Miller's Cave...

Blue

May 2, 2008, 11:29:47 PM5/2/08
you know, the Bobby Bare song, also by the Tucker dude,
sorta wonderin' ifn' anybody on here knows where in Georgia
the cave is, might visit down yonder after the gas drops a do-
llar or so, in other words, probably never go there.

dick...@webtv.net

May 3, 2008, 1:30:17 AM5/3/08
Bobby said it's in Georgia in "the swamps and everglades", but I thought
the Everglades were in Florida. The guy who took his girlfriend was "the
meanest man in Waycross, GA", so I guess the cave must be nearby. If you
find it you can look for all their bones, but don't get lost too! <g> --
Dick

dick...@webtv.net

May 3, 2008, 3:12:33 AM5/3/08
A googled site says:

"The truth is there is no mountain in Waycross, Georgia where the song
was supposed to have taken place.  It is all swampland.  And, there
is no cave called Miller's Cave.  It was all made up, a figment of
Harlan Howard's imagination.  And that is not the first time a writer
has taken liberty with the truth to write a song.  All of you know
that.  Call it metaphors, stretching the truth, bending the facts,
whatever.  Songs are entertainment, just like the movies, that take us
away from the hum drum existence of everyday living and let us drift off
into a fantasy world, away from getting up and going to work, paying
bills, coming home, grab a bite to eat, go to bed and do it all over
again.  Let's face it, real life ain't that exciting.  If a song can
take a listener away from life's reality for awhile, it has achieved its
purpose.  Movies do it with pictures that in no way resemble real
life.  Songs paint a picture also, but they use words, and the picture
is usually a make believe world that dwells in the mind of the
songwriter."

So don't waste any gas lookin' for it! <g> -- Dick

OldMan Zeke

May 3, 2008, 9:11:07 AM5/3/08
Lookin fer it wuda bn a trip in its self
South Ga. is Fla --grin

Re: Miller's Cave...

Group: alt.music.country.classic Date: Sat, May 3, 2008, 12:12am (EDT-3)
From: dick...@webtv.net

Blue

May 3, 2008, 11:50:53 PM5/3/08

Dang, I ain't so sure 'bout all the googlin', back yonder one o' my
friend's uncle was a forest ranger in the okefenokee (sic) swamp near
Waycross, ever time a hurricane came around he'd run up to nc, I
disagree, many things in real life are never captured in fiction, by
god
I believe their is a "Miller's Cave", Bobby might be wrong.

Blue

May 4, 2008, 12:07:58 AM5/4/08
On May 3, 9:11 am, HiTechRednec...@webtv.net (OldMan Zeke) wrote:
> Lookin fer it wuda bn a trip in its self
> South Ga. is Fla --grin
> took the kids to Disneyland for a week 'bout a 100 years ago, it was
great to escape the compound, crossed the line from Florida in to Geor
gia, got off the interstate, ate in a local restaurant, damned ol'
bathroom
in rough shape, but, it was good to get back to reality. stayed off
that
highway, and went back to nc thru the country checkin' out the country
side.

> Re: Miller's Cave...
>
> Group: alt.music.country.classic Date: Sat, May 3, 2008, 12:12am (EDT-3)
> From: dickr...@webtv.net

Tjaart Glas

May 11, 2008, 4:47:08 AM5/11/08
"Miller's Cave" was written by Jack Clement, not by Harlan Howard.

--
Best regards,

Tjaart Glas

E-mail: tkg...@wxs.nl

ICQ: 38646970

<dick...@webtv.net> schreef in bericht

Tom Kan PA

May 11, 2008, 8:59:05 AM5/11/08
On May 11, 4:47 am, "Tjaart Glas" <tkg...@wxs.nl> wrote:

And that is not the first time a writer
> has taken liberty with the truth to write a song. All of you know
> that. Call it metaphors, stretching the truth, bending the facts,
> whatever.

Or a politician. Flying into Beruit, landing and hugging a little girl
is Ho Hum. But add a corkscrew helicopter landing, sniper fire and you
got one hell of a story!

Justin Kase

May 11, 2008, 9:22:12 AM5/11/08

it's what all politicians do best... (democrats moreso than republicans)
and that is to...

L I E !

dick...@webtv.net

May 11, 2008, 1:28:24 PM5/11/08
But Republicans seem to get caught in more sex scandals than Dems! Vote
Libertarian and get your freedom back! -- Dick

Tjaart Glas

May 11, 2008, 4:09:03 PM5/11/08
The citation below was not wrtten by me, but comes from a googled site,
according to Dick Rice.

--
Best regards,

Tjaart Glas

E-mail: tkg...@wxs.nl

ICQ: 38646970

"Tom Kan PA" <tomk...@aol.com> schreef in bericht

polly....@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 3:30:31 PM7/11/16
Yes there is a place called Miller's Cave and it is in Wayccross Ga.,I've been there! If you look up Georgia Trail's and Cave's it will tell you how to get there!

kenn...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2018, 5:03:13 PM9/30/18
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 2:30:31 PM UTC-5, polly....@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes there is a place called Miller's Cave and it is in Wayccross Ga.,I've been there! If you look up Georgia Trail's and Cave's it will tell you how to get there!

I was born in Waycross and I have been to Millers Cave... My Dad used to run with the bunch. Mean as Hell .including my Dad.......lol

bluescr...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2019, 5:14:36 PM10/9/19
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 3:30:31 PM UTC-4, polly...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes there is a place called Miller's Cave and it is in Wayccross Ga.,I've been there! If you look up Georgia Trail's and Cave's it will tell you how to get there!

Appreciate it, polly!

bluescr...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2019, 5:15:19 PM10/9/19
10fer on that!