low bass notes...

Everett Wade

Feb 3, 2003, 3:43:31 PM2/3/03
I was just looking around for some songs with very low bass notes in
them, like... "Working on a building" by the O.R. Boys, all those
songs JD Sumner does the octave slides down to low F1's and the
like... I've heard of george younce and harold gilley but have heard
them very much.. but yah
anyways looking for songs w.low bass notes hah...thot you guys might
know of some

David Bruce Murray

Feb 3, 2003, 6:44:37 PM2/3/03

"Everett Wade" <prittyfi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Gene McDonald hits a couple of low notes on "Want To Sing Bass" off the
Florida Boys' latest _I'm Gonna Rise_.

Cyle Cornish hit an E below low C on the song "Hold On" on the Melody
Masters last label release. The group isn't traveling anymore, though, so
that recording will likely be hard to find.

Christian Davis is a deep bass singer with the Old Time Gospel Hour Quartet.

Otherwise, there's Tim Riley with Gold City. He usually bottoms out at his
"sweet spot" around G below low C, though.

--
David Bruce Murray / dmur...@NOSPAMrfci.net
---Making hay while the sun shines---

RnR-TX

Feb 3, 2003, 8:19:11 PM2/3/03
You might also want to check out some of The Inspirations' Mike Holcombs low
notes, i.e. "Bend A Way Down Low", "Hide Me Rock Of Ages", "Just A Little
Talk With Jesus" and others.

"David Bruce Murray" <dmur...@NOSPAM.rfci.net> wrote in message

RayDunakin

Feb 3, 2003, 9:03:01 PM2/3/03
<< I've heard of george younce and harold gilley but have heard them very
much.. but yah anyways looking for songs w.low bass notes hah...thot you guys
might know of some >>

One of my favorites is "No Tears In Heaven", by the Cathedrals. George really
get down low, yet stays smooth as ever. And the low notes are really a part of
the arrangement, not just some gimmicky thing tacked on.

They recorded it on their album titled, "Interwoven". Not sure what year, early
80's I think. You might still be able to get this album from the Cathedrals'
catalog.

CJB

Feb 3, 2003, 9:50:45 PM2/3/03
I was just about to recommend "Bend Way Down Low." On this note, Mike
Holcomb hits the bottom note on the piano. By I believe it's on the
Inspirations "My Anchor Still Holds" album from around 1992. You can find
out for sure at www.theinspirations.com

He also hits this note on "When They Ring Those Golden Bells" when they do
it live, but I don't remember if he hits it on the recorded version. BTW,
you should see the monitors hop across the floor when you're standing behind
them and he nails that note! Mike is generally regarded as being the lowest
bass currently singing professionally.

CJB

"RnR-TX" <em...@malleyfamily.com> wrote in message

---

RayDunakin

Feb 5, 2003, 12:39:48 AM2/5/03
<< You might also want to check out some of The Inspirations' Mike Holcombs low
notes, i.e. "Bend A Way Down Low", "Hide Me Rock Of Ages", "Just A Little Talk
With Jesus" and others. >>

A couple other good ones they did are "When They Send Down The Chariot For Me"
and "He Brought Me Out".

RnR-TX

Feb 5, 2003, 3:49:50 PM2/5/03
Yep, yep. I had forgotten about those two. Dang, and I have all their
recordings.. How could I have let those get past me..

"RayDunakin" <raydu...@aol.com> wrote in message

James Moore

Feb 8, 2003, 12:24:32 PM2/8/03
prittyfi...@hotmail.com (Everett Wade) wrote in message news:<9f30e2f9.03020...@posting.google.com>...

I love those low bass notes too so-listen to J.D.Sumner sing the title
song,on his solo album "Blessed Asurance".
James Moore

Deanshafer

Feb 8, 2003, 7:47:04 PM2/8/03
I remember years ago, when Armond Morales was singing with the Weatherfords.
He hit a low note on "Let the Lower Lights Keep Burning," and the room would
shake.

I was just a kid, in junior high school and high school, but every time I saw
and heard him do it, it would blow me away.

The E-Mail Traveler,
Dean
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA

"Money talks, chocolate sings."

la...@clcconline.ca

Nov 25, 2013, 7:29:28 PM11/25/13
I have been looking to download that song when they send down the chariot. Can't find it anywhere… Any thoughts??