Jimmy Campbell found dead on bus

rambler

Oct 27, 2003, 9:52:05 PM10/27/03
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- The daughter of late country music singer June Carter
Cash was found dead in a parked bus along with a Nashville bluegrass fiddle
player, authorities said.

Officials said Saturday that carbon monoxide from six propane or kerosene
heaters on the bus may have killed the two and that an autopsy was planned.
The bodies were found Friday afternoon.

Ted Denny, spokesman for the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department, said
Saturday that the deaths were "suspicious." He said emergency medical
workers found drug paraphernalia, including needles and pipes, on the bus
near the bodies.

Rosey Nix Adams, who also was the 45-year-old stepdaughter of late singing
legend Johnny Cash and Grand Ole Opry fiddle player Jimmy Campbell. Campbell
had worked with Bill Monroe and Jim & Jesse McReynolds.

Adams and her husband, Philip Adams, had recently sold a home in Montgomery
County and were preparing to travel in the bus. They had parked the bus
behind the house for repairs.

Investigators said the bus may have been owned by the late bluegrass pioneer
Bill Monroe. Emergency workers found memorabilia from Monroe and Johnny Cash
on the bus, such as autographed pictures.

Rosey Nix Adams, also known as Rosey Carter Adams, was the daughter of June
Carter Cash and her second husband Richard "Rip" Nix. She was a songwriter
and had pursued a performing career.

Campbell was a member of The Sidemen, a band of Nashville session players,
and had toured and recorded as leader of his own band.

--

THE 59th LAND CLEARING COMPANY
VIETNAM 1968~1971

Ronny

Nov 4, 2003, 4:32:56 PM11/4/03

Didn't Jimmy Campbell play with Cumberland Highlanders?

rambler

Nov 12, 2003, 9:45:19 PM11/12/03
Yep, he sure did but I don't know if he was a regular. I last saw him at the
Station Inn with the Sidemen.

rambler

Nov 13, 2003, 4:07:26 PM11/13/03
Duh! There is a little round knob on your speakers that gives you the option
to turn them up or down, or maybe you are afraid of little round knobs. Or
maybe yet you are some comunist bastard that doesn't believe in free speech.
Anyway what I do with my site is no concern of yours, I fought your very
freedom, if it was to spit on a veteran or tramp on the flag. Read my
lips..............KISS MY ASS ......buttwipe!

Marina Gonzales

Nov 14, 2003, 9:46:39 AM11/14/03
I'm not sure he is old enough to have fought for our freedom.. at least from
the way he presents himself. Personally, I'd think he was in about 6th
grade.

"rambler" <ramblerky@yahoo?.com> wrote in message

rambler

Nov 14, 2003, 4:06:15 PM11/14/03
We need to be more on the subject of Bluegrass here. I apoligize for
"spouting off". I am a very proud Vietnam Veteran and I don't take criticism
lightly especially when it concerns my website. Again, I am very sorry,
please drop it and let's get back on subject.

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Nov 16, 2003, 2:42:36 PM11/16/03
rambler <ramblerky@yahoo?.com> cleared that pesky dry throat, glanced
nervously around, and (and I'm not making this up) declared:

> Duh! There is a little round knob on your speakers that gives you the
> option
> to turn them up or down, or maybe you are afraid of little round knobs.
> Or
> maybe yet you are some comunist bastard that doesn't believe in free
> speech.
> Anyway what I do with my site is no concern of yours, I fought your very
> freedom, if it was to spit on a veteran or tramp on the flag. Read my
> lips..............KISS MY ASS ......buttwipe!

But, if someone has an audio stream playing while they surf, it falls
nowhere short of rude for a site creator to effectively say "you have no
right to your stream, my wishes supercede yours". Therefore, since the
advent of widespread availability of broadband, *every* webmaster worth a
lick gives an off button for the music on their site.
Oh, and I believe in your rights of free speech, and would never dream of
trying to get you shut down, but as long as you've got the music on your
site (and I hear people complaining about it), I'll not ever go there.
www.steelradio.com has a lot more to offer, when I'm not listening to a
bluegrass or classic country stream.

--
Lane Gray
get the .lead out before replying (sorry for munging, I can only take so

rambler

Nov 17, 2003, 12:47:38 AM11/17/03
Well, I sure didn't think this would go so far as to create the mess it has.
My site is for Vietnam Veterans and they don't complain about it. I did
apologize for my rude behavior. I just don't understand what is happening
here. I do understand that it is very easy to hide behind a computer monitor
and type words to belittle people. After all, if you said it to my face I
would probably kick your arss. Besides being a Veteran I've been a bluegrass
musician all of my life. If I don't like the music that is playing, I turn
it off, very simple. I don't care much for the music on my site, but it is
the music that was played at that time. Most of the guys I was in Vietnam
with enjoyed the music I played when I was there, mostly Stanley's and
Monroe.
Again I find myself apologizing for such a small thing as music on my site.
Get a life guys, it's the same old sh*t, if ya can't find something to
complain about you will create something.
This is a warning, don't visit my site if you find the music offensive,
stay away.
You're all ( excuse me again, "the cry babies" ) a bunch of low life,
yellow bellied, chicken sh*t, snotty nosed little b*stards. You're not
bluegrass people, you're a bunch of wanna be's. I don't know why I let this
get to me, I'm way ahead of you people (the cry babies). I'm leaving now,
and leaving your newsgroup so that you can be in your own little world. The
sad part, this started out as Jimmy Campbell, a good friend of mine. We lost
a great fiddle player and all they could think of was June's daughter. I
never knew her but I knew Jimmy, and I knew Mercer and Joe and Stacey and
Wayne and even Larry York. You folks (the cry babies) make me vomit! This
ain't about bluegrass music at all, it's about who can type the best speech,
hell, ain't none of ya ever been to my site anyway, you're scared to death
of war. Hope I get to meet you at some of the festivals next year but then
again you're probably to scared to do a festival any way. Come on down to
SPBGMA at Music City Sheriton in Febuary, I'll be behind stage helping "MP",
( you real bluegrassers will know who I'm talking about). I'm the small guy
with the beard, with the F5. Come up and tell me what you think about
Vietnam Veterans, I can back it up. Good night, that's all she wrote.

hogi...@comcast.net

Apr 26, 2021, 8:15:02 PM4/26/21