Attn: Steve Martin $500 bucks to tell this joke. You don't have to credit me. Just pay me.

Kevin Anderson

Mar 3, 2022, 4:09:17 AM3/3/22
I've just written the funniest joke I've ever written.

It's deep comedy, some people might require the following bits of information. It's worth it.

This is a parable that describes how our knowledges and perceptions shape our understandings. It has many literary variations and jokes.

"A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it they groped about it. The first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said, "This being is like a thick snake". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, the elephant is a pillar like a tree-trunk. The blind man who placed his hand upon its side said the elephant, "is a wall". Another who felt its tail, described it as a rope. The last felt its tusk, stating the elephant is that which is hard, smooth and like a spear."

You also need to know that Martin Short and Steve Martin are comedic partners and take shots at each other.

The last thing you need to know is that Steve Martin is a banjo player and sometimes bores his friends with banjo stuff.

Here's the joke. I wrote the whole thing.

"Joke overheard told on the phone by Martin Short. "There are three wise men and they are gathered around a tablesaw. The first one says "It's a banjo, cuz I hate this asshole."""