Chat rooms for Billy Fans?

Amy Tupper

Jun 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/19/97

Just wondering....

Are there any chat sites that are solely dedicated to Billy fans? I
subscribe to the digest and check the newsgroup frequently, but I was
curious about any chat rooms. They can be IRC or other on-line chat
rooms.

-Amy

P.S. Not any disgusting, perverted sites please!

Todd M. Bullivant

Jun 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/19/97

> Are there any chat sites that are solely dedicated to Billy fans? I
> subscribe to the digest and check the newsgroup frequently, but I was
> curious about any chat rooms. They can be IRC or other on-line chat
> rooms.

Well, there's the #billyjoel chat room on IRC (Undernet), but hardly
anyone ever visits. I have a chat client up on the Turnstiles Chat
section, but again, not many visit. Maybe if we set a time for people
to show up, they will. How about 8:00 Saturday nights? The advantages
of the Turnstiles chat is that you can access it through the JAVA on the
web site, and also through IRC by connecting to irc.pseudo.com room
#billyjoel. I'll be there at 8:00, if anyone drops by.
|Todd M. Bullivant ,,, |
|Alias: Radar (0 0) |
|E-mail: bull...@craft.clarkson.edu |-----|--oOO--(_)--OOo--|----|
|E-mail: Radar...@aol.com |-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-|
|Turnstiles: http://www.clarkson.edu/~bullivtm/billyjoel/ ---|----|
|---|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-|
| "We're going all the way to the Great Wall of China"-Billy Joel |

Steve Tursi

Jun 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/20/97

I can set upa web-based chat room pretty easily if there is any interest.
The only problem with that is its usually difficult to generate traffic to
the room, and I don't really want to take the time to do it if there is no
interest. What do you people think?

Amy Tupper <bec...@inet.att.co.kr> wrote in article
<33A918...@inet.att.co.kr>...
> Just wondering....

> Are there any chat sites that are solely dedicated to Billy fans? I
> subscribe to the digest and check the newsgroup frequently, but I was
> curious about any chat rooms. They can be IRC or other on-line chat
> rooms.

Todd M. Bullivant

Jun 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/21/97

> Why don't you set it for a better time? I won't speak for the rest,
> but at least for me, 8:00 Saturday is when I go out for a night on
> the town. I'd expect others to as well. How about a weekday night, or > weekend afternoon? Secondly - the world has 24 time zones. Is this > supposed to be 8:00 PM ET?

Well, I originally set it for Monday's and Wednesdays at 8:00 PM EST.
But people said no weekends were better! I can't win! I'll see how it
works out tonight, and may change the time later...

MOONxSTARS

Jun 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/22/97

How can I get to the chat room for Billy Joel and when is the next
scheduled date?

Thanks,
Dawn