Lorelei

Mstsuzanne

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

Can anyone give me information about her and her relationship with Steve? At
the time of my greatest interest in the band no steady girlfriends were
mentioned. The VH1 special was the first I'd heard of her...she's beautiful,
isn't she? When did they begin dating, how did they meet, were they still
together when he passed, etc? What does she do? E-mail me or post here (if
others are interested.)

Thanks and cheers!
Suzanne

Zeff Hyde

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

second that!!!! lorelei is fine!!! :P~ as big a lepp fan as i
have been for the last 17 years, i had not seen any interviews of the
guys 'chicks'. only a few scattered photos! seeing her on the tv
screen..... *sigh*

-ZEFF

Maureen

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

Now I am really sorry that I was not able to watch the VH-1 special.....I
haven't heard anything about Larelei....nor even seen any pictures of her.
Even though many had said there really wasn't much "new" news, I guess there
was just enough that was new to give the Lep fans watching something
new....that plus the footage of Rick and his family.....I would have love to
have seen his daughter....going to be 2 now isn't she?

If you find anyone who happened to have recorded the special.....I would be
more than willing to pay the price of the tape and the postage to get a
copy.....

Thanks....

moore

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

I know she did some modeling (don't know if that was her vocation). They
dated 3+ years (can't find the articles I have that mention her). Meet
either at a concert (through a friend), at a party, or at a party after a
concert. Not exactly sure, read conflicting items about how they met, so
they may all be false. They were dating when he died and she was the one
who found him dead in the living room the morning of his death (haven't
seen the VH1 special so I don't know if the guys in Def Leppard changed
this story or added to it).
Mstsuzanne <mstsu...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199807010418...@ladder01.news.aol.com>

> Can anyone give me information about her and her relationship with Steve?

slm...@netcom.ca

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

I don't think Lorelei was the important one... it was Janie Dean to whom
Steve was engaged when he died, and it was Janie that found him dead. He
hadn't seen Lorelei romantically for about a year preceding his death.

I'd love to know what happened to Janie, if anyone knows. I know she
planned on fighting the Clarks for the house in Chelsea.

Lisa (Halifax, NS)
--

To reply, remove spam guard from eMail address.

slm...@netcom.ca

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98
to moore

moore wrote:

> I know she did some modeling (don't know if that was her vocation). They
> dated 3+ years (can't find the articles I have that mention her). Meet
> either at a concert (through a friend), at a party, or at a party after a
> concert. Not exactly sure, read conflicting items about how they met, so
> they may all be false. They were dating when he died and she was the one
> who found him dead in the living room the morning of his death (haven't
> seen the VH1 special so I don't know if the guys in Def Leppard changed
> this story or added to it).

It was not Lorelei that found Steve dead; it was Janie Dean of somewhere
in Florida (see my post above).

Mstsuzanne

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

In article <359BD9...@netcom.ca>, "slm...@netcom.ca" <slm...@netcom.ca>
writes:

>I don't think Lorelei was the important one... it was Janie Dean to whom
>Steve was engaged when he died, and it was Janie that found him dead. He
>hadn't seen Lorelei romantically for about a year preceding his death.
>
>I'd love to know what happened to Janie, if anyone knows. I know she
>planned on fighting the Clarks for the house in Chelsea.
>
>Lisa (Halifax, NS)

Where do you get your info? I'd like to know about these two relationships.
Thanks much!

Cheers!

moore

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Would that be Janie Dean of Vero Beach, Florida?

slm...@netcom.ca wrote in article <359BD9...@netcom.ca>...

slm...@netcom.ca

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

moore wrote:

> Would that be Janie Dean of Vero Beach, Florida?

That would be her, if her dad sells used cars for a living (or did in
late '80s/early '90s)... I know she is from Florida but I didn't know
from which town or city. Do you have any info?

moore

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

slm...@netcom.ca wrote in article <359CED...@netcom.ca>...

> That would be her, if her dad sells used cars for a living (or did in
> late '80s/early '90s)... I know she is from Florida but I didn't know
> from which town or city. Do you have any info?
Yes, they have a chevy dealership in Vero Beach in her name. Don't know
if she is part of the car dealership or not. Heard the following items
over the years:
1. she co-owns the dealership
2. the dealership is hers
3. she moved to another part of Florida (Gainsville, I think)
4. heard that Steve's family didn't care for her and even some of the Leps
didn't get along with her. This may explain why she wasn't mentioned on
the VH1 special (which I haven't seen yet) and the fight over the house in
Chelsea (which I hadn't heard until you mentioned it)
When I mentioned Lorelei finding Steve and still seeing him, I was going
by one of the articles I had. One just said "girlfriend," the other stated
"Lorelei" specifically as being the one to find him, but they may have just
assumed if they knew he had been dating Lorelei.
As far as the Steve, Lorelei, Janie thing, I read/heard the following:
1. Steve and Lorelei broke-up, but around the time of his problems, they
were in touch.
2. As stated above, some were not happy with Steve and Janie's relationship
and they began having problems.
3. Janie was pushing Steve to marry her, but they weren't engaged.
4. Someone he was involved with (probably Janie) wanted a settlement.
Don't ask me what for, never really stated.
5. Steve was engaged, but no ones name was mentioned.
6. He and Janie were on the outs.
One thing I've learned is you have to take what the media says, as well as
the people involved, with a "grain of salt." As I expressed in my other
post, you can hear conflicting reports, so all may be false. Even if you
hear/see it coming from someones mouth (ie. a member of Def Leppard), they
may be lying because they want the privacy. I understand this, though I
rather they say nothing at all then lie. I don't get articles/information
for the personal stuff, I search for music relevant info and the personal
stuff happens to be included sometime, which may explain the false, wrong,
confusing, conflicting statements.
This is a totally unrealated subject, what is a spam guard (I know it's to
block unwanted email, but specifically what is it) and how do you remove
it? I've seen this before and am clueless.

> To reply, remove spam guard from eMail address.
Thanks!

slm...@xnetcom.ca

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

moore wrote:
(snip)

> As far as the Steve, Lorelei, Janie thing, I read/heard the following:

> 1. Steve and Lorelei broke up, but around the time of his problems, they

> were in touch.
> 2. As stated above, some were not happy with Steve and Janie's relationship
> and they began having problems.
> 3. Janie was pushing Steve to marry her, but they weren't engaged.
> 4. Someone he was involved with (probably Janie) wanted a settlement.
> Don't ask me what for, never really stated.

> 5. Steve was engaged, but no one's name was mentioned.

> 6. He and Janie were on the outs.
> One thing I've learned is you have to take what the media says, as well as
> the people involved, with a "grain of salt." As I expressed in my other
> post, you can hear conflicting reports, so all may be false. Even if you

> hear/see it coming from someone's mouth (ie. a member of Def Leppard), they

> may be lying because they want the privacy. I understand this, though I

> rather they say nothing at all than lie. I don't get articles/information

> for the personal stuff, I search for music relevant info and the personal
> stuff happens to be included sometime, which may explain the false, wrong,
> confusing, conflicting statements.
> This is a totally unrealated subject, what is a spam guard (I know it's to
> block unwanted email, but specifically what is it) and how do you remove
> it? I've seen this before and am clueless.

I have some articles from the British rags from right after it happened.
She went directly to them to tell her story, and there is a picture of
Janie with a *gigantic* emerald or ruby or something on, and she stated
in the article that Steve had chosen her wedding gown. Whether or not
they were on the outs, she was living with Steve at the time of his
death.

I guess if she's living in Gainesville, she didn't get the house!
Speaking of, does anyone know the name of the street in Chelsea the
house is on? I just watched the VH-1 special tonight (thanks Vicky!) and
it was nice to see what Lorelei had to say (even though I didn't care
for it very much, the truth hurts I guess). Did you notice she seems to
have a floating eye? One of my brother's eyes used to float and I found
it very distracting when she was on the screen. I also noticed they
billed her as "Steve's ex-fiancee." One of the above-mentioned articles
mentioned that Steve had proposed marriage to no less than five
different women.

As for the spam guard thing, I'll eMail you privately on that.

Lisa of Halifax, NS, still loving Steve.

moore

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

(snip)

> > 4. Someone he was involved with (probably Janie) wanted a settlement.
> > Don't ask me what for, never really stated.
(snip)

> I have some articles from the British rags from right after it happened.
> She went directly to them to tell her story, and there is a picture of
> Janie with a *gigantic* emerald or ruby or something on, and she stated
> in the article that Steve had chosen her wedding gown. Whether or not
> they were on the outs, she was living with Steve at the time of his
> death.
>
> I guess if she's living in Gainesville, she didn't get the house!
Just a thought, maybe that's what the settlement was about and maybe she
used it to open the car dealership. Also, if she went directly to the
tabloid papers, she probably got paid and, more than likely, did it for the
money. In which case I wonder about what she said and their relationship.

slm...@xnetcom.ca

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

I'm living with my father right now while my husband and I are saving
for a house, so most of my stuff is packed. If I can find it I'll let
you know and you can tell me if you want copies. If not, I'll contact
you at a later date to see if you still want it.

Lisa (Halifax, NS)

slm...@xnetcom.ca

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

moore wrote:

> (snip)
> > > 4. Someone he was involved with (probably Janie) wanted a settlement.
> > > Don't ask me what for, never really stated.
> (snip)
> > I have some articles from the British rags from right after it happened.
> > She went directly to them to tell her story, and there is a picture of
> > Janie with a *gigantic* emerald or ruby or something on, and she stated
> > in the article that Steve had chosen her wedding gown. Whether or not
> > they were on the outs, she was living with Steve at the time of his
> > death.
> >
> > I guess if she's living in Gainesville, she didn't get the house!
> Just a thought, maybe that's what the settlement was about and maybe she
> used it to open the car dealership. Also, if she went directly to the
> tabloid papers, she probably got paid and, more than likely, did it for the
> money. In which case I wonder about what she said and their relationship.

BTW, Steve died intestate; thus, everything went to Barrie and Beryl.
Perhaps they settled with her.

chris...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
In article <359DB5...@xnetcom.ca>,

slm...@xnetcom.ca wrote:

> moore wrote:
> >
> > (snip)
> > (snip)
> > > I have some articles from the British rags from right after it happened.
> > > She went directly to them to tell her story, and there is a picture of
> > > Janie with a *gigantic* emerald or ruby or something on, and she stated
> > > in the article that Steve had chosen her wedding gown. Whether or not
> > > they were on the outs, she was living with Steve at the time of his
> > > death.
> > >
> > > I guess if she's living in Gainesville, she didn't get the house!
> > Just a thought, maybe that's what the settlement was about and maybe she
> > used it to open the car dealership. Also, if she went directly to the
> > tabloid papers, she probably got paid and, more than likely, did it for the
> > money. In which case I wonder about what she said and their relationship.
> >

> I'm living with my father right now while my husband and I are saving
> for a house, so most of my stuff is packed. If I can find it I'll let
> you know and you can tell me if you want copies. If not, I'll contact
> you at a later date to see if you still want it.
>
> Lisa (Halifax, NS)
> --

Wow, you guys know your stuff here! At any rate, this Janie character
strikes me as a money-hungry, gold-diggin' type... run off to those tabloids
now and go on and on about your grand wedding plans, ad nauseum.....yeah, I
can see Steve now checking out the bridal gowns....... NOT !!!! What a
riot!!! I'm laughing right now just picturing it!! "Just pick SOMETHING out
goddammit so we can get the *&^^% outta here already!!!!" .... At any rate,
after seeing Lorelei on the VH1 special (who came across as an attractive,
intelligent woman), I assumed that despite his alcohol problem, Steve had
very good taste in women. But then again, maybe not. Sorry for the
negativity, but we Steve Clark fans do get a bit protective, even several
years after his death! By the way, has anyone seen what she (Janie) looks
like? Thanks, and I hope this posts, since I'm new here!!!! So forgive me
if this posts inappropriately or something! It's so hard to find other Def
Lep fans anymore on the 'net, esp. ones with anything interesting to say! --
Christine, Steve Clark (and Def Lep) Fan since '81

slm...@netcom.ca

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
to chris...@my-dejanews.com
chris...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Wow, you guys know your stuff here! At any rate, this Janie character
> strikes me as a money-hungry, gold-diggin' type... run off to those tabloids
> now and go on and on about your grand wedding plans, ad nauseum.....yeah, I
> can see Steve now checking out the bridal gowns....... NOT !!!! What a
> riot!!! I'm laughing right now just picturing it!! "Just pick SOMETHING out
> goddammit so we can get the *&^^% outta here already!!!!" .... At any rate,
> after seeing Lorelei on the VH1 special (who came across as an attractive,
> intelligent woman), I assumed that despite his alcohol problem, Steve had
> very good taste in women. But then again, maybe not. Sorry for the
> negativity, but we Steve Clark fans do get a bit protective, even several
> years after his death! By the way, has anyone seen what she (Janie) looks
> like? Thanks, and I hope this posts, since I'm new here!!!! So forgive me
> if this posts inappropriately or something! It's so hard to find other Def
> Lep fans anymore on the 'net, esp. ones with anything interesting to say! --
> Christine, Steve Clark (and Def Lep) Fan since '81

Well, I didn't see Lorelei speaking of trying to get him off
drugs/alcohol.... it was "that's the band's job, not my job..." but I
digress.... as I said in another post, I have some pictures of Janie.
She is not beautiful but is not unattractive. She has large, expressive
eyes, looks tall, and has long (and I mean long) reddish or dark
coloured hair.

If anyone who has a webpage wants me to scan her photo so it can go on
their site, let me know. I'm sure I can find the stuff.

chris...@yahoo.com

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98

Lisa, you're right about Lorelei seeming to some degree to push the whole
addiction issue off on the band, although I'm sure it crushed her to see him
destroying his life that way.... she did mention in the special that she had
spoken to the band on a few occasions about it, and they downplayed the
seriousness of his problem. At any rate, if you happen to scan the pic of
her, and it's posted somewhere, please let me know where to find it! Or
e-mail it to me (chris...@yahoo.com). I'm just curious as to what she
looks like! Also, if anyone out there knows where I can get a biography
still in print on the band, pls e-mail me! I heard "Animal Instinct" was
pretty good, but I also heard it's out of print :-( Thanks! Christine

> To reply, remove spam guard from eMail address.

Sonia

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
Lisa i would love to see tht pic of janie...new to all of this but long
time fan..I am trying my hand in the webpage def leppard area...any tips
would be great..i am reading "two steps ahead" by D.Bowler and
B.Dray...also got a copy of "Animal Instinct" coming from
California....thanks.....sonia...email at son...@geocities.com

Sonia

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
I got a copy of Animal Instinct...just call Barnes and Noble they will
give ya number to ppl who run searches on books no longer in
circulation..thats how i found my copy

fellw lep lover...sonia(son...@geocities.com)

chris...@yahoo.com

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
It seems Steve's ex-fiancee Lorelei Shellist is an actress now. She recently
filmed "A Letter From Death Row", playing "Jessica Foster", an "assistant to
the Governor of Tennessee". This movie, which i've heard is slated for fall
'98 release, is most notable for the presence of Bret Michaels (formerly of
"Poison"), who not only directed and produced the movie but stars in it as
well. Michaels plays a death row inmate, whom Shellist interviews while in
prison. Martin and Charlie Sheen also appear.

According to the Internet Movie Database, this is Lorelei's only role to date.

SMCKixHay

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Just gotta say that the plot of this new movie sounds strangely reminiscent of
The Silence Of The Lambs.......

Not that that really has to do with anything....!

SMC 4-ever!!
Jen

krys...@earthlink.net

Jul 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/20/98
>>It seems Steve's ex-fiancee Lorelei Shellist is an actress now. She recently filmed "A Letter From Death Row", playing "Jessica Foster", an "assistant to the Governor of Tennessee". This movie, which i've heard is slated for fall'98 release, is most notable for the presence of Bret Michaels (formerly of "Poison"), who not only directed and produced the movie but stars in it as well. Michaels plays a death row inmate, whom Shellist interviews while in prison. Martin and Charlie Sheen also appear.<<

Well, it only makes perfect sense, since on the Behind the Music special
she was given more airtime than Sav!! :)

(Hi, sorry, I've been lurking but I just had to comment on that one!!)

chris...@yahoo.com

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
In article <35B314...@earthlink.net>,

krys...@earthlink.net wrote:
> >>It seems Steve's ex-fiancee Lorelei Shellist is an actress now<<
>
> Well, it only makes perfect sense, since on the Behind the Music special
> she was given more airtime than Sav!! :)
>
> (Hi, sorry, I've been lurking but I just had to comment on that one!!)

Well of course you know she has to be either a model (ex-model??) and/or
aspiring actress -- it's a prerequisite to dating a rock star and all :-)

chris

limod...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2016, 6:41:56 PM6/25/16
On Wednesday, July 1, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Mstsuzanne wrote:
> Can anyone give me information about her and her relationship with Steve? At
> the time of my greatest interest in the band no steady girlfriends were
> mentioned. The VH1 special was the first I'd heard of her...she's beautiful,
> isn't she? When did they begin dating, how did they meet, were they still
> together when he passed, etc? What does she do? E-mail me or post here (if
> others are interested.)
>
> Thanks and cheers!
> Suzanne

janie dean passed away years ago not sure the date she was in west palm beach living when she passes i use to drive her around vero beach when she lived up here . so sad

robby...@yahoo.com

Dec 22, 2016, 3:05:04 AM12/22/16
Did she ever mention anything about Steve? The bands tour manager told the other guitarist in the band that Janie sold off a few of Steve's guitars after he died. Or her friends did