Hank Snow - Status Of His Wife, Minnie?

Hit Parade

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
(1)

December 21, 1999
NY Times Obituary
Hank Snow, Country Music Star, Dies at 85
By Neil Strauss

Hank Snow, one of the most popular and prolific country stars of the 1950s,
died Monday at his home in Madison, Tenn. He was 85. Snow is survived by his
son, Jimmie Rodgers Snow.

(2)

Does anyone know anything about Hank's wife, Minnie, whom he married in 1933. I
heard that she was ill, but I have no knowledge of her passing.

Anglsunday

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
Hank's wife has passed away. a friend of mine was a hospice worker who worked
with the Snow's during Minnie's last days.
KJ

Floyd T. Gentry

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Hank said he was waiting for his wife to go then he would be ready. May God rest
both their souls.

Anglsunday wrote:

--
ICQ# 10268424

Nancy Chapman

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99

mh...@aol.com

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
In article <386187E9...@flash.net>,
This is quite untrue. At least the person I have been talking to over
the past few years, and as recently as yesterday, has purported to be
Minn Snow. She is alive, not too well , and Hank didn't treat her well
as he failed over the past few years, but she is still around.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Paula

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99

Well, according to this report, Minnie was sitting in the front row at
the Opry funeral:

HANK SNOW HONORED AT GRAND OLD OPRY FUNERAL

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Reuters) - Amid laughter and
applause, some
toe-tapping and a few ``amens,'' several hundred
fans paid tribute to country
music legend Hank Snow at his funeral Thursday at
the Grand Ole Opry.

The ``Singing Ranger,'' as the Canadian-born Snow
was known, died last
Monday at his home in Nashville at age 85.

Snow's closed casket, bearing a gigantic floral
display, rested in front of the
flower-bedecked stage. His guitar was propped
against one of his famous
sequin-sparkling suits hanging on a rack.

During his long tenure, beginning in 1950, on
Grand Ole Opry shows, the
slightly built singer/songwriter earned the
reputation of being a very private
man who retired to his dressing room between
performances and did not
mingle much with other performers.

``We shared a dressing room for 10 or 12 years,''
said Opry singer Jean
Shepard in her eulogy. ``It was under protest,
too. Hank wanted no part of the
arrangement. Finally, I cornered him and said, 'In
the first place, I don't see
your name on the door and in the second place,
you're not big enough to
throw me out.' After that, we got along pretty
well.''

Another tribute was paid by Opry star Billy
Walker, who first met Snow in
1949 doing the Big D Jamboree in Dallas.

``His name will always be synonymous with the
greats of country music,''
said Walker, himself an abused child as was Snow
who ran away from a
tyrannical stepfather in his native Nova Scotia at
age 12.

Canadian country singer Tommy Hunter recounted the
hardships in Snow's
young life during which he first sang without pay
at a radio station in Halifax.

``His paying job consisted of sweeping the
streets,'' said Hunter, ``and as
luck would have it, he had to sweep in front of
the studio. He told me he
pulled a hat down over his head so that nobody
from the studio would
recognize him.''

Snow's band, the Rainbow Ranch Boys, came out of
retirement to play
``Christmas Roses,'' one of the more than 2,000
songs Snow wrote.

They dedicated it to his widow, Minnie, who was in
the front row. In his
career, Snow, whose signature song was ``I'm
Movin' On,'' recorded more
than 80 albums, scoring 85 country hits, 30 of
which were top 10 records.

After fans and friends stood to sing ``Amazing
Grace,'' Snow's casket was
carried to a waiting hearse for a private burial
ceremony.

``Seems like all the great Opry stars are dying
off,'' said one bystander sadly.
``Minnie Pearl, Roy Acuff, Bill Monroe it's the
end of an era.''

Reuters/Variety

Anglsunday

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99
attention folks! I WAS WRONG. and I have no problem admitting it either. while
my friend did work as a home health nurse for minnie, I confused who died of
her patients and who lived, hence made the erroneuos conclusion that she had
passed away. please forgive me all. what a horrible mistake for me to make.
(hanging head low and feeling terribly remorseful)
KJ

Mll0665

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99

We all make mistakes. I was told that Snow's wife had to leave their house and
move in with Jimmie several months ago because of the seriousness of Snow's
demensia.

hka...@gmail.com

May 25, 2019, 6:13:50 PM5/25/19
MINNIE SNOW DIED IN JUNE 2003. SHE WAS BORN IN HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA. SHE SUFFERED FROM LUPUS DISEASE. HANK AND MINNIS WERE MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER, 1935. JIMMIE SNOW, HANK SNOW,S SON WAS BORN IN 1936.