BBoys in "THE FACE" magazine

1 view

BellyAngel

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
I was browsing through the mall when I spotted "The Face"
mag(some UK mag that sells for like 7.50 here in the U.S....god those English
people just love to rip us off) and what doyouknow, the bboys are on the cover.
Anyway, I'd really love to type out the article for you guys but it's hello
long so I'm just gonna post some quotes and tidbits right here.....if you want
the entire article, I can type in maybe an hour, maybe longer, depending on how
much time I have, but I'll let you know once I do.

Reporter: What questions are you fed up of being asked?
YAUCH: "We've been asked that one before"
HOROVITZ: "It's interesting that we make music and that's why people interview
us and then it's like nobody ever asks us about it. You don't want to know
anything about drums or guitars or mikes, or lyrics or anything?"
Reporter: Are you totally fed up with the press?
YAUCH: "English journalists. One minute they'll be (adopts comical Michael
Caine accent) 'You guys are the greatest', the next they'll be, 'Oh, you're
that shite band, aren't you?"
HOROVITZ: "The press tell you what to hate. When we came back to England after
our first record the press didn't care. We were over. We couldn't even sell
records. But we played the Marquee and the kids there were happy to see us. But
it's not like I read this stuff."
MIKE D: (oh yeah, Mike D lost his voice to "laryngitis" so he had to write
everything he wanted to say) He scrawled with a pen and paper: WHY DO MOST
ARTICLES IN THE UK HAVE TO MENTION THE WORDS 'JEWISH' AND 'UPPER CLASS' ?
YAUCH:"There's such a significance on class. They go, "They're a bunch of rich
kids.."
HOROVITZ: "...So they're not significant."

ADAM YAUCH EXPLAINING HIS "ASTRONAUT" DILEMNA:
When Yauch was a boy, he wanted to be an astronaut. His earliest memory is of
not seeing Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. "I ended up sleeping through
it", he says. "My parents were going to wake me up and I was really excited,
and I ended up missing it. I got up in the morning and I was like (yelps
childishly) 'You didn't wake me up!"

some more of the article:
Reporter: Can you see yourselves making another record after "Hello Nasty"?
HOROVITZ: "Yeah!! Of Course, right? (emphatically) aren't wel?
YAUCH: "You haven't heard the Country Mike solo album?"
MIKE D: (gasping, attempting to speak): "Acchhh...chchch....."
YAUCH: "Hey! Diamond! It's not worth it!"
HOROVITZ: "We're going to have to put a muzzle on him..."
MIKE D: (resorting to pen and paper): "IN 18 MONTHS WE PLAN TO FALL OFF THE
EDGE OF THE EARTH. AFTER WE DISCOVER THE WORLD IS FLAT AND RELEASE THREE
FINISHED, BUT UNRELEASED, ALBUMS."
HOROVITZ: "Was the doc experimenting hallucinogens on you?:
MIKE D: (still writing): NOW YOU KNOW WHY I WASN'T SO GOOD AT SCHOOL.BETTER AT
THE SPEECH YA KNOW.

okay people, that's all I'm gonna type...cos everytime i type and post nobody
reads them, so please let me know you read this ok? If you'd like, I will type
the entire article for you, you know, if you have Beastie webpage or if you
just plain want the article. I'll post again once Ihave it. I also will scan
some of the pics from the mag once i get a chance. I just need to know that
this post is actually being "read" All context typed above was completely taken
from the article, none of my luscious opinion was given :)

*"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair.....
and I eat men like air......*"
^^Sylvia Plath^^
*amylou*

PtrOne

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
yes I read it, good job.

BellyAngel

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
>yes I read it, good job.

thank you. Anyway, I have a pic of Adrock from that interview, it's
really cool. It's hime showing off some sunglasses he bought with his
McDonald's happy meal. Email me if you want it.

Luke Jones

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
to BellyAngel
I read it. I LOVE to get actual "411" on this newsgroup instead of
random chatter and argument. The post you did is, in my opinion, what
these NEWSgroups are all about. Sharing news & information. So, keep
typing!

Luke
--
"IT ISN'T POLLUTION THAT'S HARMING THE ENVIRONMENT.
IT'S THE IMPURITIES IN OUR AIR AND WATER THAT ARE DOING IT."

cscs

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
Nice post. Could you please tel me what no. Face it was so I can buy it? I
dwell in the United Kingdom.
CSCS

BellyAngel wrote in message
<199807300320...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...