Eno - Gay?

Uncle Meat

Jan 16, 1995, 5:27:22 PM1/16/95
I was just wondering, has Mr. Eno admitted to being gay or
bisexual? After looking at the photographs on Dali's car
and Here Come the Warm Jets I suspect that he might be. I
am not criticizing him if he is, I was just wondering.

Thanks

Eric Hodges

Jan 17, 1995, 12:55:40 AM1/17/95
Uncle Meat (thi...@vt.edu) wrote:
: I was just wondering, has Mr. Eno admitted to being gay or

: bisexual? After looking at the photographs on Dali's car
: and Here Come the Warm Jets I suspect that he might be. I
: am not criticizing him if he is, I was just wondering.

I've always been fascinated by His sexuality. I've read that he's married
and has a child. I read that in the early 70s he wanted to dress as a woman
to get in touch with his creative side. I've also read that he bragged of
engaging in sex with such enthusiasm that he collapsed a lung. Someone
posted an interview here from the early 70s, in which he told Chrissie
Hynde (I think?) about his interest in candles and large black women.

But I've never heard if he was gay or bisexual. I wouldn't be at all
surprised if he was bi. I think it was required of people in his circles
back in the early 70s.
astr...@sam.neosoft.com

loblo::brownl

Jan 18, 1995, 5:21:09 AM1/18/95
I only opened and started following this group a few days ago out of
idle curiosity; I come from the same town in England as Brian Eno, and
his family and my family have links that go back many years. He isn't,
and never has been a friend, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him
for about 15 years. Note, therefore, that there is no point in mailing
me about him, because I can't help you (and wouldn't even if I could!
;^)).

Anyway, personally speaking, I very much doubt that Brian
is homosexual, and suspect that he would be less than chuffed to note
that anything like a significant number of people think that he is.

Cheers, Laurie.

PS. Brian, if you *do* read this group, send me a mail!

| Laurie Brown, ex-pat Brit in Brussels. | Email: bro...@loblo.enet.dec.com |
| | laurie...@infoboard.be |

ritape...@gmail.com

May 31, 2020, 10:44:32 AM5/31/20
Hello, I know I am 25 years late to the subject, but he admitted that he only did it to push down male stereotypes. Cheers

tommygu...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2020, 2:41:57 AM7/12/20
Hahaha ha, 25 years later, I'm surprised