What's this group's domain?

Ray Marshall

Jun 5, 1994, 11:35:14 AM6/5/94
This group's title suggests a much broader musical domain than I've
noticed so far. Does it ever extend to blues, classical, acoustical or
folk?

Thanks / Ray

Michael Dauterman

Jun 6, 1994, 12:56:54 AM6/6/94
In article <2ssrbi$t...@jabba.cybernetics.net>,

I think it extends to the Harry Krishna jam session that appears
on Franklin Street downtown from time to time...

I've never partaken any of the watermelons they've passed out.

my...@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu = daut...@cs.unc.edu = my...@umich.edu
mi...@mac.archive.umich.edu = MISTER archive
Michael Dautermann - U-M Alumni calling in from the world...

Super Dave

Jun 6, 1994, 9:50:45 AM6/6/94
> Sender: Ray Marshall

> This group's title suggests a much broader musical domain than I've
> noticed so far. Does it ever extend to blues, classical, acoustical or
> folk?
>
> Thanks / Ray

absolutely. the domain of this music is "music in chapel hill". we
can talk about whatever we want to.

me and my faithful indian companions (hey squishy, hey slappy) were in
the cave friday night hoping to see spatula and hms cervix. unfortunately
we got our days shifted because of memorial day. anyways we ended up
seeing the tim stambaugh band. they're a bluegrass band. that's
not really my milieu, seeing as i'm an asian from seattle, and have
never been to kentucky. but anyways, they were pretty good. technically
they were very good. their line up was tim on acoustic guitar and
some times banjo, a bass player (with a very nice rickenbacker), an
electric guitar player (fender stratocaster), a mandolin/banjo player,
and a harmonica/sax player. no drummer. i guess for bluegrass they
don't want the big heavy beat. anyways they were pretty cool.

dave

________David_T._Chen_(ch...@cs.unc.edu, http://www.cs.unc.edu/~chen)________
God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in
true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids.
-- Gen. J. D. Ripper, _Dr. Strangelove_