Diploid complement of "Nobody's Moggy Lands"

Joel Polowin

Jul 3, 2017, 2:27:44 PM7/3/17
One evening at Contata, someone sang Bob Kanefsky's "Nobody's
Moggy Lands". After that, I announced that I had two possible
followers, both somewhat regrettable. The "more regrettable"
was the stronger follower. I asked which people would prefer to
hear. Consensus was for the "more regrettable".

So. The diploid complement of "Nobody's Moggy Lands"; that is,
they have the same parents, but each got the genes that the other
didn't.

Necessarily, the title is "No Man Now".
To: "Nobody's Moggie Now" via "No Man's Land", both by Eric Bogle

Somebody's Willie, lying in the dirt
Somebody's Willie, feeling mighty hurt
Someone's favorite private, who ran clean out of luck
When he heard them yell "Incoming!" but was much too slow to duck

Yesterday he hopped and skipped in a pussy paradise
Taking heads from maidens and avoiding AIDS and lice
Now he's six-foot-six who's lost a six and don't look very nice
He's nobody's Willie now.

If you love your Willie, be sure to keep him in
Don't let him argue with a shell, the shell is bound to win
His head should stay down in a hole, as cozy as a hobbit
Or like your favorite filk, someone will come along and Bob it

If he plays on the battleground I'm afraid it won't be long
(You prob'ly wish the same thing could be said about this song)
And soon the funeral bells will all be caroling "ding-dong"
It's much too late for Demerol
His pride and joy's a-femoral
He's nobody's Willie now.

---
http://www.avg.com

Kay Shapero

Jul 7, 2017, 2:40:42 AM7/7/17
In article <794f871d-ad3c-19fa...@sympatico.ca>,
jpol...@sympatico.ca says...

> One evening at Contata, someone sang Bob Kanefsky's "Nobody's
> Moggy Lands". After that, I announced that I had two possible
> followers, both somewhat regrettable. The "more regrettable"
> was the stronger follower. I asked which people would prefer to
> hear. Consensus was for the "more regrettable".
>
> So. The diploid complement of "Nobody's Moggy Lands"; that is,
> they have the same parents, but each got the genes that the other
> didn't.
>
> Necessarily, the title is "No Man Now".
> To: "Nobody's Moggie Now" via "No Man's Land", both by Eric Bogle

Snerk.....