'll bet you're loads of fun
at parties. :)

Seriously, I don't know what I've done to make you so
angry, but you've not gone out of your way to hide it. In fact, you have
little to say unless it's against me. Either way, apparently you give
me alot more thought than I give you.

The best way to unsubscribe is to just don't read the messages
anymore.

Tony

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 20, 2001, 11:22:02 PM5/20/01

REvans2311 <revan...@aol.com> wrote in message

I would tell you, but I don't want to risk being labeled as a "know it all
like Tony Rush." That's about as low as a person could go, IMO. :o)

I'll bet you meet a lot of "know it all" people though, considering you
can't figure out how to stop receiving something you had to deliberately
sign up for.

David Murray (SG Fan)

May 20, 2001, 11:41:37 PM5/20/01

David Murray (SG Fan) <dbmurrayd...@rfci.net> wrote in message

> REvans2311 <revan...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >-- but there are things that one can do to ones self to make
> > >them more presentable. I am vain and shallow im sure. However, Its a
> part
> > >of
> > >the biz. Its a fact that we have to accept. I accepted it when I got
in
> the
> > >biz- thank God im just cute enough to get by :-)
> >

> > YOU ARE IN THE BUSINESS???? Who do you perform with?
> >
> > The thought of another know it all like Tony Rush makes me nautious.
> . .
> > . . . .can someone tell me how unsubscribe to this list??????????????
>
> I would tell you, but I don't want to risk being labeled as a "know it all
> like Tony Rush." That's about as low as a person could go, IMO. :o)
>
> I'll bet you meet a lot of "know it all" people though, considering you
> can't figure out how to stop receiving something you had to deliberately
> sign up for.

BTW, you can go ahead reply if you'd like, but I won't be reading it.

You have the honor of being the first person in this particular newsgroup
that I've ever "plonked." I've read your posts since Sept. 2000, and found
you to be abrasive about 85% of the time, with little information to share,
occasional whining, and recently, you've took up personal assaults against
Tony, who's done nothing to provoke you other than sharing some different
opinions.

You don't seem to be the type of person who hits "Send" without thinking
(saying things you regret later). You're too consistent for that.

I do know how to operate my newsreader's blocking functions, and I'm going
to do that now.

steph...@webtv.net

May 21, 2001, 12:03:26 AM5/21/01
If she did sing with Cedar Ridge....tell me who reported it,where I can
find it on the internet,and how you know for a fact?????
Thanks

Outside the Loop

May 21, 2001, 1:46:54 AM5/21/01
OH Lord, its not on the net i dont think . . . seems like I heard it from one
of the group members a while ago . . .but im not readily sure -- so ok dont
take it for GOSPEL but :-) IM pretty sure :-)

steph...@webtv.net

May 21, 2001, 2:48:19 PM5/21/01
Ok,If you say so...I tried finding it on the net and couldn't find
it,not even anything about Faith singing with The Steeles...I did read
about Faith and The Steeles a few years ago in The Singing News
though...They even had a picture....They have all changed ALOT...for the
better,lol....I do know that Jeff Treeces wife who sang with Cedar Ridge
went on to sing backup for Tammy Wynette...Of course Jeff and her are no
longer married....After Violet Treece,the mother in the group passed
away,Jeff started The Jeff Treece Band....I don't hear much about
them,maybe once in awhile...And I think it was before Cedar Ridge ended
Jeff played keyboards for The McKameys,I do know that,I have pictures
and seen them live during that time.I think during that time was when CR
recorded their last project....They were an awesome group when I heard
them in concert.The group was Jeff Treece,his wife,his mother,and his
brother.Jeff played keyboards,his brother played guitar(not sure which
kind) and they all sang,plus they had several other band members.They
were really great....I don't think they ever really became very
popular,although they did have a few songs to do pretty good on the
charts.I wish things would have worked out different for this
group.Thanks,Stephen