Here again. Just like 10 years-ago.

Ranger

Dec 22, 2012, 11:18:20 AM12/22/12
December 22 2002 was a really shitty day for me and I suppose everyone
here.

I wasn't the ultimate fan of The Clash by any means, but 37 years-ago,
during "My Great Transition", when I moved from being a totally boring
Progressive Rock, Todd Rundgren, ELP and YES loving butt head, to
seeing Elvis Costello in '78 at The El Macomo tavern, The Clash's
first gig in Toronto at the O'Keefe Centre, The Ramones, 999, The
Stranglers IV, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Magazine etc. The Clash
became very important. New Years Eve, 1979, playing London Calling
on a record player at a great party. Then being totally confused
almost a decade later when London Calling, a 1970's epic, was
considered one of the best albums of the 1980s!

I regret never seeing Joe and The Mescaleros in Toronto in 2001 for
free! They played the HMV record store at Queen and Yonge! I saw The
Clash play in TO and elsewhere several times, but one of the greatest
combinations was the Clash with Black Uhuru opening for them at the
CNE Grandstand in TO back in 1982. The Clash were mostly performing
Sandinista and Black Uhuru were just into solid Reggie shit! An
unforgettable combination. Joe Strummer lives in my heart big time.
What a great man.

The last time I saw The Clash, they were over with in my opinion
because Mick Jones had been fired, but I was in Kitchener Ontario to
see their show in 1984 hanging with the guys from Reggae band
Messanjah because I knew their friends. This interview comes from that
era. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHcNSh4KjA I say! Who has the
stupider hairdoo? Joe Strummer or JD Roberts?

I'm an atheist, but it's within my comfort level to say "Bless you
Joe!"

Will Dockery

Feb 5, 2013, 4:01:04 AM2/5/13
Nice, bittersweet memories.