I saw Peter Gabriel for the 8th time last week in Toronto

Chairman Priebus

Sep 28, 2012, 11:52:42 PM9/28/12
He's still not boring.

Chairman Priebus

Sep 28, 2012, 11:54:01 PM9/28/12
On Sep 28, 11:52 pm, Chairman Priebus <random_chao...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> He's still not boring.

Meanwhile, my colleague listens to Phil on his headset and the
children complain!

Chairman Priebus

Sep 29, 2012, 12:03:46 AM9/29/12
On Sep 28, 11:54 pm, Chairman Priebus <random_chao...@yahoo.com>
My first Genesis show was in 1972.

They opened for Lou Reed at Massey Hall in Toronto.

I used to go to Genesis and Peter Gabriel shows and watch the opening
acts.

Then I ignored the opening acts and showed up late.

I don't do that anymore.

Over at Nimbus 9 studios in Toronto back in 1976. These are the
pictures of making his first album with Bob Ezrin.

http://synergy-emusic.com/petergabrielpix/pg1/pg1pix.htm

In 1976, The Ramones played Toronto and Peter Gabriel saw the show.

He said "It's all shit".

He was wrong, and he was too early to know.

He's a different man now.

Will Dockery

Jun 9, 2016, 8:50:15 PM6/9/16
A lot of people seem to have been there, Genesis wwith Lou reed, wow.

On Saturday, March 1, 2008 at 12:22:41 AM UTC-5, Bart Simpson wrote:

> I became a member of "the Moon Club" yesterday.
>
> It's Peter Gabriel's on-line club.
>
> Shit, the first time I saw Peter Gabriel was when his act Genesis opened for
> Lou Reed at Toronto's Massey Hall back in 1972. I was a kid.
>
> My brother dragged his kid brother (me) down there to see Lou Reed!
>
> It's great having an older brother!

I am stunned to learn that Peter Gabriel and band opened for Lou Reed.

I read a brief mention of this in the Peter Gabriel biography "Without Frontiers", and looked it up here for details.

Zounds, the mind boggles.

:)