Billy Joel gay??

Mario Nicolas

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have never
heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out with
finding out the truth. For the record, I do not have any problems with
people being gay but hearing that he was gay was news to me. Fill me in.
Thanx.

-**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Compchick

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
>My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have never
>heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out with
>finding out the truth. For the record, I do not have any problems with
>people being gay but hearing that he was gay was news to me. Fill me in.

Well, he's not. Perhaps she was confusing Billy Joel with Elton John, who is
indeed gay.

The Mocked One
"Always ready for the next barrage... not that there has to be a next
barrage..."

To stop future mistakes... I'm male. "Chick" is the last part of my last name.

Toonces464

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
>My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have never
>heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out with
>finding out the truth.

I'd start with asking Christie Brinkley...

"There are people who have lost every trace of human kindness..." - Billy Joel

GrandAmJE

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
>>My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have never
>>heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out with
>>finding out the truth.
>
>I'd start with asking Christie Brinkley...

and maybe we should ask Carolyn Beegan too?

Jennifer
"It's all about joy that comes out of sorrow, It's all about faith and a
deeper devotion"
Billy Joel

skagrrl

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Yeah he's gay... and dead... and having a secret affair with Elton John... and
got abducted by aliens...

Okay you get the point. Rumors suck.

-Kim

Mario Nicolas wrote:

> My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have never
> heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out with

> finding out the truth. For the record, I do not have any problems with
> people being gay but hearing that he was gay was news to me. Fill me in.

Christine A Tarbet

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Excerpts from netnews.alt.music.billy-joel: 9-Sep-99 Billy Joel gay?? by
Mario Nicolas@earthlink.
> My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have neve
> heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out wi
> th
> finding out the truth. For the record, I do not have any problems with
> people being gay but hearing that he was gay was news to me. Fill me in.
> Thanx.

He does seem like a really happy guy.

christine

Eileen R.

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
LOL!!! Good answer!!! Eileen :)

Christine A Tarbet <tar...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in article
<Urq_7SW00...@andrew.cmu.edu>...

Heather Mock

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
LOL. I like it!!

Christine A Tarbet wrote:

> Excerpts from netnews.alt.music.billy-joel: 9-Sep-99 Billy Joel gay?? by
> Mario Nicolas@earthlink.
> > My fiance told me that she had heard that Billy Joel was gay. I have neve
> > heard any such thing and I was wondering if any of you can help me out wi
> > th
> > finding out the truth. For the record, I do not have any problems with
> > people being gay but hearing that he was gay was news to me. Fill me in.
> > Thanx.

BSJAD

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
...and then ask his first wife.

sendmoney2me

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99
unless of course christy brinkley is really a transvestite, i think it's a safe assumption that billy is straight. this post could, however, start a new rumor on the christie brinkley newsgroup hahaha

mimia...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99
In article <19990910103211...@ng-fp1.aol.com>,

bs...@aol.com (BSJAD) wrote:
> ...and then ask his first wife.
> That is not a very nice thing to say. Billy, I am quite sure is not
gay, I do not know where you would even consider that he was Mimi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

mimia...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99

beyondb...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2017, 1:56:26 AM11/10/17
Researching for a book I’m writing, I discovered that the hotel where my father was a lifeguard in the mid 1950’s in Brooklyn, was a hub of gay lifestyle. The indoor pool and steam rooms were reputed to be protected safe space for the city’s A-list authors and stars (Truman Capote among them) and for high ranking military.

One of the major contributors to the Kinsey report, Thomas Painter, lived in the hotel from 1953-1957, writing detaiked accounts of his homosexual encounters. Among them, the head lifeguard Jimmy Stamp, who helped identify potential lovers for Painter.

It was the Hotel St. George, in Brooklyn Heights.

Billy Joel wrote a lament filled song called “Hotel St. George” in 1968, wondering whatever happened to the glory there. If you want to know if he’s gay or not, I’d ask him what is behind his love of the hotel.

Billy and my father never crossed paths at the St. George, but in 1977 my father represented the man who sued Billy Joel for allegedly plagiarizing “My Life.” Joel paid a settlement.