Marshall Mathers (The song) lyric question!!!

Stu

Jul 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/16/00
Hi all

The following is from the track, Marshall Mathers:-

"Which is it bitch Mrs. Riggs or Ms. Mathers
It doesn't matter........faggot"

Is the pause in the lyrics meant because he just wants to emphasize that he
doesn't really like him much!!, or has it been cut out late in the
production process for legal reasons??

I think the latter is right, so my question, people, is what the hell are
the missing words???

Cheers

Daniel Costa

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00
i heard this from someone else in the group, it kinda matches, you make the
cool

> "Which is it bitch Mrs. Riggs or Ms. Mathers
> It doesn't matter........faggot"

"Which is it bitch Mrs. Riggs or Ms. Mathers

It doesn't matter, Mr. Riggs a faggot"

that might be it

Peace!

Vorsuc

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00

Daniel Costa <robz...@internet.look.ca> wrote in message

more than likely it isn't.... especially being it's Briggs ..

It's really pissing me off when people just guess at this shit instead of
holding up their hands and saying "i dunno"

It was cut, (we think) for legal reasons, and most likely sounds like a dig
at Em's step father. Of course for all we know, it might be "cause I'm a.. "

Anyone got a copy of the uncensored version ? early mp3 on napster perhaps ?

V.
=================================
"You have met a TRUE Vampire,
not some wannabe like "Vorsuc" (he is,
trust me), and that scares you.....
- Chris, ic...@rcn.com
=================================

Dave

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00
go to www.farmclub.com, u can download a live performance of Marshall
Mathers, he cleary says, "Which is it bitch, Mrs. Briggs or Mrs. Mathers? It
doesn't matter, your attorney Fred Gibbs is a faggot"

Daniel Costa

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
Dude, why would he say hes a faggot when you hates the shit outta them. the
only thing it can be, is the way i said it before. I heard it was that on
this NG by someone that heard it at the concert.

Peace!

"Vorsuc" <vor...@ravensroost100.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Tom Hawley

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00

Which he obviously inserted in the live performance to replace the real
original lyrics which he obviously can't say for legal reasons, which as
many people have said many times now, in many threads, relate to his
stepfather.

Vorsuc

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
Tom Hawley <onio...@which.net> wrote in message

Right, and I hang on Newsgroups where people claim to be centuries old,
drink blood and kill people for fun, guess I should believe them too.

Why would he substitute lyrics in a LIVE performance ? The ONLY reason the
lyrics are BLEEPED is because the RECORD company doesn't want a law suit. If
Eminem didn't want the law suit, he'd change the lyrics to something that
COULD be put on the album, but he didn't hence, he doesn't give a shit, but
the record company do.

If that's how he sings it live, I'd pretty much be certain that's whatthe
lyrics are supposed to be.

OSU Dude 2K

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00

on his performance of Marshall Mathers on Farmclub.com, here is what he said:

"which is it bitch, mrs. briggs or ms. mathers?
it doesn't matter your attourney ___ Biggs is a faggot"

the reason i left a ____ is because i can't remember for the life of me what
her attourney's first name is...it's a one-syllable name like Ron or
something..but i forget

Tom Hawley

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
> Why would he substitute lyrics in a LIVE performance ? The ONLY reason the
> lyrics are BLEEPED is because the RECORD company doesn't want a law suit.
If
> Eminem didn't want the law suit, he'd change the lyrics to something that
> COULD be put on the album, but he didn't hence, he doesn't give a shit,
but
> the record company do.
>
> If that's how he sings it live, I'd pretty much be certain that's whatthe
> lyrics are supposed to be.

I suppose you may be right, but he's substituted plenty of lyrics in the
past in live performances.

psavage

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00

> >Why would he substitute lyrics in a LIVE performance ? The ONLY reason
the
lyrics are BLEEPED is because the RECORD company doesn't want a law suit.>>
He's right. Think about it this way:
What's more likely to bring on a heavy law suit?
a) Calling your stepdad a faggot
b) Calling your mum's attourney a faggot
Option a might bring on a law suit, but no way near as bad as option b

Daniel Costa

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
I just listened to it and made it out to be Jeff Biggs.

Peace!

"OSU Dude 2K" <osud...@aol.com> wrote in message

Aquilla100

Jul 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/20/00
>>Which he obviously inserted in the live performance to replace the real
original lyrics which he obviously can't say for legal reasons, which as
many people have said many times now, in many threads, relate to his
stepfather.>>

That's what i was thinking....

Aquilla100

Jul 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/20/00
>>he's substituted plenty of lyrics in the
past in live performances.>>

Yep.

craigfri...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2016, 12:33:38 AM2/4/16
He says your attorney "first" and "last name" is a faggot.
Talkin about I fabricated my past he's just aggrivated I won't ejaculate in his ass.

Dude dissed a lawsuit lawyer that represents his mom....so needless to say the label blanked it out.

craigfri...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2016, 12:35:01 AM2/4/16
Your attorney fred gibson a faggot was the original explicit lyric

matt.sc...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2020, 3:31:38 PM1/21/20
I don’t think it is “your attorney Fred isn’t a faggot.” I heard it was “my fucken stepdad is a faggot.” And he had to take out because he was going to sue over it. He talks about all his family suing him the whole song.

edomedo...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2020, 7:17:01 PM6/27/20
It's fred gibson
Message has been deleted