Help Needed: Red Seven?

Sean

Feb 2, 2006, 10:25:18 PM2/2/06
Hi all,

I'm looking for some information on a musical group from the 1980s that had
a Genesis connection of some sort.

I *think* the band was Red Seven?

The song I'm humming in my head I *think* is called Relentless?

Anyone tell me if I'm on the right track, and where I'd find an mp3 or two?

Thanks, Sean

Nigel Reed

Feb 2, 2006, 10:40:02 PM2/2/06

Try using Limewire or BitTorrent. Red Seven released Relentless in about
86, you can also try looking for Heartbeat and Big Boys (Talk Tuff)

Regards
Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" --Adam Savage.

Sean

Feb 3, 2006, 12:05:06 AM2/3/06
Thanks, Nigel. I have tried Limewire, Bit Torrent sites, even Amazon and
eBay. It's like this band did not exist!

Just out of curiosity, is Relentless also the title of the album?

"Nigel Reed" <s...@www.nelgin.nu-slash-qconfirm.html.invalid> wrote in
message news:3mvab3-...@wibble.nelgin.nu...

Nigel Reed

Feb 3, 2006, 12:50:01 AM2/3/06
Sean <sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Nigel. I have tried Limewire, Bit Torrent sites, even Amazon and
> eBay. It's like this band did not exist!

> Just out of curiosity, is Relentless also the title of the album?

First album is called "Red 7" from '85 and the 2nd from '89 or something
like that is "When the Sun Goes Down". Relentless is on the first.

Look for them as "Red 7"

samtmki

Feb 3, 2006, 7:10:18 AM2/3/06
Yes, Mike Rutherford produced their album. Haven't been able to find it
digital. I wore out my turntable years ago and didn't replace it, so
eventually the LPs went away too. Somewhere I still have a stray song or
two on cassette.

JonDown

Feb 3, 2006, 8:27:01 AM2/3/06

"Sean" <sh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The very rare album was called Red 7 by Red 7, produced by Mike Rutherford.
He also played Bass on some tracks & even sang in the 'Choir' on The Way.

Red 7 ... Red 7 in the US 1985 MCA MCA-5508.

Good luck finding that :-)

Details:

Relentless 3:58A. Prieboy
The Dark Hour 4:37G. Stashuk-M. Becker-B. Spark
Heartbeat 4:17G. Stashuk-M. Becker
Questions and Answers 4:09G. Stashuk-M. Becker
No Sorry 3:24
Let Me Use You 3:35
Less Than Perfect 4:12
Shades of Grey 4:12
The Way 5:09
Can't Much Anymore 5:02

Gene Stashuk: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Michael Becker: Keyboards, Background Vocals
Paul Revelli: Drums, Background Vocals

Produced by Mike Rutherford
Co-Produced by Don Gehman
Engineered by David Tickle
Assisted by Geoff Callingham, Ian Morace, Peter Smith

Recorded and Mixed at Fisher Lane Farm, Surrey, England
Mixed by Don Gehman at Rumbo Records Los Angeles California Engineered by
Don Gehman, Greg Edward
Assisted by Greg Droman, Julian Stoll
Mastered at Artisan Sound Studio, Hollywood California by Greg Fulginiti
Bass on 'No Sorry,' 'Can't Much,' 'Less Than Perfect' and 'Heartbeat' Mike
Rutherford
Fairlight programmed by David Tickle
Choir on 'The Way' Anne Wenzel Banks, Samantha Clayden, Clare Newman,
Caroline Garnett, Andy Barclay, Dale Newman, Geoff Callingham, David Tickle,
Mike Rutherford
Art Direction: Jeff Adamoff

Hope that helps your relentless search :-)

Lamblies~

JonDown

Feb 3, 2006, 8:31:40 AM2/3/06

"Sean" <sh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bxBEf.331$aQ...@fe22.lga...

> Thanks, Nigel. I have tried Limewire, Bit Torrent sites, even Amazon and
> eBay. It's like this band did not exist!
>
> Just out of curiosity, is Relentless also the title of the album?

No Red 7 was the self titled album...look for a cover with a large red
stripy 7 on a black background.

Lamblies~

Halmyre

Feb 3, 2006, 3:10:32 PM2/3/06
Nigel Reed wrote:
> Sean <sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm looking for some information on a musical group from the 1980s that had
>>a Genesis connection of some sort.
>>
>>I *think* the band was Red Seven?
>>
>>The song I'm humming in my head I *think* is called Relentless?
>>
>>Anyone tell me if I'm on the right track, and where I'd find an mp3 or two?
>

> Try using Limewire or BitTorrent. Red Seven released Relentless in about
> 86, you can also try looking for Heartbeat and Big Boys (Talk Tuff)

'Heartbeat' - that's the song from the film 'Manhunter'?

--
Halmyre

DetroitDerek

Mar 29, 2006, 2:00:57 PM3/29/06
I am looking for the same thing. here's the info I know:

The song you are looking for is on their first album ( called Red 7 ) . It
is available on cassette and vinyl only and you can find a few people that
have it on ebay. Their 2nd album WAS available on cd and is called When
the sun goes down. It's good but not at the same level as the 1st one.
Gene Stashuk was the writer and the only article I could find about the
was www.ghostland.com/ghostland/interviews.asp?ID=23

DetroitDerek

Mar 29, 2006, 2:18:30 PM3/29/06

jor...@montclair.edu

Jul 14, 2017, 10:21:37 AM7/14/17
Speaking of relentless search - What is B.Spark's first name on the writing credits of The Dark Hour?

Many thanks!

Rink

Dec 22, 2017, 3:54:00 PM12/22/17
Op 14-7-2017 om 16:21 schreef jor...@montclair.edu:
> On Friday, February 3, 2006 at 8:27:01 AM UTC-5, JonDown wrote:
>> "Sean" <sh...@hotmail.com> wrote ...
Information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_7

Full album Red 7 on YouTube: