Disco Timeline: 1979 (Part 4)

Kevin Brook

Jul 25, 2004, 9:40:07 AM7/25/04
** DISCO TIMELINE --- 1979 **
(Part 4)

Disco Music released during 1979:

R.J.'s Latest Arrival - "Does She Do It Like She Dances?" - cover of
the 1977 Addrisi Brothers song
Ramsey Lewis - "Dancin'" - jazzy disco
Ramsey Lewis - "Every Chance I Get (I'm Gonna Love You)"
Ray, Goodman and Brown - "Thrill/Friends"
Ren Woods - "Everybody Get Up"
Rena Mason - "Do It"
Rena Scott - "Super Lover"
Revanche - "1979 It's Dancing Time"
Revanche - "Music Man" - Hi-NRG-disco
Revanche - "Revenge" - Hi-NRG-rock-disco
Rick Summer - "Shake It Up"
Rinder and Lewis - "Blue Steel" - jazzy disco
Rinder and Lewis - "Love Potion #9" - disco version of the 1964
classic by the Clovers
The Ring - "Jump!"
The Ring - "Savage Lover"
Rising Love featuring Karen Braxton - "Treasure Chest" - electro-disco
Rita Lee - "Chega Mais" - Portuguese electro-disco from Brazil
The Ritchie Family - "Bad Reputation"
The Ritchie Family - "It's A Man's World"
The Ritchie Family - "Put Your Feet to the Beat"
The Ritchie Family - "Sexy Man"
The Ritchie Family - "Where Are the Men"
Ritz - "Locomotion" - disco cover of the classic made famous by Little
Eva and Grand Funk Railroad
Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway - "You Are My Heaven" - disco-soul;
reached #47 Pop in the USA in 1980
Robin Beck - "Hold On"
Romance - "Dance My Way to Your Heart"
Romance - "Glad I Met You"
Romance - "Keep on Givin' Me Love/Love Suite (To Sabrina)"
Romance - "Tower of Love"
Ronnie Dyson - "Couples Only"
Ronnie Dyson - "Hide Behind the Music"
Ronnie Jones - "Dancin' in the Disco" - electro-disco
Ronnie Jones - "Lookin' for Love"
Rose Royce - "Is It Love You're After" - reached #13 Pop in the U.K.
in January 1980
Roy Ayers - "Don't Hide Your Love"
Roy Ayers - "Fever" - disco version of the 1958 Peggy Lee hit
Rozalin Woods - "Sexy Eyes" - cover of the Dr. Hook hit
Rudy Trevis - "Thank You Baby"
Rudy Trevis - "White Room" - electro-disco
Rufus and Chaka [Khan] - "Any Love"
Rufus and Chaka [Khan] - "Body Heat" - disco version of Quincy Jones's
1974 soul song
Rufus and Chaka [Khan] - "I'm Dancing For Your Love"
Ruth Waters - "Let's Start a New Affair"
Sabu - "Rockin' Rollin' Disco King" - rock-disco
The Salsoul Orchestra - "212 North 12th"
The Salsoul Orchestra - "Street Sense"
Samantha Sang - "From Dance to Love"
Santa Esmeralda - "Another Cha Cha" - latin-disco
Saturday Night Band - "Boogie With Me" - electro-disco
Saturday Night Band - "Get Wet With Me"
Saturday Night Band - "Groovin' With You"
Saturday Night Band - "Keep Those Lovers Dancing"
Saturday Night Band - "Let's Make it a Party"
Scatino - "I'm a Lover"
Scott Allan - "I Think We're Alone Now/Will You Love Me Tomorrow" -
disco song that alternates between remakes of "I Think We're Alone
Now" (originally recorded in 1967 by Tommy James and the Shondells)
and "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" (originally recorded in 1960 by
the Shirelles)
Sergio Mendes Brasil '88 - "I'll Tell You"
Seventh Avenue - "From Chicago to the Sky"
Seventh Avenue - "L.A. at the End of the Day"
Seventh Avenue - "Miami Heat Wave"
Seventh Avenue - "Midnight in Manhattan"
Seventh Avenue - "New York's on Fire"
Shalamar - "Girl"
Shalamar - "I Owe You One" - reached #13 Pop in the U.K. in October
1980
Shalamar - "Right in the Socket" - reached #44 Pop in the U.K. in
February 1980, #11 Disco in the USA in 1980
Shalamar - "The Right Time for Us"
Shalamar - "The Second Time Around" - reached #8 Pop in the USA in
March 1980, #1 R&B in the USA, #1 Disco in the USA in January 1980;
#45 Pop in the U.K. in December 1979
Sheila and B. Devotion - "Don't Go" - produced by Nile and Bernard of
Chic
Sheila and B. Devotion - "Spacer" - rock-disco; produced by Nile and
Bernard of Chic; reached #18 Pop in the U.K. in February 1980
Showboat Shavers a.k.a. Adell Shavers - "Fun" - funky electro-disco
Sigma Fay - "Cha Cha" - electro-disco
Sigma Fay - "Tonight" - electro-disco
Silver Convention - "Café Au Lait"
The Simon Orchestra - "Don't Give Up"
The Simon Orchestra - "I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten" -
electro-disco
The Simon Orchestra - "Love is Comin' On"
The Simon Orchestra - "Mr. Big Shot" - electro-disco
Sister Sledge - "Got to Love Somebody" - produced by Nile and Bernard
of Chic - reached #64 Pop in the USA in 1980, #34 Pop in the U.K. in
January 1980
Sister Sledge - "Lost in Music" - produced by Nile and Bernard of
Chic; reached #17 Pop in the U.K. in September 1979
Sister Sledge - "One More Time" - produced by Nile and Bernard of Chic
Skatt Brothers - "Walk the Night"
Skylite - "Smile"
Skyy - "First Time Around" - disco-funk/jazz-funk
Skyy - "Let's Turn It Out" - disco-funk
Slave - "Just a Touch of Love" - electro-disco-funk/electro-funk;
reached #9 R&B and #26 Disco in the USA in 1980
Slick - "Feelin' Good" - electro-disco
Slick - "Space Bass" - reached #16 Pop in the U.K. in July 1979
Slick featuring Doris James - "Sexy Cream"
Sly and the Family Stone - "Dance to the Music (1979 Remix)" -
disco-funk remix of the 1968 original
Smokey Robinson - "Get Ready (Disco Version)" - remake of the 1966
Temptations hit
Snowflake - "Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly"
Snowflake - "Good King Wenceslas"
Snowflake - "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
Snowflake - "Jolly Old St. Nicholas"
Snowflake - "Joy to the World"
Snowflake - "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
Snowflake - "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town"
Snowflake - "Silver Bells"
Snowflake - "We Three Kings of Orient Are"
Snowflake - "White Christmas"
Soccer - "Come and Get It On"
Soccer - "Time Out (For Love)"
Soiree - "Close to You" - disco version of the 1970 hit "(They Long to
Be) Close to You" by the Carpenters
Soiree - "You are the Sunshine of My Life" - disco version of the
Stevie Wonder classic
Solomon Burke - "Boo Hoo Hoo (Cra-Cra-Craya)" - disco-soul
Solomon Burke - "Hold On! I'm Comin'" - disco-soul song originally
recorded by Sam [Moore] and Dave [Prater] in 1966
Solomon Burke - "Let Your Love Flow #9"
Solomon Burke - "Please Come Back Home to Me"
Solomon Burke - "See That Girl" - disco-soul
Solomon Burke - "Sweeter than Sweetness"
Sonny Rollins - "Disco Monk" - jazzy disco
Southern Exposure - "Love Is"
Sparkle - "Disco Madness" - electro-disco
Sparkle Tuhran and Friends - "Handsome Man"
The Spinners - "Are You Ready for Love" - disco-soul cover of the 1978
Elton John song
The Spinners - "Body Language" - reached #40 Pop in the U.K. in May
1980
The Spinners - "Disco Ride"
The Spinners - "Let's Boogie, Let's Dance"
The Spinners - "One, One, Two, Two, Boogie Woogie Avenue" -
electro-disco-funk
The Spinners - "With My Eyes" - disco-soul
Splendor - "Carnival"
Stacy Lattisaw - "When You're Young And In Love (Disco Version)"
Stargard - "Put on Your Rollerskates" - disco-funk
Stargard - "Wear It Out" - reached #4 Disco in the USA in early 1980
Starluv featuring Ednah Holt - "People, Come Dance"
Stephanie Mills - "Don't Stop Dancin'"
Stephanie Mills - "Put Your Body in It" - funky-disco
Stephanie Mills - "What 'Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin'" - mellow disco;
reached #22 Pop in the USA in September 1979
Stephanie Mills - "You Can Get Over" - reached #101 Pop in the USA
Steve Dahl and Teenage Radiation - "Do You Think I'm Disco?" - hostile
parody, backed by the instrumentation to Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think
I'm Sexy" - reached #58 Pop in the USA in fall 1979
Stevie Wonder - "Race Babbling" - electro-disco
Suzi Lane - "Harmony" - electro-disco
Suzi Lane - "Ooh, La, La" - electro-disco
Syl Johnson - "Mystery Lady"
Syl Johnson - "Otis Redding Medley: Respect, Wholesale Love, Snatch a
Little Piece, I Can't Turn You Loose, Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa (Sad Song),
(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay" - medley of disco versions of Otis
Redding soul classics
The Sylvers - "Come and Stay All Night" - electro-disco
The Sylvers - "Dance Right Now"
The Sylvers - "Gimme Gimme Your Lovin'"
The Sylvers - "Hoochie Coochie Dancin'"
The Sylvers - "I Feel So Good Tonight"
The Sylvers - "Is Everybody Happy"
The Sylvers - "Mahogany" - disco version of the theme from the 1976
film "Mahogany", also known as "Do You Know Where You're Going To?",
which was originally sung by Diana Ross
Sylvester - "Body Strong"
Sylvester - "Can't Stop Dancing"
Sylvester - "Happiness"
Sylvester - "I (Who Have Nothing)" - disco version of the 1963 Ben E.
King song that also was a hit for Tom Jones in 1970; reached #40 Pop
in the USA in May 1979
Sylvester - "Stars (Everybody is One)" - electro-disco; reached #47
Pop in the U.K. in July 1979
THP Orchestra - "Dancin' Forever" - electro-rock-disco
THP Orchestra - "Dancin' is Alright"
THP Orchestra - "Good to Me" - electro-rock-disco
THP Orchestra - "Who Do You Love" - electro-rock-disco
TJM - "I Don't Need No Music" - produced by Tom Moulton
TJM - "Put Yourself in My Place" - produced by Tom Moulton
Taana Gardner - "When You Touch Me"
Taana Gardner - "Work That Body"
Taka Boom - "Night Dancin'"
Tamiko Jones - "Can't Live Without Your Love" - electro-disco
Tangerué (a.k.a. Strange Affair) - "Bad Connection"
Tangerué - "Dance with Me"
Tangerué - "Doin' Your Own Thing"
Tangerué (a.k.a. Strange Affair) - "Don't Stop the Music"
Tangerué - "Everynight, Everyday"
Tangerué - "Love is Strange (Fantasy)"
Tangerué - "No, No, No" - funky disco
Tangerué - "Tangerué"
Tata Vega - "Just Keep Thinking About You Baby"
Tavares - "Straight from the Heart" - disco-soul
Teddy Pendergrass - "Do Me"
Teddy Pendergrass - "Life is a Circle" - disco-soul
Teena Marie - "Don't Look Back" - funky disco cover of a Temptations
song
Tempest Trio - "Love Machine"
Tempest Trio - "You Keep Me Hangin' On/Love Chains" - first part of
the song is a cover of "You Just Keep Me Hangin' On", originally by
Diana Ross and the Supremes
Teresa - "Like an Old Time Melody" - jazzy disco
Theo Vaness - "As Long As It's Love"
Theo Vaness - "Bad, Bad Boy" - electro-disco
Theo Vaness - "I Can't Dance Without You"
Theo Vaness - "No Romance (Just Wanna Dance) / Keep On Dancing"
Theo Vaness - "Sentimentally It's You" - electro-disco
Theo Vaness - "Star Fever"
Theo Vaness - "Thank God There's Music" - electro-rock-disco
The Three Degrees - "Jump the Gun" - rock-disco; reached #48 Pop in
the U.K. in October 1979
The Three Degrees - "My Simple Heart" - electro-disco; reached #9 Pop
in the U.K. in December 1979
The Three Degrees - "Red Light" - rock-disco
Tina Turner - "Love Explosion" - rock-disco
Tod Foster - "I Fell in Love with an Angel"
Tony Rallo and the Midnight Band - "Burnin' Alive" - reached #66 Disco
in the USA in 1980
Tony Rallo and the Midnight Band - "Holdin' On"
Touché - "Take a Look (But Don't Touch)" - mellow disco
Triple "S" Connection - "Dance Fever" - theme song of the television
show's first year
Triple "S" Connection - "My Cherie Amour (Disco Version)" - cover of
the 1971 Stevie Wonder classic
Troiano - "We All Need Love"
Trussel - "Love Injection"
Tuxedo Junction - "Begin the Beguine" - mellow jazzy disco version of
the 1935 Cole Porter song
Tuxedo Junction - "Night in Tunisia" - jazzy disco version of the
classic from the Dizzy Gillespie Big Band
Tuxedo Junction - "That Old Black Magic" - jazzy disco version of a
song by Sammy Davis, Jr.
Tuxedo Junction - "Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye" - jazzy disco version of
a song written by Ernie Erdman, Gus Kahn, and Ted Fiorito
Tuxedo Junction - "You Gotta be a Football Hero" - jazzy disco version
of a song composed by Al Sherman, Buddy Fields, and Al Lewis
Two Man Sound - "Disco Samba" - Brazilian disco in Portuguese
Two Man Sound - "Que Tal America (1979 Mix)" - latin-disco
Tyrone Davis - "Love You Forever" - disco-soul
U.N. - "Disco Power"
U.N. - "Get It On"
U.N. - "Hot Lover"
U.N. - "(I'm) In the Groove"
USA-European Connection - "Do Me Good" - produced by Boris Midney
USA-European Connection - "I'd Like to Get Closer" - produced by Boris
Midney
USA-European Connection - "Join the Dance" - produced by Boris Midney
USA-European Connection - "There's a Way into My Heart" - produced by
Boris Midney
Ullanda McCullough - "Love Zone"
Ullanda McCullough - "Want Ads" - disco-soul version of the 1971 Honey
Cone hit
Ultimate - "Love is the Ultimate (Medley: Love is the Ultimate/Touch
Me Baby/Dancing in the Night)"
Ultimate - "Music in My Heart"
Ultimate - "Ritmo de Brazil"
Ultimate - "Take Me to Chinatown"
Uncle Louie - "Full-Tilt Boogie"
Uncle Louie - "Sky High"
Unyque - "Keep On Making Me High" - funky disco
Unyque - "Party Down"
Valentine Brothers - "We Belong Together" - disco-soul
Van McCoy and the Soul City Symphony - "The Hustle II"
Vaughan Mason and Crew - "Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll" - funky
electro-disco; reached #81 Pop in the USA in 1980
Venus Dodson - "He Said, She Said"
Venus Dodson - "It's My Turn"
Venus Dodson - "Night Rider"
Venus Dodson - "Where are We Headed" - funky disco
Veronica Castro - "Yo Creo en el Mañana" - disco in Spanish
Vicki Sue Robinson - "Feels So Good it Must be Wrong"
Vicki Sue Robinson - "Nighttime Fantasy"
Vicki Sue Robinson - "What's Happening in My Life"
The Village People - "Citizens of the World"
The Village People - "Get Away Holiday"
The Village People - "Go West" - reached #15 Pop in the U.K. in July
1979, #45 Pop in the USA in mid-1979
The Village People - "I Wanna Shake Your Hand"
The Village People - "In the Navy" - reached #3 Pop in the USA in May
1979, #2 Pop in the U.K. in March 1979
The Village People - "Manhattan Woman"
The Village People - "Ready for the 80's" - reached #52 Pop in the
USA, #26 Disco in the USA
The Village People - "Save Me" - rock-disco
The Village People - "Sleazy" - rock-disco
Viola Wills - "Gonna Get Along Without You Now" - disco version of the
1957 song by Patience and Prudence; reached #8 Pop in the U.K. in
November 1979
Voyage - "Eastern Trip"
Voyage - "Golden Eldorado"
Voyage - "Kechak Fantasy" - Balinese-flavored disco
Voyage - "Let's Fly Away" - reached #38 Pop in the U.K. in April 1979
Voyage - "Tahiti, Tahiti" - Tahitian-flavored disco in the Tahitian
language
Wardell Piper - "Captain Boogie" - disco-funk
Wardell Piper - "Super Sweet"
Wet Willie - "Weekend" - cover of the 1978 Mick Jackson hit; reached
#29 Pop in the USA in 1979
The Whispers - "And the Beat Goes On" - reached #1 Disco in the USA in
February 1980; reached #19 Pop and #1 R&B in the USA in April 1980;
reached #2 Pop in the U.K. in February 1980
The Whispers - "Can't Do Without Love"
Who's Who - "Palace Palace" - electro-disco
Wilson Pickett - "Groove City" - electro-disco
Wings - "Goodnight Tonight" - rock-disco; reached #5 Pop in both the
USA and U.K. in May 1979
Witch Queen - "All Right Now" - rock-disco cover of a 1970 rock hit by
Free
Witch Queen - "Bang A Gong (Get It On)" - disco cover of a 1972 rock
song by T. Rex; reached #68 Pop in the USA in spring 1979
Witch Queen - "Witch Queen"
The Wonder Band - "Stairway to Heaven" - cover of the 1971 Led
Zeppelin classic
The Wonder Band - "Whole Lotta Love" - cover of the 1969 Led Zeppelin
hard-rock classic; reached #87 Pop in the USA in 1979
The Wonder Band - "Wonderful Medley: Wonder Dance/Wonder Love/Wonder
Man (Wonder Woman)"
The Wonderland Band - "Paradise Island (Disco Wonderland)"
YBS - "Happy Birthday" - electro-disco
Yvonne Elliman - "Love Pains" - disco-pop; reached #34 Pop in the USA
in 1979
Zack Ferguson - "AA AA UU AA EE" - disco-pop
Ziggie Addie - "Touch Me" - disco-pop

Copyright Notice: While the raw facts provided in these lists and
essays may be freely disseminated, the particular presentation of this
information including the format and comments may not be redistributed
without permission, excepting fair use quotes that credit the source.
Original content is copyright ©2001-2004 Kevin A. Brook, all rights
reserved.

The best disco songs of 1979:
Azoto - Anytime or Place
Black Ivory - Mainline
Charanga 76 - Music Trance
Cher - Take Me Home
Chic - Good Times
Chic - My Forbidden Lover
Chicago - Streetplayer
Crusaders featuring Randy Crawford - Street Life
Delegation - Darlin' (I Think About You)
Delegation - Heartache No. 9
Diana Ross - The Boss
Donna Summer - Dim All the Lights
Edgar Winter - Above and Beyond
France Joli - Come To Me
George Benson - Love Ballad
George Duke featuring Lynn Davis - I Want You For Myself
Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - Prayin'
Instant Funk - Crying
Jackie Moore - This Time Baby
Kleeer - Tonight's the Night (Good Time)
Kool and the Gang - Ladies' Night
Machine - There But For The Grace Of God Go I
McFadden and Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
Michael Jackson - Rock With You
Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Michael Jackson - Get On the Floor
Narada Michael Walden - I Shoulda Loved Ya
Norma Jean Wright - High Society
Phyllis Hyman - You Know How To Love Me
Phyllis Hyman - Heavenly
Phyllis Hyman - Under Your Spell
The Players Association - Turn the Music Up!
Shalamar - Girl
Shalamar - Right in the Socket
Shalamar - The Second Time Around
Sheila and B. Devotion - Spacer
Sister Sledge - Lost in Music
Slave - Just a Touch of Love
Stephanie Mills - What 'Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin'
Trussel - Love Injection

Habia Khet

Feb 2, 2024, 8:07:50 AMFeb 2
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

✅WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💚 Really Amazing ️You Can Try This💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💚CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>