Looking for name of Genesis (PC?) Theme Song from 1980's TV show

j...@schmo.com

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
Hello,

I'm looking for the name of a Genesis (PC?) Theme Song from 1980's TV
show. I believe there were two main characters, one black, one white.
Both characters were policemen (or something) and I believe the show
was set in the Western US (San Fran?).

I believe some lines were "Cause I've got a name, and I've got a
number...."

I know this is not much to go on , but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Ed

intr...@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca [remove the nospam to mail...]

Jim

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
That would be "Just a Job To Do" off of the self-titled Genesis album.
Don't recall that show though...

SMACCIO

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
"I'll take Useless '80s trivia for $200, Alex." It was either called the
Insiders or Outsiders, I think. The glamorizing of investigative reporters,
what a great idea.

Scott

>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for the name of a Genesis (PC?) Theme Song from 1980's TV
>show. I believe there were two main characters, one black, one white.
>Both characters were policemen (or something) and I believe the show
>was set in the Western US (San Fran?).
>
>I believe some lines were "Cause I've got a name, and I've got a
>number...."
>
>I know this is not much to go on , but any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>
>Ed
>
>intr...@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca [remove the nospam to mail...]

"When I try to sleep at night, I can only dream in red...the outside world is
black and white with only one color dead."
-Peter Gabriel
Check out my site at: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/3614/

Paul Barrie

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99

j...@schmo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for the name of a Genesis (PC?) Theme Song from 1980's TV
> show. I believe there were two main characters, one black, one white.
> Both characters were policemen (or something) and I believe the show
> was set in the Western US (San Fran?).
>
> I believe some lines were "Cause I've got a name, and I've got a
> number...."
>
> I know this is not much to go on , but any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
>
> Ed
>
> intr...@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca [remove the nospam to mail...]

I believe that would be "Just a Job to Do" from the 'Genesis' album of
around 83

jgwi...@mindspring.com

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
Song is "Just A Job To Do" from the Genesis album, but from your show
description, it sounds like you're associating the tune with Phil's 2
appearances on the show Miami Vice.

--

Peace!

Axxeman
<j...@schmo.com> wrote in message

GWU Alum

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
I'm shocked that anyone even vaguely remembers the existence of this show. The
opening and closing credits used the so "Just A Job To Do" but unfortunately
the power of Genesis couldn't will this show to life.
Here's what I remember. The show was on ABC in the States and was called
either "The Insiders" or something extremely similar. The show was about this
investigative newspaper reporter who dug up dirt on bad folks and either took
them down covertly or exposed them in the papers. His sidekick was an ex-con
who did some of the dirty work that he couldn't or something like that. If I
remember correctly the show didn't even last a full season. I think it was a
mid-season replacement and didn't even survive to the following season.

-- Damon

intr...@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
Thanks again for your feedback...now I just have to find it....; )

intr...@nospam.nf.sympatico.ca

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
Thanks for your help, gang.

Allen Szany

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
That s Genesis and the song, is Just a Job to do!

Thank You much
Daddy Drummer
http://community.webtv.net/DaddyDrummer/Layingmyheartonthe

BoB

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99

GWU Alum wrote in message <19991105224913...@ng-ce1.aol.com>...

>I'm shocked that anyone even vaguely remembers the existence of this show.
The
>opening and closing credits used the so "Just A Job To Do" but
unfortunately
>the power of Genesis couldn't will this show to life.
>Here's what I remember. The show was on ABC in the States and was called
>either "The Insiders" or something extremely similar. The show was about
this
>investigative newspaper reporter who dug up dirt on bad folks and either
took
>them down covertly or exposed them in the papers. His sidekick was an
ex-con
>who did some of the dirty work that he couldn't or something like that. If
>remember correctly the show didn't even last a full season. I think it was

>mid-season replacement and didn't even survive to the following season.
>
>-- Damon

if you're shocked that anyone vaguely remembered the show, where did you
recall it from then ;-)

BoB

Neil McLure

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
I reckon you mean "Inside Out" from PC's "No Jacket .." . It was a BBC2
programme .. I never saw it really

You mislead everyone by quoting from "Just a job" which no-one would use for
a TV theme methinks.

LMDARLING

Nov 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/6/99
In article <801cl2$dg4$1...@nclient11-gui.server.virgin.net>, "Neil McLure"
<neil....@virgin.net> writes:

> reckon you mean "Inside Out" from PC's "No Jacket .." . It was a BBC2
>programme .. I never saw it really
>
>You mislead everyone by quoting from "Just a job" which no-one would use for
>a TV theme methinks.

No, the other posters were right. Just A Job was used as a theme for a
short-running US series some years back (the Outsiders) which was about an
investigative reporter with a more streetwise sidekick. It ran about one
season, I think. I remember that show, and the lead actor showed up in a few
more series in later years. Hmm, I may even have an episode on tape somewhere
in the piles of video tapes -- I like buddy series.

RedCora...@yahoo.com

Jul 22, 2019, 10:16:38 PM7/22/19
On Friday, November 5, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, j...@schmo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for the name of a Genesis (PC?) Theme Song from 1980's TV
> show. I believe there were two main characters, one black, one white.
> Both characters were policemen (or something) and I believe the show
> was set in the Western US (San Fran?).
>
> I believe some lines were "Cause I've got a name, and I've got a
> number...."
>
> I know this is not much to go on , but any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

The show was called 'The Insiders' that aired on ABC from September 25, 1985 until June 2, 1986. starring Nicholas Campbell, Stoney Jackson and Gail Strickland.
Opening theme‎: ‎"‎Just A Job To Do‎" by Genesis.
What a great show, still can't believe it didn't last as long as it did.