Bill Ward sang on Solitude

Shock78RPM

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
I am pretty sure of that.At 1st I did think it was Ozzy that sang Solitude and
Planet Caravan probably up until I heard It's Allright which has Bill Ward on
vocals.
I think that's probably when I started to think that Ozzy did not sing Solitude
or Planet Caravan.A month after I got Technical Ecstacy I got Bill Ward WHen
The Bough Breaks CD and I must say I am totally convinced that Bill Wrd sang
Planet Caravan and Solitude even though he probably didn't write the lyrics to
both those songs.I did actually read on a certain web page that it was Bill who
sang on Solitude.I however haven't read any confirmation on who sang Planet
Caravan though but im pretty sure Bill sang that one as well.I do know that
Bill had played drums in a band with Tony called Mythology but before Bill did
that he was actually in a band where he was Singer and Drummer.I am totally
convinced indeed that it is Bill Ward singing Solitude and Planet Caravan.All
you have to do is listen to It's Allright plus listen to Bill Ward solo tracks
as well and then listen to Solitude and Planet Caravan and you will why I
believe Bill sang Solitude and Planet Caravan.

Gary Lighthall

Nov 28, 2000, 9:18:56 PM11/28/00

Wrong answer!! Wrong wrong wrong!!!! For the love of Ted Nugent,
somebody kill this goddamned thing! Pronto!
Where's that faq?
Gary Lighthall.
Hey Knight! What's up?

Shock78RPM

Nov 29, 2000, 12:48:31 AM11/29/00
Yo have you actually sat down and really listened to It's Allright,Solitude,and
Planet Caravan closely and also listened to Bill Ward When The Bough Breaks?I
certainly have and im positive Bill sings Solitude and Planet Caravan.All you
have to do is listen carefully.Do you honestly think that Ozzy's voice is on
Solitude and Planet Caravan?I don't think so.

†Wicked World†

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00

"Shock78RPM" <shock...@aol.com> wrote in message
: Yo have you actually sat down and really listened to It's

I've listened to Ozzy for quite some time and I'm positive that is him.
Ozzy is capable of singing softly and that would be him on there.

fluff

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
On 28 Nov 2000 23:03:13 GMT, shock...@aol.com (Shock78RPM) wailed
into alt.music.black-sabbath's microphone:

[...]

Solitude, I dunno... but Planet Caravan? You're extracting the
urine, surely? What next, Geezer sung Iron Man?
--

#agcm on Undernet
-Once you get a whiff of our aroma, you'll be licking your Panties

Then you have all this bullshit like Offspring, Bush, Pearl Jam,
Smashing Suck. Fuck that alternative shit and all that fucking ska
crap. I'm fuckin Black Label. Fuckin Billy Corgan sings like a fuckin
pussy and Eddy Veder's a fuckin cunt.
-Zakk Wylde

~Wall of Sleep~

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
A close listen to "Solitude" casts serious doubts that Ozzy was the
singer. Ozzy's voice has characteristics that are unmistakable (and I've
been listening to Ozzy for over 25 years now) and none of those
characteristics are evident on "Solitude".
Those characteristics are evident, however, on "Planet Caravan" -
there's no doubt in my mind that Ozzy sang that song.
--
~Wall of Sleep~
Metal Nightmares

Karen WILCOX

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Bill Ward didnot sing solitude He did sing Planet Caravan also Swinging
the Chain on the Never say Die album

BrutalNoodle

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00

Shock78RPM wrote:

> I am pretty sure of that.At 1st I did think it was Ozzy that sang Solitude and
> Planet Caravan probably up until I heard It's Allright which has Bill Ward on
> vocals.
> I think that's probably when I started to think that Ozzy did not sing Solitude
> or Planet Caravan.A month after I got Technical Ecstacy I got Bill Ward WHen
> The Bough Breaks CD and I must say I am totally convinced that Bill Wrd sang
> Planet Caravan and Solitude even though he probably didn't write the lyrics to
> both those songs.I did actually read on a certain web page that it was Bill who
> sang on Solitude.I however haven't read any confirmation on who sang Planet
> Caravan though but im pretty sure Bill sang that one as well.I do know that
> Bill had played drums in a band with Tony called Mythology but before Bill did
> that he was actually in a band where he was Singer and Drummer.I am totally
> convinced indeed that it is Bill Ward singing Solitude and Planet Caravan.All
> you have to do is listen to It's Allright plus listen to Bill Ward solo tracks
> as well and then listen to Solitude and Planet Caravan and you will why I
> believe Bill sang Solitude and Planet Caravan.

NO NO NO! It was Bette Midler, The Rose damnit, The Rose!!!
--
" Your fate is sealed, fear benefits no man"

Shock78RPM

Nov 29, 2000, 8:02:05 PM11/29/00
I knew that he sang Swinging The Chain on Never Say Die and im glad you agree
with me that he sang Planet Caravan.I actually read on a web page that Bill
does sing Solitude as well.

†Wicked World†

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
I just wish Bill Ward or Ozzy or Geezer or Tony Iommi would jump into
this newsgroup and answer this god-forsaken question for us once and for
all!

: I knew that he sang Swinging The Chain on Never Say Die and im glad you

Captain Tripps

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00

You know a lot of people don't realize this but Slim Whitman sang on
solitude. He sold more albums than Elvis and the Beatles you know.....
--
++Captain Tripps++

BrutalNoodle

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00

Captain Tripps wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2000 01:02:05 GMT, shock...@aol.com (Shock78RPM) wrote:
>

> You know a lot of people don't realize this but Slim Whitman sang on
> solitude. He sold more albums than Elvis and the Beatles you know.....

Actually, it was a duet w/ Boxcar Willie!!

~Wall of Sleep~

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
~Wall of Sleep~ wrote:

> A close listen to "Solitude" casts serious doubts that Ozzy was the
> singer. Ozzy's voice has characteristics that are unmistakable (and I've
> been listening to Ozzy for over 25 years now) and none of those
> characteristics are evident on "Solitude".

You'll notice that the singer of "Solitude" sings through his nose -
Ozzy sings from deep down in his throat. The singer of "Solitude" also
uses vibrato - something Ozzy doesn't do. "Solitude" is definitely not
Ozzy. It doesn't sound like Bill Ward to me, but I've only heard the
songs he did for Sabbath and none of his solo albums. From what I've
heard though, his voice is rougher and not as polished as the singer of
"Solitude" - so I don't think it's him.

> Those characteristics are evident, however, on "Planet Caravan" -
> there's no doubt in my mind that Ozzy sang that song.

"We sailed through endless sky-a-hies.
The stars, they shine like eye-a-hies."

The very first line has Ozzy's patented vocal inflections all over it
(and so does the rest of the song!). Ozzy has a very unique voice - you
know it as soon as you hear it. That's either Ozzy, or Bill Ward is
doing the best darn Ozzy impression I've ever heard!

djjello

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:22:11 GMT, Captain Tripps
<captain...@homeYOURCLOTHES.com> wrote:

>On 30 Nov 2000 01:02:05 GMT, shock...@aol.com (Shock78RPM) wrote:
>

>You know a lot of people don't realize this but Slim Whitman sang on
>solitude. He sold more albums than Elvis and the Beatles you know.....

Dude...you are ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CORRECT!! lol, Look guys...it was
Bill, OK?? djjello

Satticon

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
I thought Tom Araya sang "Solitude"? Wasn't that his big break?

Satticon

>> believe Bill sang Solitude and Planet Caravan.
>
>NO NO NO! It was Bette Midler, The Rose damnit, The Rose!!!

r_o...@remove_this.worldnet.att.net

Nov 30, 2000, 8:11:32 PM11/30/00
I bet they check in every once in a while ... all of them.

Robert

"†Wicked World†" <black-...@neo.rr.com> wrote:

> I just wish Bill Ward or Ozzy or Geezer or Tony Iommi would jump into
>this newsgroup and answer this god-forsaken question for us once and for
>all!
>

>"Shock78RPM" <shock...@aol.com> wrote in message

>: I knew that he sang Swinging The Chain on Never Say Die and im glad you

( modify address for return email )

BrutalNoodle

Nov 30, 2000, 8:57:30 PM11/30/00
Satticon wrote:

hahaha That was his pre-Hell Awaits material!

Glenn Saunders

Dec 6, 2000, 1:27:55 AM12/6/00
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:05:48 GMT, ~Wall of Sleep~
<d...@pioneer-net.com> wrote:

>A close listen to "Solitude" casts serious doubts that Ozzy was the
>singer. Ozzy's voice has characteristics that are unmistakable (and I've
>been listening to Ozzy for over 25 years now) and none of those
>characteristics are evident on "Solitude".

>Those characteristics are evident, however, on "Planet Caravan" -
>there's no doubt in my mind that Ozzy sang that song.

Ozzy had a kind of "old black man" blooze croon (probably a vestige of
Earth) on most of the first Black Sabbath album that he all but got
rid of by Paranoid. Listen to some of the phrasing on The Wizard, for
instance, and compare that to some of the phrasing on Planet Caravan.
It's the same, just softer.

Shawn

Dec 6, 2000, 10:31:19 PM12/6/00
wrong.

djjello wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:22:11 GMT, Captain Tripps
> <captain...@homeYOURCLOTHES.com> wrote:

brat...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2018, 8:42:38 PM9/16/18
I'm Gonna tell you all somethin',Hear pay atention
Cuz Ozzy Sang planet caravan And Bill Sang
Solitude I can't understand this fuckin' Fight
who made what I'm a Biggot Of Black Sabbath when the singer was Ozzy Osbourne and also
hear changes just a little bit slower you'll realize
The singer is ozzy osbourne of planet carava and the compare swinging the chain with Solitude that's all

dama...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2020, 9:23:54 PM8/11/20
On Tuesday, November 28, 2000 at 9:00:00 PM UTC+13, Shock78RPM wrote:
> I am pretty sure of that.At 1st I did think it was Ozzy that sang Solitude and
> Planet Caravan probably up until I heard It's Allright which has Bill Ward on
> vocals.
> I think that's probably when I started to think that Ozzy did not sing Solitude
> or Planet Caravan.A month after I got Technical Ecstacy I got Bill Ward WHen
> The Bough Breaks CD and I must say I am totally convinced that Bill Wrd sang
> Planet Caravan and Solitude even though he probably didn't write the lyrics to
> both those songs.I did actually read on a certain web page that it was Bill who
> sang on Solitude.I however haven't read any confirmation on who sang Planet
> Caravan though but im pretty sure Bill sang that one as well.I do know that
> Bill had played drums in a band with Tony called Mythology but before Bill did
> that he was actually in a band where he was Singer and Drummer.I am totally
> convinced indeed that it is Bill Ward singing Solitude and Planet Caravan.All
> you have to do is listen to It's Allright plus listen to Bill Ward solo tracks
> as well and then listen to Solitude and Planet Caravan and you will why I
> believe Bill sang Solitude and Planet Caravan.

Geezer butler sang planet caravan and says so in interviews

jennho...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2020, 9:59:27 AM8/18/20
i hate to break it to ya, but it was ozzy singing solitude.. Tony says so in interviews.

Pär Andersson

Aug 25, 2020, 6:11:21 PM8/25/20
Only two songs with another singer than Ozzy and thats Its alright and Swinging the chain! If you dont hear Ozzys voice on both planet caravan and solitude you dont know your Sabbath!