Harmony Clarinet Booklet Pages Missing

Fred McKenzie

May 15, 2016, 12:05:47 PM5/15/16
I posted this back in 2011, but did not get an answer.

I found an interesting document at the Selmer website, "Teacher's Guide
to the Alto, Bass, and Contrabass Clarinets", published in 1965 by
Selmer. It was written by Dr. Donald E. McCathren of Duquesne
University. The last time I checked, it was no longer available at the
Selmer website.

After printing it out, I noticed that on page 11, the last word was
only half there with a hyphen indicating the rest of the word was on the

"For these reasons, the Eb contrabass clarinet is un-
doubtedly a more practical instrument for most pur-".

I can fill in the missing fragment, but it raises the question of how
many more pages are missing? Searching the web, I found other
occurrences of the document with the same problem. Dr. McCathren
apparently died several years ago at age 80!

Does anyone know where there is an original copy of this document?

It is listed on Amazon as having 15 pages, but is not currently
available. Amazon lists it in "The Selmer Library of Band Director's
Aids", also not currently available.

Fred