Looking for Information: Joray - J.E. Ray Co. New York-Denver

Brian Gibson

Jan 6, 2004, 1:22:51 PM1/6/04
I recently acquired an old wooden horn marked Joray J.E. Ray Co. New
York-Denver and I'm trying to find some information on it. It's a standard
boehm system horn that looks to be maybe 40 or 50 years old. The throat A is
moved slightly to the left from it's usual position on my other 2 clarinets.
The serial number is 565 and is right below the F#/C# tonehole. I've
searched on the internet and I've found next to nothing.

Thanks,
Brian Gibson

___________________
ten.ntretrahc@bigbs
turn that backwards to reply by email

empiric3

May 5, 2004, 2:28:50 PM5/5/04
I also have a Joray clarinet from the J.E. Ray Co. New York-Denver... I
have not found ANYTHING on it. It has not shown up on Ebay or any other
site for that matter, and every search I do turns up nothing. Mine sounds
similar to yours, with a serial # 1433. If you learn anything, let me
know... I'll do the same.

ukeguy

Nov 25, 2004, 9:41:45 PM11/25/04
I have a Joray clarinet serial no. 438 - got it (used) when I was 14 years
old in 1948, so I've had it for 56 years. Still have the original case,
but it was spray painted blue long, long ago. My daughter also used this
clarinet, and it still plays, but needs new pads and corks. Sure wish I
could find out more about it.

ukeguy

Nov 25, 2004, 9:42:27 PM11/25/04

sisterjunkyard

Apr 14, 2006, 12:45:07 AM4/14/06
Looking for any information on the J.E. Ray Co. I have clairnet with serial
number 501143. If you hear anything please let me know.

sisterjunkyard

Robert Campbell

Nov 16, 2022, 10:55:59 PM11/16/22
I have a Jonay 4* Clarinet mouthpiece , Looks like a Tonalin .

William Hutchison

Nov 2, 2023, 11:33:24 PM11/2/23
I acquired an Albert System configuration clarinet marked Joray "New Bore" Denver - New York, and "JER Thib", which I believe is Thibouville abbreviated. Serial #114948. A card with it said it belonged to a musician from Kansas born in 1890 who had a band from 1931 to 1947. It's in surprisingly good shape and I'll try playing it soon. Any information anyone can offer about this?