Former Cramps Guitarist Bryan Gregory Dies at 46

doth...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 12, 2001, 6:45:11 PM1/12/01
Former Cramps Guitarist Bryan Gregory Dies at 46
Thursday, January 11, 2001
ANAHEIM, Calif.—Guitarist Bryan Gregory of The Cramps, a band that helped to
launch the punk music revolution in the late 1970s, has died. He was 46.
Gregory, a native of Detroit, died Wednesday at Anaheim Memorial Hospital,
spokeswoman Gina Esparza said. A cause of death was not immediately available.
The guitarist had recently suffered a heart attack and had been ill for several
weeks, his former wife, Robyn Hunt, said by telephone from her home in Florida.

The Cramps made their debut in 1976 at the legendary punk rock club CBGB’s in
New York. Gregory was known for his wild antics on stage and his distinctive
black hair with a lock of white hanging over his eye. “He was into feedback,”
friend Andrella Christopher said of Gregory’s musical style. “He loved making
the most obnoxious sound he could get out of that guitar.”
The band released two albums, Gravest Hits in 1979 and Songs the Lord Taught Us
in 1980. Although Gregory left the group in 1980, band members Lux Interior and
Poison Ivy continued to perform as The Cramps. Gregory also appeared with other
Cramps members as “punk thugs” in the 1978 film The Foreigner. After leaving
The Cramps, Gregory performed with the band Beast from 1980 to 1984, and with
The Dials from 1992 to 1995. He had recently formed a new band called Shiver,
Christopher said.
Gregory is survived by a daughter, Tracy Ellis, and a sister, Pam Beckerleg,
both of Michigan.

Dave O'Halloran

Jan 12, 2001, 7:48:27 PM1/12/01
Man...does that ever bum me out. The Cramps with Bryan Gregory were the ultimate
garage band for me. The Psychedelic Jungle LP opened my eyes and ears up to all
kinds of crazy noise and got me searchin out obscure rockabilly and punk tunes.
Bryan, wherever you are, may your bones keep rockin'!!!

RIP man... you were the coolest!

dave

SEWER

Jan 13, 2001, 2:59:16 PM1/13/01
that guy KICKED ALL YOUR ASSES!

I read that he never picked up a guitar before he played with the CRAMPS!
he liked the sound ..........so.....he did his best to play what he
could! All the feedback was a front to hide his playing abilities! He
was one for the SEWER!
REST IN PEACE with all the other ROCK GODS!

doth...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Former Cramps Guitarist Bryan Gregory Dies at 46
> Thursday, January 11, 2001

> ANAHEIM, Calif.--Guitarist Bryan Gregory of The Cramps, a band that helped to

Powerpops

Jan 13, 2001, 9:44:26 PM1/13/01
>that guy KICKED ALL YOUR ASSES!
>
>I read that he never picked up a guitar before he played with the CRAMPS!

everytime some asshole dies you guys start yapping about how much you LOVED
them.

new rule: unless you mentioned loving somebody when they were alive on BT you
have to keep your mouth shut when they die.

have you never listened to the Beast singles. simpley horrible music. i'm
sorry when anybody dies but just because they made music that you liked does
not make them instant legend when they die. he is anything but a ROCK GOD.

Mr E Train

Jan 14, 2001, 11:17:27 AM1/14/01
>everytime some asshole dies you guys start yapping about how much you LOVED
>them.

Don't count on it. When you kick the bucket I don't think you'll be getting
any post mortem love letters from this group. It'll be more like, "What a
jerk. Glad he's gone."

> new rule: unless you mentioned loving somebody when they were alive on BT
>you
>have to keep your mouth shut when they die.

New rule: Unless you mentioned disliking somebody when they were alive on BT,
you have to keep your mouth shut when the people who DID like him attempt to
pay their respects.

> have you never listened to the Beast singles. simpley horrible music. i'm
>sorry when anybody dies but just because they made music that you liked does
>not make them instant legend when they die. he is anything but a ROCK GOD.

Never heard the Beast singles, not interested. No doubt they're just awful.
When I think of ROCK GODS, I usually reserve that title for people like Link
Wray, but if these folks say Bryan Gregory is a ROCK GOD, so be it. That fuzz
sound on "Human Fly" qualifies him in my book. I defy anyone to come up with a
sicker sounding fuzz, just a massive, continuous white noise in the key of the
song.

SEWER

Jan 14, 2001, 12:52:43 PM1/14/01
hey POOP!

thanks for the RULE!  I dont think he was a ROCK GOD........i said he can HANG with them now.
I bet his other band sucked like THE FEVERS!  I dont want to hear it..........I thought it was cool the way he got into the BAND!

How was BEAGLE?  Did they rock your world POOPER?  DID the FEVERS get some other idea to RIP OFF?

YOUR PAL SEWER

Powerpops

Jan 14, 2001, 2:43:18 PM1/14/01
>How was BEAGLE? Did they rock your world POOPER? DID the FEVERS get
>some other idea to RIP OFF?

the Fevers follow no one.

SEWER

Jan 14, 2001, 9:27:43 PM1/14/01
WHATEVER!

YOU WISH YOU WERE SUPERCHARGER!

Powerpops

Jan 14, 2001, 9:56:47 PM1/14/01
>WHATEVER!
>
>YOU WISH YOU WERE SUPERCHARGER!

i'll take that as an insult.

you're usually so sweet sew. what's up?

Alan and Lisa

Jan 15, 2001, 11:53:23 AM1/15/01
In article <20010114215647...@ng-ca1.news.cs.com>,
powe...@cs.com (Powerpops) wrote:

Hey, you used the right version of "you're!" Congradulations, PP, there's hope for you yet!!

AW

SEWER

Jan 15, 2001, 1:26:31 PM1/15/01

its all for fun..............

any new bands in the world of COOL these dayzzzzzzzzz?

let us know POOPER!

Powerpops

Jan 15, 2001, 2:25:43 PM1/15/01
>any new bands in the world of COOL these dayzzzzzzzzz?

Eagle!

does anyone care about Donny Denim? do you weeenies know who that is? if we
make an LP will any of you losers buy it? would we have to do something lame
like write featuring members of Stoopidcharger on it?

Mr. Mxyplxyt

Jan 15, 2001, 3:03:33 PM1/15/01
Former Fevers Guitarist Powerpops Dies at 24
January 15, 2001
San Mateo, Calif. — Guitarist Powerpops of The Fevers, a band that helped to
launch the homosexual punk music revolution in the late 1990s, has died. He was
24. Powerpops, a native of Togoland, died Wednesday at Banana Truffle Memorial
Hospital, spokesman Greg Lowrey said. Cause of death was from injuries he
succumbed to after being beat up at a local punk rock show. The guitarist had
recently suffered a heroin O.D. and had been ill for several weeks, his former
partner Larry Lamare, said by telephone from his home at Gay Baths.

The Fevers made their debut in 1999 at the legendary gay punk rock club The
Purple Onion in San Francsico. Powerpops was known for his sexy antics on stage
and his ability to make people run screaming from the room. “He was into kinky
sex,” friend Bruce La Bruce said of Powerpops. “He loved making
love for hours upon hours.” The band released one EP in 1998. Powerpops also
appeared with other Fevers members as “gay punk sluts” in the 1998 film The
Assrimmers. Powerpops is survived by a no one, because he had no friends.

Direct Read News - Pathlink Technology Corporation

SEWER

Jan 15, 2001, 6:44:55 PM1/15/01
Donnie sang a song on the last PHANTOM SURFERS lp.....XXX
he sounds like someone you would HATE!  whats up with that?
YEAH.......we all would love to hear THE FAVORS on cd...............That would be up there with the WOGGLES and HATEBOMBS for me...................
unless you change your sound to something like.........aaaaaaaaaaa......................the DONNAS!

SEWER

SEWER

Jan 15, 2001, 6:49:56 PM1/15/01
THATS NOT NICE!
POOPS HAD FRIENDS...................................EFE , DR ASS, FAT
ASS BITCH, BIG FAT ASS BOB,............and yours truly.........
sewer

Mr. Mxyplxyt wrote:

> Former Fevers Guitarist Powerpops Dies at 24
> January 15, 2001

> San Mateo, Calif. -- Guitarist Powerpops of The Fevers, a band that helped to

Powerpops

Jan 15, 2001, 8:24:40 PM1/15/01
>YEAH.......we all would love to hear THE FAVORS on cd....

no CD. vinyl only. 500 copies in the Netherlands...unless someone likes it
enough in the states to repress it.

BUT... i was talking about a D.Denim LP not the Fevers. we are making an LP
like it or nott. i was just curious about weather there was any interest ???

>.That would be up there with the WOGGLES and HATEBOMBS for
me...................

again you've insulted me.

SEWER

Jan 16, 2001, 12:38:05 AM1/16/01
DONNIE D ??????   is he a one man band?   HOPE NOT!

the "BACK DOOR" FAVORS on cd.......WOW.......................im saving a space next to the best!  THE  WOGGLES!!!!
just for you POOPER!
take it GREEZY

sewer

Powerpops

Jan 16, 2001, 12:42:19 AM1/16/01
>DONNIE D ?????? is he a one man band? HOPE NOT!

no! two members of the Fevers and one Stoopidcharger.

Steinunn/Raj

Jan 18, 2001, 7:33:52 PM1/18/01
kid congo powers is da bezt in da vezt
"Mr E Train" <mret...@aol.com> wrote in message

bongo...@my-deja.com

Jan 19, 2001, 10:22:57 AM1/19/01
That fuzz
> sound on "Human Fly" qualifies him in my book. I defy anyone to come
up with a
> sicker sounding fuzz, just a massive, continuous white noise in the
key of the
> song.

original issue of the "Human Fly" single for sale, picture sleeve Vg,
wax Vg++, start those bids at $100
--
photos for sale
email bongo