Cheap Trick Font

Colton Q. Pool

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
This message was posted on 9/16, and as of yet, has not been replied to. I
am also interested in downloading the Cheap Trick Logo font. Surely someone
here at the list can help us. Thanks.

>>David wrote - Can somebody post the font used for the CT logo? Thanks.<<

Fred Nugent

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Try Courier or Courier Bold.

"Colton Q. Pool" wrote:

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Man that's burnt!" Elvis Presley

Colton Q. Pool

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
I appreciate the info, but I'm thinking there has to be a specific "messy
typewriter" font out there somewhere. I see plenty of people use it on
websites and CDr artwork. Thanks.

Smakutus san.

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
"Colton Q. Pool" wrote:

There are a couple different ones that look sorta right but none that will do
it exact. They always seem a bit too light so I always took something close
and then had to make them messier and darker in places...

I think the best one I saw was called "tricky" It was a mac font. I had a guy
send it to me but I couldn't get it to work on my Windows 95 machine.

Outt..
Jeff.

Don Waller

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
There's a TrueType font called 'Harting' that comes pretty
close (tho you might have to 'messy it up' a little more to
approach the sloppy genius of the CT logo).

Most free font sites have it. Good luck.

Bun de los Zuelos

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
If it were up to me I'd try getting a cheap old typewriter from a thrift store,
type what I wanted and then scan it.

How does it feel to be better?

Burnell

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
A very nice "messy typewriter font" can be found on the "Unofficial Cheap
Trick Binaries Page." Here's the link, and hope this helps!
http://web2.airmail.net/jkarlson/index.HTM

-- Burnell
remove SPAMSTINKS from my addy to reply

Burnell

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Ooops... I should have verified that the download still worked before
posting the link... But, obviously, since I am replying to my own message,
there are problems with the info that I gave out. The link to the zip file
is busted. So, back to the drawing board for now. I think I still have the
font on my hardrive at home... I'll look for it and post an update if I can
find it. Sorry 'bout that!

-- Burnell
remove SPAMSTINKS to reply

David

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
This is link doesn't work. Can somebody PLEASE send me this font.
Thanks,
David

Burnell wrote in message <7se9b3$nk5$1...@sword.avalon.net>...
>A very nice "messy typewriter font" can be found on the "Unofficial Cheap
>Trick Binaries Page." Here's the link, and hope this helps!
>http://web2.airmail.net/jkarlson/index.HTM

Burnell

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
That's the same font that was on the UCTB page. And, it is pretty close,
but not perfect. I may just try my hand at creating a font...

-- Burnell

LMichaelD <LMic...@worldnet.att.net> wrote
> I found this one. It is from an X-files desktop theme I have yet it is
pretty
> close to the CT logo typewriter style. Hope it works for you!

Smakutus san.

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Burnell wrote:

> That's the same font that was on the UCTB page. And, it is pretty close,
> but not perfect. I may just try my hand at creating a font...

Yeah the X-Files doesn't look as good as some of the other ones on certain
letters or when there are too many of them together.. get creating!

Outt..
Jeff.

julienm...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2020, 4:30:00 PM1/15/20
On Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Colton Q. Pool wrote:
> This message was posted on 9/16, and as of yet, has not been replied to. I
> am also interested in downloading the Cheap Trick Logo font. Surely someone
> here at the list can help us. Thanks.
>
> >>David wrote - Can somebody post the font used for the CT logo? Thanks.<<

here you go - 20 years later.
https://www.ffonts.net/Old-Typewriter-Messy.font.download