Question!

ZuF

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
Who is Henry Bowles?
He is mentioned in London Calling & in Action Pact's song London Bouncers.

...We Suffer Along The Way...

Mick

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
In article <7vsq1f$pok$1...@nntp.teliafi.net>,

ZuF <Z...@nic.fi> wrote:
> Who is Henry Bowles?
> He is mentioned in London Calling & in Action Pact's song London
Bouncers.

Henry Bowles was a punter who died after being beaten up by bouncers after
a show in London.

I don't recall hearing his name in London Calling. Maybe after this
amount of time I should start listening to the words :)

Action Pact. Haven't heard that name for a while.

Cheers
Mick

--
email to: st...@argonet.co.uk

...is jumping to conclusions the only exercise your mind gets?
...if you want to know more - learn!

TeddyB1018

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
>I don't recall hearing his name in London Calling. Maybe after this
>amount of time I should start listening to the words :)

London Calling was dedicated to Henry. He was a close friend of Sebastian
Conran's and, by extension, Joe Strummer's who was close to The Clash.

john.d...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2016, 3:34:58 PM6/19/16
On Thursday, 4 November 1999 08:00:00 UTC, ZuF wrote:
> Who is Henry Bowles?
> He is mentioned in London Calling & in Action Pact's song London Bouncers.
>

> ...We Suffer Along The Way...

I worked with Henry in a motorcycle shop in Clapham, London. Seb Conran used to bring his bike there. Henry was one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet. It is now 2016 and I remember Henry, and hearing of the attack the following morning, as if it was yesterday.