may '97 burbank setlist

TNV9737

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Here's what I got from 2 different sources on the Friday set list( one of
them was a member of the U.S.C. marching band--she was there all 3 nites)

1). THE CHAIN
2). DREAMS
3). EVERYWHERE
4). GOLD DUST WOMAN
5). I'M SO AFRAID
6). TEMPORARY ONE( new tune from Christine---very upbeat said source)
7). BLEED TO LOVE YOU(new tune/ destined for Lindsey's next solo c.d)
8). GYPSY
9). BIG LOVE(L.B. by himself on acoustic guitar, very cool!!!)
10). GO INSANE( same as above)
11). LANDSLIDE(just Lindsey & Stevie)
12). SAY U LOVE ME(Lindsey on banjo--really unplugged)
13). YOU MAKE LOVIN' FUN
14). MY LITTLE DEMON(another new one from Mr. Buckingham)
15). SILVER SPRINGS(finally, they did this one live---awesome)
16). OVER MY HEAD
17). RHIANNON(I guess they had to redo this one several times)
18).SWEET GIRL(new one from the birthday girl--Stevie Nicks)
19). GO YOUR OWN WAY

ENCORES:
20). TUSK(with the entire USC band)
21). DON'T STOP(again with entire USC band)
22). SONGBIRD

Now, this source in the band also thinks that the Mac might have done
SARA & maybe LITTLE LIES while they were backstage waiting to go
on...she's not quite sure.... hope this helps..............pnv

EBuckheit

May 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/29/97

So gang, is the joke on us? What happened to the three titles we were
tossing around a few months ago (Forbidden, Shadows of Love, and the other
one I forgot the name of... or did we have the right songs and wrong
titles?)

Steve Denison

May 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/29/97

Hmmmm, reminds me of back in '76, reading an article in a now defunct
magazine regarding the recording of Rumours...by the time the album was
released about 4 months later, only 1/2 the titles were right.
(Including the title of the album itself...which they said was going to
be "Yesterday's Gone")

"Yesterday's Gone" (Don't Stop)
"...as yet untitled scorcher with vaguely pornographic lyrics.." (my
guess: "Second Hand News")
"Walking on Down the Line" (I Don't Want to Know)
"Been Down One Time" (Never Going Back Again)
"For You" (Songbird)

CLMoon

May 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/29/97

ebuc...@aol.com (EBuckheit) wrote:

>So gang, is the joke on us? What happened to the three titles we were
>tossing around a few months ago (Forbidden, Shadows of Love, and the other
>one I forgot the name of... or did we have the right songs and wrong
>titles?)

Those song titles came from a post to AOL apparently from a Warners
employee who had attended the April 18th rehearsal.

He posted that he'd gotten a set list from off of the stage.

Smacdoug

May 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/30/97

In article <338DA8...@qmbridge.calstate.edu>, Steve Denison
<steve_...@qmbridge.calstate.edu> writes:

>(Including the title of the album itself...which they said was going to
>be "Yesterday's Gone")
>
>"Yesterday's Gone" (Don't Stop)
>"...as yet untitled scorcher with vaguely pornographic lyrics.." (my
>guess: "Second Hand News")
>"Walking on Down the Line" (I Don't Want to Know)
>"Been Down One Time" (Never Going Back Again)
>"For You" (Songbird)

In the mags defense, FM changed the title at the last minute. I'm still
amazed at how people still screw up "Songbird". I've seen it often
mentioned as "For You". At first I thought, is this a new song, and what
happened to Songbird??? Then it hit me.

Steve MacDougall
Fleetwood Mac - http://homepages.udayton.edu/~macdouse/fmac
Dave Mason - http://homepages.udayton.edu/~macdouse/mason