dIRE sTRAITS DRUMMER

Azrael

Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98

TERRY WILLIAMS, THE BEST dIRE sTRAITS DRUMMER, WE DON'T FORGET YOU !!!!!!!!
GET WELL AND GOOD LUCK WITH MAN !!!!!!!

Stephan Naro

Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98

Why do you keep posting this message here?

Is Terry sick?

Christian Bollmeyer

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Stephan Naro schrieb in Nachricht <34C0FA74...@online.no>...

You're wrong. The best drummer was Jeff Porcaro, who died shortly
before the start of the 'On Every Street' tour by heart attack at the
age of around 30. This man was a genius and had also played for Toto
many years until his death in 1992. Btw, I met Pick Withers in a local
pub a couple of months ago. Played his own stuff, then, but also
told me that he'd never earned as much money as with Dire Straits.
What does this tell us? I don't know.

Cheers,

Armalite.

Cataldi Stéphane

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Christian Bollmeyer <boll...@metronet.de> wrote:

> You're wrong. The best drummer was Jeff Porcaro, who died shortly
> before the start of the 'On Every Street' tour by heart attack at the
> age of around 30. This man was a genius and had also played for Toto
> many years until his death in 1992.

He died during the on every street tour. He refused to turn with Dire
Straits because he had to finish an album with Toto... Bad idea :-((.
He only played a couple of songs on OES (Calling Elvis and My Parties),
most were played by Manu Katché, a great french drummer who played for
Peter Gabriel during his last tour.

Cataldi Stéphane

Keith slowmo

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

the question remains....is something wrong with terry williams?

Christian Bollmeyer wrote in message <69u6p9$s08$1...@news.metronet.de>...

>Stephan Naro schrieb in Nachricht <34C0FA74...@online.no>...
>>Why do you keep posting this message here?
>>
>>Is Terry sick?
>>

>>> TERRY WILLIAMS, THE BEST dIRE sTRAITS DRUMMER, WE DON'T FORGET YOU
>>> !!!!!!!!
>>> GET WELL AND GOOD LUCK WITH MAN !!!!!!!
>

>You're wrong. The best drummer was Jeff Porcaro, who died shortly
>before the start of the 'On Every Street' tour by heart attack at the
>age of around 30. This man was a genius and had also played for Toto

Armalite

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Keith slowmo wrote <6a180u$6...@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>...

>the question remains....is something wrong with terry williams?

Not that I know, and hopefully he's sound and safe. Wouldn't
take the message in question too serious, as at least the
second sentence strikes me as kind of weird. But as I'm
not a native English speaker, probably someone could tell me
if the phrase "GOOD LUCK WITH MAN" has any special
meaning.

Cataldi is right, of course. Manu Katche is a great drummer,
and I love OES. Guess I was the first one in my town who
had it, 2 hours before the shops opened that September '91.
Those were better days!

Armalite.

boll...@metronet.de

Azrael

Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98

MAN is the Terry Williams band.
MAN is playing again !!!!!!!
He played since 1970 to 1977 with MAN.
At the present time, he is still in touch with them...
But there's a new drummer with them...