Seconds Out Film

Pete

Oct 16, 2009, 8:45:43 AM10/16/09
In about 1978 I went to the flicks and before the main feature they played
the entire Seconds Out concert. It wasn't even advertised as being part of
the program.

My question is does this complete film exist on DVD or in any of the
recently released boxsets? I know genesis are picky about the quality of old
releases but I recall the film being excellent & a real treat.

Thanks for any info

Peter

Oct 16, 2009, 9:03:08 AM10/16/09

ITYM "Genesis in Concert 1976" (which isn't actually a complete
concert), in which case the answer's yes. It's included as an extra on
the DVD release of Trick of the Tail.

I don't know what's happening: Amazon don't appear to have it in
stock, and are advertising a third-party seller asking GBP42. See
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trick-Tail-Hybrid-SACD-DVD/dp/tracks/B000MCIBM0/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_2.
The '76 - '82 box set, at GBP 79 also includes it in the relevant
place - see
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genesis-1976-1982-Hybrid-SACD/dp/B000MTOQKE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1255698053&sr=1-12

Peter

Pete

Oct 16, 2009, 9:30:31 AM10/16/09
Thanks for that
"Peter" <REPLACEWIT...@allblue.f9.co.uk> wrote in message

Mark Rae

Oct 16, 2009, 9:32:11 AM10/16/09
"Pete" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

> In about 1978 I went to the flicks and before the main feature they played
> the entire Seconds Out concert.

No they didn't - they played "Genesis In Concert 1976": I Know What I Like,
Fly on a Windshield, Carpet Crawlers, Cinema Show (with horrible visuals),
Entangled, second half of Supper's Ready and Los Endos.

> It wasn't even advertised as being part of the program.

Yes it was. It was shown with Rick Wakeman's "White Rock"

> My question is does this complete film exist on DVD or in any of the
> recently released boxsets?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trick-Tail-Genesis/dp/B000NQR7KM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1255699846&sr=8-3

Pete

Oct 16, 2009, 9:56:20 AM10/16/09

"Mark Rae" <ma...@mark.com> wrote in message
Well whatever I saw wasn't shown with anything by Rick Wakeman. You're
probably right about what I saw - it's been 30 odd years but I recall Carpet
Crawlers and Dance on a Volcano and/or Los Endos and that the whole thing
was about an hour long (maybe longer)
Thanks for the info - that film was a damn sight better than the crappy
horror film I watched.
Time to get on Amazon I think

jonny

Oct 16, 2009, 10:29:59 AM10/16/09
Mark Rae wrote:
> "Pete" <m...@here.com> wrote in message
>
>> In about 1978 I went to the flicks and before the main feature they
>> played the entire Seconds Out concert.
>
> No they didn't - they played "Genesis In Concert 1976": I Know What I
> Like, Fly on a Windshield, Carpet Crawlers, Cinema Show (with horrible
> visuals), Entangled, second half of Supper's Ready and Los Endos.

According to 'Record Collector' magazine, the band hated the film so
much that during the '80's, it only got an official release on VHS in
Uraguay, although it was released in 1992 in Japan on Laserdisc.

Pete

Oct 16, 2009, 2:05:59 PM10/16/09

"jonny" <jo...@dontmailme.org> wrote in message

Interesting, so it was a different film to Genesis In Concert then?
Shame it only got released in Uruguay and Japan.

jonny

Oct 16, 2009, 3:23:38 PM10/16/09
Pete wrote:
> "jonny" <jo...@dontmailme.org> wrote in message
>> Mark Rae wrote:
>>> "Pete" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

>>> No they didn't - they played "Genesis In Concert 1976": I Know What I
>>> Like, Fly on a Windshield, Carpet Crawlers, Cinema Show (with horrible
>>> visuals), Entangled, second half of Supper's Ready and Los Endos.
>> According to 'Record Collector' magazine, the band hated the film so much
>> that during the '80's, it only got an official release on VHS in Uruguay,
>> although it was released in 1992 in Japan on Laserdisc.
>
> Interesting, so it was a different film to Genesis In Concert then?
> Shame it only got released in Uruguay and Japan.

It was filmed in 1976, on the 'Trick Of The Tail' tour in Glasgow and
Stafford and featured Bill Bruford on Drums, and was released in January
1977, 10 months before the 'Seconds Out' live album.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0295278/

The 'Seconds Out' Live album was recorded on the 'Wind and Wuthering'
tour in '77 with Chester Thompson on drums, and as far as I am aware,
this was not official filmed and no footage was used in the 'Genesis - A
band in Concert' film

Pete

Oct 16, 2009, 6:23:53 PM10/16/09

"jonny" <jo...@dontmailme.org> wrote in message

This is kind of intriguing. I remember the concert lighting from the film to
be identical to the front cover of seconds out and I'm pretty sure Chester
was on drums -He & Phil did the dual drum thing on Dance on a Volcano in the
film. Pretty sure anyways but I suppose the mind can play tricks after 30
years but the lighting was identical to the pics for Seconds Out.

Paul Westcott

Oct 16, 2009, 7:29:33 PM10/16/09
Pete wrote:
> jonny wrote in message

>> It was filmed in 1976, on the 'Trick Of The Tail' tour in Glasgow and
>> Stafford and featured Bill Bruford on Drums, and was released in January
>> 1977, 10 months before the 'Seconds Out' live album.
>>
>> http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0295278/
>>
>> The 'Seconds Out' Live album was recorded on the 'Wind and Wuthering' tour
>> in '77 with Chester Thompson on drums, and as far as I am aware, this was
>> not official filmed and no footage was used in the 'Genesis - A band in
>> Concert' film
>
> This is kind of intriguing. I remember the concert lighting from the film to
> be identical to the front cover of seconds out and I'm pretty sure Chester
> was on drums -He & Phil did the dual drum thing on Dance on a Volcano in the
> film. Pretty sure anyways but I suppose the mind can play tricks after 30
> years but the lighting was identical to the pics for Seconds Out.

Various sections of the film can be seen on You Tube of course, e.g.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FFgpcYHQzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU2bOYiBX28

Paul Westcott

Rob van der Putten

Oct 17, 2009, 6:04:00 AM10/17/09
Hi there

jonny wrote:

> It was filmed in 1976, on the 'Trick Of The Tail' tour in Glasgow and
> Stafford and featured Bill Bruford on Drums, and was released in January
> 1977, 10 months before the 'Seconds Out' live album.
>
> http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0295278/
>
> The 'Seconds Out' Live album was recorded on the 'Wind and Wuthering'
> tour in '77 with Chester Thompson on drums, and as far as I am aware,
> this was not official filmed and no footage was used in the 'Genesis - A
> band in Concert' film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis:_A_Band_in_Concert

Song list

1. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
2. Fly on a Windshield (Part 2)
3. The Carpet Crawlers
4. The Cinema Show (Part 2)
5. Entangled
6. Supper's Ready (Part 2)
7. Los Endos

It is available on DVD.
The image quality is not to good.

Regards,
Rob
--
There are 730 days until Central Registry IPv4 address exhaustion.

Pete

Oct 17, 2009, 3:40:55 PM10/17/09

"Paul Westcott" <p_gwe...@REMOVETOREPLYoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message

I watched those clips deffo not what I saw at the flicks-deffo Chester
Thompson playing, but thanks for the links-enjoyed watching them

Chuck

Oct 21, 2009, 8:59:20 AM10/21/09
On Oct 16, 8:45�am, "Pete" <m...@here.com> wrote:

I remember seeing this in a movie theatre around 1981. It was playing
with Neil Young's Rust never whatever. Remember, this was pre VCR, DVD
You Tube.................... to see the guys on a big screen was
great. However, it was frustrating......... ie: apocalypse in 9/8 was
half bombs being dropped instead of Tony's fingers and Bill and Phil's
drums. Ugggh! You can see all of this on You Tube now, BTW.
CB

Erian

Jan 15, 2010, 2:09:14 AM1/15/10

"Pete" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

You can get it here along with about a zillion other Genesis videos and
music tracks

http://torrent.genesis-movement.org/

Erian.

jon.dun...@travisperkins.co.uk

Aug 9, 2016, 10:07:52 AM8/9/16
Just came across this !!! I saw it at the 1976 In Concert film in Leicester. It was on with The Incredible Hulk movie in the 1980's !!!

--

*This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the addressee only. If you have received this message in error,
you must not copy, distribute or disclose the contents; please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message.This message is attributed to the
sender and may not necessarily reflect the view of Travis Perkins Trading
Company Limited, 733503, Lodge Way House, Lodge Way, Harlestone Road,
Northampton, NN5 7UG or its parent company Travis Perkins plc (Registered
in England No. 824821; Lodge Way House, Lodge Way, Harlestone Road,
Northampton, NN5 7UG; VAT number 408556737) and any of its subsidiaries.
Agreements binding Travis Perkins Trading Company Limited may not be
concluded by means of e-mail communication.E-mail transmissions are not
secure and Travis Perkins Trading accepts no responsibility for changes
made to this message after it was sent. Whilst steps have been taken to
ensure that this message is virus free, Travis Perkins Trading accepts no
liability for infection and recommends that you scan this e-mail and any
attachments.*