Man who wrote Pop a Top

Mid-Night Rider

Apr 16, 2010, 9:02:45 PM4/16/10
DON'T PAY THE RANSOM LYRICS

Don't Pay The Ransom Lyrics
Artist(Band):Nat Stuckey

Last night I stopped off for a beer on my way home
And I saw this broken hearted sweet thing cryin' all alone
My tender heart was deeply touched at the sight of a woman's tears
So I said hi there and I pulled up a chair and ordered us a couple of
beers
We must have drunk a gallon of brew when I looked at my watch it was
half past two
And I suddenly realized I hadn't even called my wife
And knowin' what would happen to me when I get home
I nearly broke my neck gettin' to the phone
And here's what I told her in an effort to save my life
Don't pay the ransom honey I've escaped
Considering what I've been through I'm in good shape
Well my wrist and ankles are a little sore from the tape
But don't pay the ransom honey I've escaped
[ guitar - steel ]
Now if you got tied up somewhere tonight on your way home
In a poker game or with a pretty dame and it slips your mind to phone
Don't blow your cool like a crazy fool and tell your woman where you've
been
Your situation requires imagination and I've got a suggestion my friend
Tell her now don't pay the ransom ...
No don't pay the ransom honey I've escaped

Turk 182

Apr 19, 2010, 7:44:47 AM4/19/10

Good song! Hard to find, but I have a recording off the radio. Wish i
had an mp3 <hint, hint>

I've escaped!
Turk 182

KingCountryI@aol.com (Noah Tall)

Apr 19, 2010, 2:24:42 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 4:44�am, Turk 182 <vic.ir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good song! Hard to find, but I have a recording off the radio. Wish i
> had an mp3 <hint, hint>
>
> I've escaped!
> Turk 182

NOTHING'S free, honey. : ) In fact, depending on the screen name, some
things are darned expensive! : ) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turk 182

Apr 20, 2010, 1:50:29 PM4/20/10
On Apr 19, 4:44 am, Turk 182 <vic.ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Turk 182- Hide quoted text -

Thank you, Merle!
Sounds great, what a good song.
Is there a cowboy in here who can ride that jackass outta here? You
have to imagine the finger pointing down at the next post...
Howdy, Esker ;-)

Mid-Night Rider

Apr 20, 2010, 6:12:43 PM4/20/10
The Jack-Ass Song

Recording #2 by Harry Belafonte: (Hold'em Joe-Jack Ass Song)
Recording date: 1966
Playing time: 4:17
45 : 10273,
LP : LSP-3658, 11-701, SDL003,
Tape: TP3-5032
CD: 86210, 68097, ARMCD019,
Lyrics:
Play that theme man.
Jackass will jump and bray, let him bray, let him bray
I say the Jackass will jump and bray,
Lordy let him bray, let him bray, everybody!
Now I tell you in a positive way
Don't tie me donkey down there
Cause me donkey will jump and play
Don't tie me donkey down there
Jackass will jump and bray, let him bray, let him bray
I say the Jackass will jump and bray,
Lordy let him bray, let him bray, everybody!
Now me donkey gone mad they say
Don't tie me donkey down there
"Cause his eye on a bale o' hay
Don't tie me donkey down there
Jackass will jump and bray, let him bray, let him bray
I say the Jackass will jump and bray,
Lordy let him bray, let him bray, everybody!
Now the news really travel fast
Don't tie me donkey down there
When me donkey in the meadow grass
Don't tie me donkey down there
Jackass will jump and bray, let him bray, let him bray
I say the Jackass will jump and bray,
Lordy let him bray, let him bray, everybody!
Now me heart is light and gay
Don't tie me donkey down there
He haw 'till judgment day
Don't tie me donkey down there

Mid-Night Rider

Apr 20, 2010, 6:17:50 PM4/20/10

Pop A Top | Reviewer: Ann M. Stuckey
    ------ About artist/band

Nat Stuckey Nat wrote the song POP A TOP from a conversation we had on
a hot Louisiana summer day. It was going to be Nat's next single after
SWEET THANG on Paula Records, but Jim Ed Brown wanted it to release on
RCA Records. Nat let him have it. It was a very big hit for Jim Ed.
Then, Alan Jackson released it on UNDER THE INFLUENCE. And on many other
cds released by Alan.

Nat is also listed as a writer on DIGGIN' UP BONES. Nat was the writer
of one and the voice on two Coca Cola commercials, many McDonalds
commercials, United Airlines, etc. Nat was the singer on the last
Budweiser Spuds MacKenzie commercial. Some day, some one will use POP A
TOP, the honky tonk anthem, in a beer commercial.

Nat and I were basically retired when he died from cancer on August 24,
1988. The music business was very good to us and continues to be for me.
Ann M. Stuckey
Widow of Nat Stuckey,
a Texas Gentleman

KingCountryI@aol.com (Noah Tall)

Apr 21, 2010, 2:13:58 PM4/21/10
On Apr 20, 10:50�am, Turd 182 <vic.ir...@gmail.com> wrote:

Turd 182. Nice screen name. You're well named! : )

> Is there a cowboy in here who can ride that jackass outta here?

Not in your lifetime, honey! : ) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to imagine the finger pointing down at the next post...

And hopefully you can imagine it pointing somewhere else! :)