Unknown clarinet

瀏覽次數:27 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

horaz

未讀,
2008年10月19日 上午11:16:262008/10/19
收件者:
Hi.
I got an ancient (?) clarinet. It is in ebonite (at all) and the only
thingh written is "SWALLOW" on the bell and, a bit little, the same on
the top.
They gave it to me broken in more parts (that's why I know it is in
ebonite), so I have it just for collection.
BUT:
I really wish to know his history, if there's a value, his period or
nation coming from.
Thanks a lot for your time and forgive my english.
Max

Stephen Howard

未讀,
2008年10月19日 下午4:03:252008/10/19
收件者:

Sounds like an early Chinese clarinet.
There used to be a maxim that said if an instrument's brand was named
after something that could walk, swim or fly it was bound to be
rubbish. Thus Parrot, Lark and Skylark instrument are notoriously
awful.

I'm not familiar with the Swallow brand, but the fact that it's
ebonite and not marked with a country of origin fits the profile
above.
It has no value whatsoever.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

horaz

未讀,
2008年10月19日 下午5:03:522008/10/19
收件者:
Understood a little, but enough.
Thanx and regards to you too.
Max

Stephen Howard ha scritto:

Jack Campin - bogus address

未讀,
2008年10月20日 清晨5:48:212008/10/20
收件者:
> There used to be a maxim that said if an instrument's brand was named
> after something that could walk, swim or fly it was bound to be
> rubbish. Thus Parrot, Lark and Skylark instrument are notoriously
> awful.

The first instrument I ever owned was an Adler descant recorder.
That was rubbish too. (German for "eagle").

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === <http://www.campin.me.uk> ====

kim.b...@gmail.com

未讀,
2018年3月20日 上午11:56:112018/3/20
收件者:
Hello
I have a vintage clarinet with "Swallow" on the bell too. I've been searching to find out if it has any value. we found it in the attic after my dad passed and no one knew that he even had it. did you ever find out what your clarinet is worth?
thank-you
Kim

Bennett

未讀,
2018年3月20日 中午12:27:342018/3/20
收件者:
You are asking about a post made 10 years ago.

Here is some information:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.music.clarinet/Xviw5Ife3To

Fred McKenzie

未讀,
2018年3月21日 下午1:18:132018/3/21
收件者:
In article <tsWdnafJ-IztqyzH...@giganews.com>,
Kim-

I wonder if the old clarinet was in the attic when your dad bought the
house!

I agree with the opinions of those in Bennett's reference. IF ANY
repairs are needed, the cost of repair might be greater than the
instrument's value.

Fred
0 則新訊息